Half moon

In between death and life

“You don’t want my respect anymore, do you?”

“I thought I lost it already at the bottle thing.”

He sighed. “Are you serious? Jark Pimin?”

“Oh god, shut up, that could happen to anyone.” He put the coffee and the cookies in front of me.

“Okay, and what did you say? Why did this happen?” I looked down at my chocolate chip cookie.

"You'll tease me again and I’ll kick your horse again” Hoseok rolled his eyes at my comment. 

“How can you talk like that right in front of my customers you moron?!”

“You don’t even own this café, you’re just one of the drunk employees that can be find anywhere.” He took the seat right next to me.

“I’m special and you know that, Mr. Pimin.”

I took a bite of my cookie and started chewing

“Your first day didn’t sound interesting anyways but waaaiit, what was the name of that cute nurse you’re overwhelmed with?”

“Her name’s Seulgi and please don’t say that. Taehyung will call his alien mafia to punish me if he finds out that I might like someone from his fathers hospital.”

“And you say that I’m the one thats extra, stop making so much crumbles Mr. Piminmaster. I have to go now my female customers wait for me huhuh.” I smiled and rolled my eyes.

I couldn’t tell him what exactly happened to me in that pimin moment. I mean even I don’t know what happened. It kinda felt.. like a panic attack or something but man I’m exaggerating. Why do I even think so much about it.  I should focus more on what I have to do til tomorrow

 

      -      -      -      -

 

“Taeee come here, don’t be mad”, I ran behind him while he went straight to the living room.

“You don’t think we’re friends anymore, do you?” he said kinda hurt.

“You guys make make my life really hard. I can’t decide who of you two is more weird, seriously it’s the most hard decision i’ve ever had to make”

I caught him and pushed him onto the sofa and held his arms tight so he couldn’t escape.

“Let me goo lett mee go you betrayer and don’t you ever call me taetae again hoe!!”

He bit my arm and so I yelled.

“Taehyung please forgive me I didn’t mean to do so.”

His gaze was so dark and hateful I became slightly scared.

“Was it really necessary to say that and even while looking straight into my eyes?!”

I honestly felt so sorry and could relate to him. It’s horrible to hear something like that

“Tae please listen, I didn’t mean to spoiler the series.”

He let go of my arms and whined full of sadness.

“BUT YOU DESTROYED EVERYTHING YOU BASTARD, YOU JUST RUINED THE WHOLE SERIES. SINCE EPISODE 1 EVERYONE WONDERS IF IT WILL HAPPEN OR NOT AND YOU JUST UUUGGGHHH WHY DON’T YOU JUST LET ME GO AND CRY IN MY ROOM??”

I’m used to the weird things that Taehyung gets mad of, but in this topic even I can understand that he wants to kill me right now.

“Hey, look me in the eyes. I’ll buy you that expensive matcha cookie ice cream that you love so much, okay?” Suddenly his face went from ‘I-want-to-kill-myself’ to ‘Can-we-please-make-36-children?’.

“M-my favorite? ..Really?”

Just now I noticed that I was straddling him.

“I promise. Nothing and nobody could ever break this promise.”  His grip on my wrist softened along with his eyes.

“R-really?”

“Yes, I promise as I said.”

“..Only if you buy two!” , he pouted.

I sighed “Okay, if you forgive me then.”

“YAYY”, he yelled and pushed me off his lap.

This boy.

“Oh and by the way, I’ll kill you if you put your little chimprince in Seulgis unicorn castle.”

He said as calm as it was the most normal thing to say from the sudden. I nearly choked on my spit and got extremely nervous.

Is he reading my mind or what?

“H-hey what are you talking about? Are you crazy?! Wait, why do I even ask? The answer is cleaner than j-hoe’s underwear most of the time.”

“Hey are you getting money if you diss me like all the time or what?” Hoseok ‘fighted’ from the side of the couch and I chuckled. Taehyung then slapped my hand and I jerked away.

“Ouch idiot what are you doing?!”

“Don’t change the topic Doctor Pimin Bottlekink. I know you very well and It’s 100% sure that you already planned what you’re kids names will be.” 

I blushed a bit, not because it is true but why does he already know that I .. kiinndaa start to like Seulgi a tiny bit?

“There are tons of pretty nurses and I promised you that I wont .. ‘join anybodies unicorn castle’ or whatever you wanna call it. And why Seulgi? I mean theres also Sun mi and Yeeun.” I think I sounded believable.

“Cause I know you little . She’s so you’re type.” I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t worry homie, I won’t touch her and now shut up I wanna go sleep or else I’m not gonna buy your ice cream thingy.” He threw a pillow at me and whined like a ing mixture of a 3 year old child and a duck.

“Youuuu promiseedd~” I laughed and got out of the room. I needed sleep. Tomorrow could be a tough day.

 

      -      -      -      -

 

I began my second day at the hospital and wondered about how comfortable I got in only two days. Even Seulgi complimented me hehe. Hyungwon told me that he liked me a lot more than the other nurses. I honestly feel flattered, this here is a lot better than school. Ugh Tomorrow I’ll have to go there.

