CH 15: June 14, 2013

Moon and Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH 15: June 14, 2013 

I wasn't supposed to be partial, I knew that. But I couldn't help it as I subtly hyped EXO as I introduced them along with my co-host. I was going slightly off script, but it was okay. 

“Back with the charismatic and cool new single, Wolf, everybody please put your hands together for EXO!” The audience cheered as the lights slowly brightened, revealing the wolf-like formation of the boys. 

Chanyeol’s ‘chogiwa’ kicked off their performance. I couldn't help but sing along quietly from backstage, simultaneously thinking of how embarrassing this, along with their outfits, would be in a few years. 

Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed their performance, and it seemed like others did, too. The fan chants uplifted the boys’ spirits, I could tell. They performed wonderfully, their performance was almost like a recording of their practice that I had watched. 

Their performance finished faster than I expected. 

They were ecstatic as they walked off stage. 

“Wah, that was great,” I could hear Suho say. “I'm very satisfied.” The rest of the 11 boys chattered with each other excitedly. 

“Yah! Kim Junmyeon!” I called out. Suho swiveled around, a grin on his face. 

“Lani-ah! How was that? Were we good?” He questioned as he neared me. Chen, Tao, and Xiumin followed him. 

“Yes, you guys were so good, I'm so proud of you. And, I shouldn't say this, but first place is guaranteed.” My hushed tone made the four boys laugh. Chen threw an arm around my shoulders. 

“I hope so,” Jongdae sighed. “Our debut was more than a year ago-” I slapped his chest. 

“Don't use that tone, pabo. With that type of attitude, nobody wins.” I smiled. “You guys are guaranteed a win, for sure.” 

“Lani, you're on in two!” A shout from behind me alerted me. 

“Oh, !” The curse slipped out of my mouth as I slipped out from under Jongdae’s arm, causing Jongdae and Tao to burst into laughter and Minseok and Suho’s mouth to drop open. 

“Sorry,” I sang as I walked away. “I'll talk to you guys later, tell the rest of the boys I said good job!”

***

As the points piled up, I could my own throat constrict as they did. 

Then suddenly, the numbers stopped changing. 7270 to 14420. And EXO was in the lead. 

I had to physically restrain myself from screaming when the boys did. As Suho began to cry, I could feel myself tearing up, which was ridiculous, because I didn't even cry during any of our four wins, much less our first. 

I felt a proud mother as they spoke. For the four months that I had known them, one of the biggest things I had learned about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter