Jark Pimin

In between death and life

(Jimin’s PoV)

 

The glass full of water fell on the ground as I stumbled again because of my freaking silliness.

“How the am I supposed to change a bandage or something if I can’t even walk properly?”,

I whined as I saw hoseok still sleeping on the couch with nothing except for his boxers on. Again. How am I even supposed to understand peoples problems or help them? I walked over to the couch and kicked my roommates .

Of course he yelled so loud the whole school must’ve heard it.

“Get up you lazy ”

“k can’t you be gently for once in your life?”

I put two cups of coffee on the table in front of us.

“And can you please wear your clothes for once in your life?” He looked me right in the eye and came closer and with his face.

“People don’t call me Jhoe for nothing.”

I pinched his and pushed him away. He let out his mixture of giggling, yelling and whining. Everyone that knows hobi longer than 3 minutes is used to it.

“Help me, motivate me, tell me I’ll do it good” , I said. He gave me his weird confused look

“..are you pregnant?” This guy.

“GOD HOBI COME BACK TO YOUR SENSES I’M TALKING ABOUT MY JOB” The job that my other best weirdo buddy gave me

“Ouch that doesn’t give you the right to yell that loud.” Says the right one.

“And calm down why are you even nervous Jimin? Everyone loves you the first second they meet you. When people talk about you they always say

HE’S HANDSOME AND CUTE AS HELL, HEE IS SOOOO NICE TO EVERYONE OH MY GOD AND DID YOU SEE HIS BODY HOLY FUC- OUCH WHAT ARE YOU DOINGG” Just had to interrupt him

“Throwing something at you to make you stop holy , didn’t you say you were the hoe?” He gave me his “fake hurt” - look and whined

“People are wrong. you’re totally not nice be more kind too meee.”

I smirked after I took one last look in the mirror after I decided that my hair looks on fleek.

“I am nice to humans, not to girly horses and don’t be late your café needs you.”

The broken glass still laid there but I couldn’t care less. This was my first job ever and who wants to be late at his first day?

“Wow your ‘horse’ will be back in 8 hours, I hope till then you have something to fix my heart that you just broke.”

Who knew that horses can be emotional?

“I’ll buy you a carrot now shut up I have to go now, don’t wanna be late and please put the broken glass away cause I know you will step on it.”

I tied my shoes and took my wallet and my bag.

“Hey you’re gonna be a nurse so why don’t you be my y nurse if I step on it?” He smirked and winked at me.

“Anddd the jhoe is back, I better go before you infect me with your weird personality”

The color of my jacket matches my bag I just realized

“H e a r t b r o k e n. Don’t forget that you bottleer” he said as I opened the door

“HOOBIII STOP TEASING ME ABOUT THAT, I WASN’T ING THE BO- Ugh nevermind you’ll never stop”,

I whined and cringed as I walked out of the door and heard his monkey-like laugh.

 

    -      -      -      -

 

“Taetae stooopp I look okay”, I whined as we stood in front of the hospital.

“Sorry everytime I see you I get this mother instinct that tells me to fix every little detail of your looks my son” I rolled my eyes and flicked his hands away

“You’re worse than hobi I swear”

He opened the door and we walked in.

“No, I know what pants are and now change the topic. You’re about to get informed about everything you have to take care of and believe me there is a lot so you better listen to everything. And please I beg you, don’t flirt with any of the nurses, I know they’re cute and pretty but hold your back, if something happens you’re gonna ruin my image. What would people think if the son of one of the most famous doctors in korea is friends with a bottleing e-”  

“OKAY OKAY, I understand. You two pleaasee I beg you to death stop teasing me about this, I wasn’t ing the bottle.” He also looked me right in my eyes and said

“You were and sat- Ouch” I slapped the back of his head.

“For gods sake shut the up” He shook his head

“You know you can’t talk to patients like that, you have to be nice.”

“I don’t need to hear that again and I didn’t even want the job, you were the one who pushed me into this” We walked towards the office.

“Pfff I did that for you because I know you’re poor as , if you don’t accept my help then why are you here?”

He sounded upset and I started to feel very guilty.

“Okay I’m sorry Taetae, I’m just nervous and I know I’m gonna do a lot of mistakes. I appreciate how you care about me, my alien.”

“No need to thank me, I just don’t want to see you ing a bottle again”

I blushed because the doctor that just passed us looked like he heard everything and is nothing but disgusted.

“I take everything back, why am I even friends with you?” He looked at me with that weird cute alien smile and hugged me

“beecauuseee youu loovee meee” I cringed and pushed him away

“No, why does no one understand?  Humans can’t love horses or aliens.” He pouted and I laughed.