How disgusting.

But right now I have to concentrate on this ing infusion thingy aand yees I’ve made it. I changed it for the first time. I worked a few hours and got more and more used to everything.

“Here for you” Seulgi threw something at me and I catched it.

“Energy drinks?”

“Yes I thought I could buy you one too.”

How sweet that she thinks of me.

“Well, thanks a lot.” I opened the can and took a sip of it.

“Do you want to keep being a nurse?” I asked while we were sitting together.

“I really like the job, but no actually I want to become a real doctor, this is just a side job. I wanted something related to the job I really want.

She is so perfect.

“Wow that’s so cool” I said and she giggled adorably.

“You came here because of Taehyung right? From where do you know each other?”

“We know each other since we’re babies. It’s a bit complicated. My dad worked here for a long time and our dads were friends to but.. yeah he quitted his job. Not as bad as it sounds. Anyways Taehyung and I kept our friendship till now, we were always best friends.” I smiled as I remembered all the things that we’ve done together.

“Aww what a cute story. I also know my best friend since childhood. I think it’s very important to have someone that knows every little detail even better than you yourself.”

Such beautiful words come from such a cute person.

“I think you’re absolutely right” Everything about you is absolutely right.

“Oh I almost forgot, here’s the list of the numbers of the hospital phones from each nurse and doctor here. If you want to reach someone who’s in another floor or something. These are really useful.”

Wow her handwriting is so pretty. 

“Oh I have to go, a patient needs me, almost forgot” She said and walked quickly towards the door when I noticed something on the notepaper.

“But wait, why are here two numbers of you?” 

She quickly turned around one last time while saying: “Dummy, that’s my private phone number.”

She winked and got out of the room.

DID SHE JUST WINK AT ME?

This is her number and she winked at me while givin- .. I started grinning so widely. I didn’t think that the corners of my mouth could even rise more. Some of the male nurses told me that it was lunch time and I should give the people in the 4th floor their food. I nodded but my mind was clearly somewhere else. As I started to bring the plates with the food I thought a lot about something else.

“ Taehyung, I’ll marry her and our first child will be named Seulmin, a mixture of our both names. The second one will be called Jimgi. We will have 18 of them and ooohhh I can’t even wait to maakkeee the babies. Oh yeah I will my whole soul out and th-

“Uhm excuse me, I don’t drink coffee. I think you accidently gave me the wrong tray.”

An unfamiliar voice spoke from behind. When I turned around to apologize, It felt like I just dipped my heart in lava and then threw it in ice water.

Jungkook.

My lips became dry and my voice didn’t come out for a good few seconds. Is he a human? Maybe he comes from the same planet as Taehyung. 

“I-it’s okay if you can’t change it anymore. I’ll just leave the coffee here and drink water later.” No way that they are from the same planet

“Oh no no no please excuse me, my bad. I’ll bring you t-tea and water, I’ll be right back.”

I walked back to the table where the food stood. My lungs let out a breath I didn’t even know I was holding. I drank the whole energy can and threw it in the trash forcefully. I tried to hurry up and bring him his tea. I didn’t want to make him wait and something told me that it was right to be near him.

“I’m very sorry about that, next time I will be more carefully.”

“Hey don’t worry, It’s totally normal, I mean it’s just your second day and something like that happens all the time.” He smiled. His smile looked really bright and honest.

I realized that he was the last one who needed lunch, that means that I was done. I was about to go but then something fell on the floor.

“Oh, sorry that was my phone” Jungkook said. He was about to stand up to pick his phone up but I stopped him and gave it to him. He had an anime phone case. How cute.

“Ah thank you very much.. Jimin right?”

I cringed as I remembered the ‘pimin’ thing.

“Yes, Park Jimin. N-not Jark Pimin I’m still sorry about that I think I got a bit nervous.” I smiled as I scratched my head embarrassed. 

He chuckled and blushed slightly.

How cute. Wait, shut up Jimin this is a boy.

“No need to apologize that was actually really funny you know.”

“Well thanks then? I guess.” I said while smiling. I stood there just looking at him, observing every little detail of his face and his body. He did the same and it kinda became awkward so he let out an embarrassed cough.

“Oh uhm sorry I thought about something. Erm You’re Jeon Jungkook right?”

“Yes that’s my name, who told you?”

Oh man I forgot that there was no way I could know his name. “Urrgh I-I asked Seulgi, I just wondered.” He looked a bit surprised but still changed the topic.

“Can I touch your cheeks?” what the hell.

He shrunk back and hid a his bottom part of his face with his face to hide his blush.

“I-I’m sorry that just came out of m-my mouth I know it’s weird but they looked so chubby and so fluffy and squishy.” I stood there and stared at him, did he really say he wanted to touch my cheeks?

“Nevermind, you can go wherever you wanted to go n-”

“It’s not that weird to be honest, here you go. Let all your frustration out.” I said to make him feel comfortable and laugh again, what he did right after I said it.

Not even bunnies have such cute bunny teeth.

I came closer so that we were almost face to face. My heart began to pound very fast at the look of his face being so close to mine. He cupped my cheeks lightly. That little action sent chills down my spine and I started to become nervous. This was the first time ever that he touched me. We stared in each others eyes and that gave me the sudden strong urge the come even closer. I was about to drool when he pinched my cheeks very strongly and let out a loud laughter.

“OH MY ING GOD YOU LOOK LIKE A DEAD HAMSTER.”

He casually said and continued laughing very loud. What the I thought, but also couldn’t hold my laughter in and joined him. I ‘pinched’ his arm lightly and he acted like it hurt him a lot.

“Who knew that something like that would come out of your mouth?”

He smoothed his hair out while smirking and winking at me. , that was hot.- I mean, hot for a girl. maybe. I smirked back when I realized that he’s mayybee not so innocent and shy like I thought.

“Uhm excuse me I don’t want to be that annoying person but could you stop making out onlyyy for a second? I need help with a patient”

Oh my god it was Seulgi. And she laughed. I got so embarrassed suddenly and stood up immediately. She definitely walked in as we stood so close with our faces.

“We didn’t make out, we just joked a bit.” I said and chuckled, trying to maintain my coolness.

“Okay let’s go Seulgi.”

“See you later Pi- I mean Jimin-ssi.” I even blushed slightly. 

"See you around Jungkook” I said as we went out of the room.

“Wow, what the hell was that?”

“I think I’m even more confused than you, this was the first time we ever spoke and something this weird and funny happened.”

We walked in the elevator.

“No I think you don’t understand. I mean I really don’t get what you were doing” she said while chuckling.

“He wanted to pinch my cheeks and I let him. Then he said that I looked like a dead hamster.. from all the sudden.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at the mention of this very weird.. but funny and cute moment with Jungkook.

“We don’t even know each other, I don’t know. But I can clearly say, he gives off that ‘always-fun-hanging-out-with’- vibe’.

“So so, you found a new friend. Lucky you.”

I laughed 

“Yes I guess so.” She looked a little upset, only a tiiinyy little bit but still.  

I don’t even know why, but one thing was for sure, I wanted her to smile again.

“Hey did I tell you that I scratched my with a bottle while I was drunk a few months ago and my friends thought that I was ing the bottle?”

She almost choked and looked nothing but shocked. Maybe it wasn’t that good of an idea. Oh Pimin you fool, now she thinks that you’re a weirdo. But then she bursted out in a laughter.

“Whaaattt?!?! How?? And the biggest question whyy?”

I also had to control my laugh. I don’t even know why I told her the thing I wanted to hide because it embarrasses me to death. I was just in such a good, because of.. nevermind. What I want to say is that I just wanted everyone around me to be in the same good mood, and seems like I did it.

And also I think this could bring us two closer.

“I had a big moscito bite on my .. well , near the .. well hole.

Why the am I telling this?

And It was so painful and scratching and annoying. I got drunk that day .. not because of the bite but because I was just in the mood to drink something.. or to drink a looott.-”

“Come to the point, when did you the bottle?” she asked and I laughed.

“Okay. I saw the bottle in the fridge, thought the temperature was just perfect, took my pants off and placed the bottle horizontal on the floor and sat on it.”

“Oh my god you little bottleer.” She said and ‘ran away’ as I ‘hit her’ playfully.

“The cold glass soothed the sting and I .. may orr maayy not made sounds that coouuulldddd beee considered as a weak version of ‘’-”

“Ooohh youuu areeee a bottleer Mr. Pimin”

“Hey if you also begin to tease me, I’ll do that again right in front of you.”

She backed away and scrunched her nose in disgust

“Ewwwww I would crush the bottle with your head” I chuckled and followed her, where ever we were going, I honestly forgot.

“However, my roommate and Taehyung walked in on that and.. I mean what would you think if you see someone grinding his/her on a bottle and making moan sounds?”

She stopped me in the middle of the way and looked at me with serious eyes so that I became nervous again

“HAHAHA YOU LOSSSEER” She pushed me and ran away while laughing. I chased her through the whole floor and my stomach began to hurt from the laughing.

How much better could life become?

 

Today I had the pleasure to joke around with two people I only know since yesterday, like they were my best friends or something. It felt great to be honest. But still, it’s confusing. The first time I spoke with Jungkook, he pinched my cheeks and called me a ‘dead hamster’. I mean.. what the ?!?! If you meet a new person you don’t ask directly if you could pinch his cheeks? Even if we knew each other for a long time, the request is still very weird. And the other thing, I told Seulgi that one embarrassing thing that no one on this world should know. And the weirdest thing? I enjoyed both so much.

 

        -      -       -      -

 

My shift ended in the evening. It was very late this time and already dark outside. I took my bag and all of my stuff and said goodbye to everyone. I was about to go out when I saw the moon and the stars shining bright from the balcony. I wanted to make a very short stop there to admire the sight from a higher building. As I got near the door, I heard something.

No I heard someone. Someone was singing.

I paused my steps and just listened to the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard. The voice was singing ‘Half moon’ by Dean. I absolutely loved the song so much. I opened the door to the balcony to see whose angelic singing this is.

Jungkook.