Cooking Lesson

As Simple As That

Siyeon was in the kitchen, she was bored. She want to do something. Maybe cooking? But she didn’t know what she will cook, she can’t cook.

Suddenly she got a naughty idea. She want to do an experiment. The thing that comes first is to make super spicy sauce.

She began to wash and give it some oil. Siyeon began to put the chilies and saute it. Maybe she want to make a sauce with sauted chilies. With a small fire she continue sautéing and Yebin came up.

“What are you cooking?”

Siyeon turned.

“Unnie! I don’t not know.”

“Then what are you sautéing chilies like that?” Yebin still wonder.

“Maybe to make chili sauce?” Siyeon wasn’t sure.

“I didn’t know to make chilie sauce with chilies that sautéing first?” Yebin still not understand.

“I’m going to do an experiment.” Siyeon said confidently.

“Stop your experiment.” Yebin turn off the stove. “I have bad feeling.”

Siyeon just silent gawk.

Yebin taking a cutting board and knife, put it on the dinner table.

“Siyeonie, you better sit.”

“Unnie, will cook?” Siyeon dragged the chair at the dining table and sat down.

“I will show how to cook.” Yebin said confidently while open the fried.

Siyeon just shut with a doubt expression.

Yebin take 1 carrot, a few strands of white mustard, 1 radish, some sitake mushrooms, purple cabbage and garlic.

Yebin bring that all to the table and began to peel the vegetable that need to be peeled. Siyeon just pay attention. Finishe peeling, she washed all the vegetables and then she bring back to the table and start slicing. Yebin slicing radish and carrot as small as matchsticks. Slicing thin purple cabbage, cut the mushrooms but not too small and chop up the garlic. She did it exactly like a professional, it makes Siyeon amazed.

“whoa! She did it like a professional!” Siyeon said in her heart.

“Unnie, what would you make?” Siyeon still don’t understand the ingredients.

“I will make a stir-fry vegetables.” Yebin said.

“But why the ingredients not like when Minkyung cooking?” Siyeon wondered.

Yebin start frying. After the oil is boiling, she put the chopped garlic. Fry it till it smells good. Siyeon stood beside Yebin, watching it carefully. Then Yebin put all the vegetables and mushrooms.

“Wow, You guys cooking?” Minkyung come startle them.

“Yebin unnie will cooking something.” Siyeon answere excitedly.

Minkyung walk closer, see what is being cooked.

“What’s the ingredients?” Minkyung asked.

“Some vegetables and garlic, without unions.” Yebin said confidently.

Minkyung just smile, then walk to the fridge.

“Are you sure?” Minkyung tease Yebin.

“Of course!”

 

Minkyung smiling and take a few vegetables and ingredients because she will cook after Yebin.

“Minkyung unnie, will cooking too?” Siyeon confuse look at Minkyung also prepare something.

“Yap!”

Minkyung start sitting and do her work.

“What is that?” Siyeon sitting in front of Minkyung.

“Bibimbap!”

“Whoa!!!” Siyeon excited.

Meanwhile Yebin still busy cooking.

 

3 Minutes later.

“Done!” Yebin shout.

Siyeon immediately stood up and run to Yebin.

“I wanna taste! I wanna taste!” Siyeon voice sounds like a baby.

“Of course!”

 

Siyeon take a bit food with a spoon and blew it softly so it doesn’t feels too hot. And then …

Siyeon eat and chewed it.

“O’ow!” She said to herself. “What the heck!! Why it taste like this??”

“How does it taste?” Yebin asked curiously.

Siyeon just grinned, don’t know what what to say.

Minkyung who saw Siyeon’s face can understand how it taste.

“HAHAHAHA!!!!” Minkyung laugh out loud.

“I knew it!!!” Minkyung shout. “HAHAHA!!!”