“You’re so mean you bastard”

 

I took a deep breath, we were about to go in and I was about to start my very first job. I was nervous as hell but in the same time I felt relaxed, I don’t know it was weird. Maybe I was relieved that Taehyung was with me.

I know taehyung since we’re babies. Our fathers even worked together till my father became an alcohol addict and got fired. He is okay now, but such a shame can’t be forget. One year ago I moved out of our house, because of college. My parents spent their whole money on the costs of my college. I was more than thankful and felt guilty. So, I wanted to make them proud. Show them that I can do everything on my own. And here I am on my first day to start my career in the hospital where my father ended his.  

 

    -      -      -      -

 

“Did you understand everything?”, the cute nurse asked.

"Yes, i did.”, I smiled

“Good, you won’t do much today since it’s your first day. So I’ll let you watch mostly, it takes some time to get used to everything but you seem to be a good student so I think everything will be fine.” She smiled.

Damn she’s fine, but Taehyung was right, I have to hold my back if I wanna succeed in this job.

After we finished talking we went to the second floor. It was breakfast time, so we had to bring the patients their food. This wasn’t difficult in any way so she told me that I could join her in this. But first I had to introduce myself.

“Good morning and nice to meet you. I am a new nurse in this hospital and look forward to working with you.”, I said and bowed.

“My name is Park Jimin.” The nurse smiled at me.

Oh and by the way, her name is “Seulgi”, what a cute name for a cute girl.

 

We brought the patients their plates with food and their drinks as well. Everything went well and I was also feeling relieved. Most of the patients were very very old people, well in the 2nd floor were only old people. But I guess 2 hours later, after she showed me a lot, we moved on to the 3rd floor. Till now everything I had to do was easy and the things she did looked easy as well.

The 3rd floor was the part of the hospital that was made for kids, everything was colorful. On the wall were drawings from children. In the waiting rooms were a lot of little chairs and always a box full of toys.

There I also had to introduce myself, so I did. The kids liked me a lot and asked many questions. While seulgi was treating them one of the kids asked me to read a part of a book for him.

He seemed very shy and didn’t even looked me in the face. I smiled and agreed, but before I started to read I asked him for his name and he answered shyly.

‘Hyungwon’

"That’s a pretty name, you know. Nice to meet you Hyungwon!”

I gave him my ‘famous’ eyesmile and we shook hands. He smiled back and I started reading. I heard how Seulgi chuckled from the back as she watched us silently.

How am I gonna survive if she keeps being this cute? She told Hyungwon that I had to go now cause we had to continue with work.

He nodded and waved at me while smiling, I smiled and waved back. He was really adorable.

 

We went to the elevator as we talked.

“Wow, you seem to be really good with kids” she said, cute.

“Really? Oh now I’m glad, I thought I scared him or something.” She laughed

“How could you think so? He totally liked you, even more than me and I know him since he was born.”

Oh no, I don’t think anyone could like a person more than you.

“Well, thanks then I couldn’t even do it without your help.”

“No need to thank me, that’s my job Jimin." 

Lord help me or else, why does my name sound so good on her lips? Okay I’ll definetely need to stop or else I’ll start drooling.

After we reached the elevator and went in, she told me a few things about the 4th floor. There were mostly people around my age. I was a bit more nervous but it was still fine. The door of the elevator opened and we got out and went to the first room.

I did the same things and slowly gained confidence in them.

 

One of the boys flirted shamelessly with Seulgi and that was the first time I heard her speaking not so politely.

“Shut up Namjoon or I’ll cut through the infusion.” The guy only smirked at her and she rolled her eyes and got of the room but not without pulling me with her

“Come on Jimin let’s go to the next room.”

"Uhm okay, who is he?” She looked disgusted and upset

“urgh no one it’s a bit.. complicated, nevermind. He’s always like that." I nodded a bit confused but I only met her today so I didn’t want to ask too much.

 

We went to the next rooms and I did the same, I introduced myself and helped Seulgi out with everything I could help with. In one of the rooms was a girl, she seemed to be checking me out, but I was too fascinated by Seulgis eyes and lips so I couldn’t care less.

As we walked to the next room she started talking again.

“Hey it’s only your first day and you became really popular, good job. How do you do this?”

She smiled again and I even blushed a little.

“Uhm I don’t know I do nothing on purpose, I swear!” She laughed loud.

“Hey it’s okay, I’m not mad, I am proud of you, not many people are like this on their first day.” I looked at her beautiful face and answered

“Maybe you’re just a perfect instructor.” I saw her smiling shyly and blushing.

I can feel how wrong this is, Taehyung told me 473287345 times that it’s not allowed to date patients or employees.

Fine, then I won’t. This can’t be really hard, right?

 

We walked into the next room and I looked around as I noticed Dr. Kim (Taehyungs father) walking in. Seulgi ensured me that she’ll talk to him and I should do my job (introduce myself). I continued looking around there were two boys.

One of them looked like he broke his leg and the other one was sleeping. I could just assume that he had a car accident or something like that because he had bandages on his arm and his head.

Oh man I feel very sorry for the people here. When I looked to the right side I noticed a third boy.

My heart skipped a beat and my gaze was suddenly fixed on him. I couldn’t tell why but my brain told me not to look away.

He had such round eyes and his hair looked so fluffy and messy, like he just woke up. I started sweating and my breath lost its rhythm. As  I blinked again, I saw how he was glaring back.

His eyes have such a dark color and his lips were the complete opposite. They were bright and pinkish. We both didn’t seem to care that we stare at each other for a good minute.

Suddenly his pink lips formed a slight smile and that smile widened even more, till i could see his teeth.

He had this bunny teeth that can make anyone look younger, fresher and cuter. I could feel that my lips were starting to shake a little as I smiled back.

“Uuhhmm Jimin? Weren’t you going to introduce yourself?”

Oh I forgot everything that happened a minute ago.

She started talking to Tae’s dad again as I opened my mouth to speak. Right when I wanted to let the first word out my eyes wandered to this boy again. He was also looking at me and I gulped very hard and looked away.

“Good afternoon and nice to meet you. I am a new nurse in this hospital and look forward to working with you.” I said and bowed as always. But then I couldn’t resist and looked at this boy again.

Again it felt like a fire was bursting in my chest.

“M-my name is Jark Pimin.  

What. The. .

These two words took the attention of everyone that was in the room, even the sleeping boy who also woke up like a minute ago. The awkward silence in the room spread more and more and everyone looked confused.

“Uhm.” Well .

“I am sorry, what I meant was that my name is Park Jimin not Jark Pimin.”

More silence. I was blushing already because of the big amount of embarrassment, but then Dr. Kim and the three boys started laughing.

Words can’t describe how confused I felt in this moment.

How can I spell my own name wrong? I did so many things today and I failed at telling a few people my name?

But oh my god nevermind. It was so ing worth it, because I swear to god the laugh of this boy was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

If angels were here right now in this moment and would start singing something, it’d be nothing against the sound that just came out of his mouth. I felt so flustered and my heart was beating faster as ever.

His cheeks color changed slightly to a pinkish color.

Did I say that pink was my favorite color from now on?

Seulgi drew me back to reality and said something about how normal it is that someone makes mistakes and such things. Honestly, I didn’t even listen. I was so affected by that one boy.

That ing chuckle.

 

My shift was about to end in one hour and there wasn’t any work left so I just sat there with all the other nurses.

I met them all and they were all really kind. There was one guy who was really funny and entertaining, his name was Jackson, if I remember correctly.

I saw how one of the nurses stood up and went away from Seulgi so I immediately took the seat next to her.

“Oh hey Jimin how is it going?” she asked me and we talked a bit about my first day. She told me that I did better than most of the people she had to instruct everything as they first came into this hospital.

I felt really proud of myself and happy that I was getting along with Seulgi. But one little thing bothered me and I just had to ask.

“I have a question, who was that one boy on the right side in room 126?” She looked up and tried to remember who I mean right now.

 

“Oh him, the one you got so fascinated of?” I gulped. Fascinated?

“Uhm, yeah this one, I think. And. Uhm. I wasn’t fascinated, I just just.. I just wondered what disease he had.”

Yeah what disease he had. That must be it.

“I couldn’t figure out by looking because he looked totally.. ‘healthy’.”

My heart was beating fast again.

“Oh I think I have to disappoint you. He is not fine, he has blood cancer.”

It felt like my heart just fell to the ground.

“Chemos don’t work in his case, so we had to do start another therapy. So far it’s working but leukemia is unpredictable so we had to keep him here. It’s just so sad, his mother is ‘homeschooling’ him. He’s cut off from mostly everything outside. But luckily he has got a few friends that visit him sometimes and the therapy shows positive results so far. We hope that he’ll come out of here soon. He is here since almost 2 months.”

My heartbeat fastened so much, I felt so sorry and instantly wanted to make him feel happy everyday.

I can’t explain why exactly, I don’t even know him. My mind says, it has to be right. 

“Oh and by the way his Name is Jeon Jungkook.” It fits his laugh so perfectly. That name must be made by the angels that created his perfect laugh.

Jungkook