One

Sick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jungkook," his mum starts, "it's time for your medicine." 

Her statement was being followed by the creaking sound of his bedroom door opening. His mum enterd his room, a pill and a glass of water in her hands. Jungkook sat up in his bed and silently accepted the pill from his mum and put it in his mouth. He drank some water to help him swallow down the pill, and lay back in bed again.

"Do you need anything, Jungkook?" his mum asked him.

Jungkook shook his head and turned his back on her faking tiredness. His mum kissed his temple and left the room, leaving him to sleep. She was barely even gone, when another person entered the room. A person with green hair en dark eyes entered the room.

"Yoongi." Jungkook sat up straight again.

"Did you swallow the pill?" he asked.

Jungkook shook his head and opened his mouth, revealing that the pill layed underneath his tongue the entire time. He took the pill and hid it with the other pills underneath a loose board in the floor of his room. 

"Good," Yoongi said. "Don't tell Seokjin you didn't take your meds, he'll try to force you to take them. Aish, that guy!"

Jungkook chuckled. Although Yoongi pretended to dislike Seokjin, they all knew he didn't mean it. Seokjin had a bit of a motherly personality and cared a lot for his friends. If he thought that swallowing those pills was best for you, he would go through hell and back to get you to swallow them. Jungkook loved that about him, don't tell anyone he said that though.

Knowing there were people out there who cared for him made his confinement in 'the room' - as he dubbed it - seem a lot less bad than it was. His friends always came to visit him after school was over. Yoongi usually rushed over to check if he had taken 'the pill', and after that Jimin and Taehyung would arrive. Hoseok had dance practice, so he was always late and with Namjoon it depended on wether he was working on music or not. Seokjin only visited on weekends, but would sleep over during vacations since he was currently studying at University to become a doctor. Although he was a very good cook his parents had discouraged him from following that dream and told him to pick a job in another field he liked: helping people. Initially he had been uncertain about this career path, but now he seems to enjoy his studies very much, judging by the lengthy, incomprehensible (at least for Jungkook) stories he would tell when he did come over.

Jungkook missed him. Although he would never admit it, Seokjin was his favourite hyung. The was quite large (5 years to be exact), but although Seokjin was very motherly, he could also be very childish and Jungkook loved that about him. His presence was calming and Jungkook felt safe around him, like everything was gonna be alright.

Of course everything wasn't going to be alright.

The medication wasn't working.

During the small period in which he did swallow his pills, he slept a lot, often missing times when his friends would visit. He felt numb and exhausted no matter how much he slept and barely ate. After a while Yoongi saw his friend becoming thinner and thinner and told Jungkook it was the medication's fault. Indeed, after Jungkook stopped taking the pills he felt much better.

POV First Person

Seokjin, who was studying to become a doctor, said the side-effects would disappear after a little while, leaving me feeling better t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter