Part X (1K SUBS SPECIAL TEASER)

November Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
November Rain 1000 Subscribers Special Thanks & Teaser Chapter

 

Dayeon had her eyes glued on the screen in front of her, scrolling absent-mindedly down the website’s page until a title caught her attention. She clicked on the link and got redirected on a page filled with tints of blue, white, and black. Her gaze moved to a specific place on the web page and a large smiled made her lips curve.

November Rain

Subscribe (1000)hide

“Jungkook! Come here!” She screamed from the room she was in, scrolling down some more, curious. She read the last comments and her smile widened even more. Dayeon heard steps coming from the hallway until the door opened behind her.

“What’s up?” Jungkook called from the doorframe before stepping in. Dayeon turned her head to look at him and her sparkling eyes had his heart soften immediately. Wasn’t she the most beautiful with her angel-like smile and bright eyes?

“Come here!” She ushered him closer and scrolled back up, her finger pointing at the screen of the computer where the four digits stood proudly. Jungkook leaned behind her, resting his arms on the back of the chair she was sitting on.

“What’s that?” He asked, tilting his head to the side. “November Rain…” It’s only as his lips moved and curved to form the two words that it made sense in his mind. He smiled a nostalgic smile, old memories appearing in his mind. Memories of a place he used to call home a long, long time ago.

Dayeon nodded slowly, seeing Jungkook’s expression from the reflection of the screen. She knew what he was thinking. “Don’t you think it’s fascinating that so many people read and enjoyed our story?” She asked, turning her head to finally look at him.

He had his eyes locked on the four numbers on the screen, his mind lost somewhere under the heavy pouring rain of November. “It is...” His voice was a soft mumble, and very soon the simple touch of Dayeon’s fingers on the skin of his cheek brought him back to reality. His chosen reality.

“Do you think we should give them something in return?”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “Give to who? And give them what?” He asked and Dayeon shrugged, removing her hand from the boy’s cheek to turn her face back to the screen. Without her touch, his skin felt vulnerable and cold.

“There’s so much more they could know… A lot wasn’t revealed to them, the readers. Other points of view, stories that could make them understand why. What if some readers didn’t understand?”

“What story would you want to tell them, then, Dayeon?”

“Your story, Kookie.”

It was as if a dark curtain fell on Jungkook’s eyes. He stayed quiet for a moment, which made Dayeon turn her chair to face him completely. Jungkook took a step back and sat on the couch a mere foot away from the computer’s desk. A simple look at his eyes and she knew what was on his mind. “They gave so much love to our story, Jungkook, even though it’s not a story filled with rainbows. They shared my smiles and shared my tears. They will share yours too. Don’t you want them to know?”

The boy stayed quiet, thinking. Older, less nostalgic memories cramped up in his mind. Memories of three crooked smile on a family portrait. Three smiles shattered by this place he used to call home long, long time ago.

What was their life like at that exact moment? He wondered...

“This is our story. Yours, Jimin’s, and mine. The story of how everything got to the ending point, how each and every one of us matured in this. How our mindset changed over the years. How every twist and turn of events led to the final denouement. Don’t you think your story would be the breaking point to everything?

“The cause of all this?

“The storm that preceded November’s rain?”



 

***

On a stormy day of November,

He lost faith in his decided happiness.

But little did he know,

Behind her smile she had a crumbled heart, too.

***

25 years before Jungkook and Dayeon’s Matching Banquet

“Lee Sunyoung, please stand up so I can present you to your match.”

A look of surprise painted the girl’s traits when she stood from her chair, her eyes scanning the room rapidly before she faced the small stage, the Council’s representative looking at her with a warm smile. Beside her, from the corne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter