Chapter 2

When I See You Again

Most of the things went great at the first week of her work, the employees were nice, her work was pretty easy to handle, Junmyeon was a friendly CEO whose always took her out for a nice lunch, and even though there were several things that she had no idea about, Luhan was there, always ready to help her. It was like he always set his eyes on here, silently but steadily watched her movement –didn’t want to miss any little thing that she did.

Despite the little heart attack when their eyes accidently met, they got along pretty well for the rest of the day. Luhan even cracked a joke about the scary security downstairs which made her let out the laugh that he missed for the past few years.

“I’m going home.”

It became their habit to say goodbye to each other at the end of the day and mostly Luhan would say it first, but today Jinah decided to start because Luhan was too occupied with his computer to notice that she was done a little while ago but refused to go before getting any smile from Luhan.

“H-huh?” Luhan turned to face Jinah with a blank expression on his face. “Already?”

Jinah awkwardly laugh. “yeah, I’m done with my work.”

Luhan paused for a moment. There were a lot of things floating up in his mind, he had been waiting for the perfect timing for him to ask her out for a dinner, or maybe just to offer a drive back home. But then he felt numb, his brain couldn’t work properly as his tongue went weak.

“O-okay, then.”


Then he mentally slapped himself for being such a coward and just sent her off like that. Saw the girl started to walk away, his brain started to work properly and he realized that he just can’t let her go like that.


“Jinah, wait!”


And the girl stopped her track and tried to look at him properly and calmly without showing any sign of nervousness even though her heart was jumping against her ribcage, fireworks were bursting everywhere and butterflies were kicking her tummy like crazy because that was the first time Luhan called her name in years after they separated. She did expect something behind that sudden call.


But Luhan just stood there at his work station, eyes looked at her in a total nervousness and he started to feel paralyzed again.
“Umm, see you tomorrow.”


And then with a nod and disappointed heart, Jinah left the office that day.


***


“Why did you two break up?”


Again, Luhan choked on his lunch because of Junmyeon sudden question.

Junmyeon was just so irritated with all of the awkwardness between those two ex-lovers or according to Junmyeon’s little observation they’re still in love with each other but just too dumb to know it. He was deadly curious what could made the two of them break up, was it something fatal or just a tiny little misunderstanding because he knew the both of them would make a great couple.


“Who?” Luhan said after gulped a big amount of water.

“Jinah and you, idiot.” Junmyeon rolled his eyes.

“We just went to the same College” Luhan was still trying to lie but Junmyeon was just knows him too good to tell whether he’s lying or no.


“How?” he sternly asked.


And Luhan let out a huge sigh, knew that he can’t keep this a secret to Junmyeon.

He was trying to explain the whole thing, carefully chose how to describe their past relationship but all that came out from his mouth were just “she asked it.”


“I don’t believe you”


“That’s it. She, she asked it first.” Luhan tried to convince Junmyeon “We dated for two years and suddenly she wanted to break up. That’s all.”


“It can’t be. There must be a reason because despite you being an,” Junmyeon paused, not sure if he should say it or no, “you being an idiot, I think you’re a great boyfriend.”


Luhan let out a deep breath. “Maybe, I was an idiot back then.”

t.b.c