Chapter 4

When I See You Again

Two weeks had passed without anyone of them tried to speak up and settle things up. They were just too busy with works and calmed their crazily beating hearts.

And then came a day for the company to their annual workshop that used to be held outside the building or to be exact they would go somewhere nice and fresh and usually they would go overseas, and that time China was chosen to be their destination.

Everyone was so enthusiast with that and Jinah was one of them. She had been working so hard and barely got any chance to go to a nice place and this workshop could be a great idea.


But in the other hand, Luhan was not really happy with that. Luhan is Chinese and going for a workshop to his hometown wasn’t a really good idea, besides the Christmas holiday was almost there and he would definitely go home and enjoy his holiday without any work related things and not to mention that he had a bunch of works to finish before the end of the year so, he chose not to go there with the other employee.

It wasn’t a bad choice, but somehow it made Junmyeon freaked out.

“Why Luhan? Whyyyy??” Junmyeon whined like a kid.

“I have a lot of works to do”

“But it’s China! Your hometown!”

Luhan sat down on a leather couch on Junmyeon’s office “I’ll go there on Christmas.”

Junmyeon rubbed his temple in thinking manner “Jinah will go there!”

Luhan was thinking for some moment, yes he really wanted to spend more time with her outside the work, but “No, I still have a lot of works to do, sir. It just a week, it’s not like she’s gonna marry someone over there.”

Junmyeon a little bit shocked with his answer. “Whatever. I just want the best for you, but you refuse, so from now I’ll give up.”

Junmyeon put up both of his hands as a surrender sign.

***


“Where’s Luhan?”

Jinah encouraged herself to ask Junmyeon that morning when they were already on the airport to go to China.

“He’s not coming.” Junmyeon said simply but looked at the disappointed expression of Jinah, a bulb of wild idea suddenly popped up on his head. “He’s sick” he added.

“Sick?!”

“Yeah, very sick. I heard that he ate something that already mixed up with shrimp last night and he started throwing up, until this morning.” Junmyeon put up some action to convinced Jinah and somehow it worked. The girl started to frown and Junmyeon felt the urge to get the story worsen.

“Oh, and he also had a fever, like …” he faked a frown, tried to choose the right temperature digit to set Jinah on panic. “ … 45 degrees.”

“No way!”

And it worked.

Junmyeon smiled proudly when Jinah quickly ran out of the waiting room, then he took out his phone and typed something.

***


Jinah roughly pressed the elevator button several times after rushed from the airport to Luhan’s apartment. She even considered taking the emergency stairs but she was just out of breath because of the nonstop yell for the taxi driver to speed up. Once the elevator door opened, she quickly jumped in and pressed a certain number of floor button repeatedly as if it would make the elevator work faster.

Jinah was too panicked after the information she got from Junmyeon that Luhan was very sick. She quickly ran like her life depend on it and did not care about the flight to China that she missed, all that she cared about was only her sick boyfriend. She ran to his apartment like she used to do years ago whenever he fell sick.

Then the elevator stopped at the 16th floor and Jinah immediately got out and ran to a certain door that she used to go almost every day. After she found the door, she unconsciously and immediately pressed the intercom, not on the bell button but on the unlock button. Her fingers quickly pressed some certain password number that she would never forget because it was her own birthday date. And the door opened, made a loud click sound and Jinah abruptly tossed out her shoes and ran bare feet inside the room.

“Luhan!” she started panicking because she couldn’t find any sign of alive human inside there.

“Luhan where are yo-“

“Jinah?”

t.b.c