Chapter 1

When I See You Again

Luhan supposed to be there because he’s one of the managers and in the other hand, Jinah surprisingly entered the room and introduced as one of the new employee from the head company which was chosen to help with a specific part of the company which was surprisingly to be Luhan’s department.

“Ms. Kim, this is Lu Han, the manager which you’ll be working with.”

She felt her heart did a little somersault when a very familiar pair of brown eyes looked directly into hers.

Luhan reached out a hand and flased a small smile “Hi”

Jinah was like mentally slapped when she realized that she should give a handshake to her new partner that unfortunately was her ex-boyfriend. “Nice to meet you”

Their re-introduction was only that short and super awkward, but thanks to the CEO for the quick awareness of the sudden awkward moment and quickly introduced her to another employee.

***

“Do you know her?”

Luhan choked at the sudden question from his lunch partner a.k.a Kim Junmyeon a.k.a the CEO.

“W-who?”

Junmyeon sighed, already knew his bestfriend’s attitude. “Ms. Kim.”

Luhan gulped down and tried to look as normal as he can “You mean, Kim Jinah?”

“I didn’t even mention her name” Junmyeon smirked.

Luhan got caught red-handed “We went to the same college.” He answered simply, there’s no lie about it anyway.

“I see.”

And Luhan back to his cheeseburger thought that Junmyeon had finished with his little investigation but the he found himself coughed really hard at Junmyeon’s next question.

“Is she your ex?”

But looked at Luhan coughed and his face turned red, Junmyeon knew he already got the answer.

***

Meanwhile, Jinah was back to her new apartment after the short meeting –her work start the next day, considered that she was just moved in to the town.

She was never imagined that she was able to back to this town where she spent her favorite years at her favorite college with her favorite person. All the memories was still clear, too clear for her vision that she thought that she was just imagining things until she felt a mental slap waking her up.

She never thought that when she made the decision to agree on her boss’ order to help one of the company’s branch will bring her to this town, to meet that person, again.

Was fate really wanted them to reunite?

***

The first period of work on the first day was pretty smooth. Despite the increased heartbeat, everything went well. Jinah was a little bit surprised how well she can managed herself to act normal with Luhan when he explained about their work, their work environment and some other things. She was also amazed at how professional Luhan looked and one thing that she found out that he was no longer the playful Luhan that she knew years ago. He completely changed, even though he still had the habit to rolls up his sleeve but he was like a different person to her which made her to a conclusion that Luhan completely already moved on and it just made her felt stupid with the remaining feelings on her.

“Huh?”

Jinah snapped back to reality when she found out that Luhan was asking her about something.

“I was asking if you want to-“

“Hey guys!” Junmyeon suddenly appeared out of nowhere and automatically rested his arm on Luhan’s shoulder. “Let’s eat lunch!”

Luhan nodded as an agreement.

“Let’s go, Jinah.”

She surprised when she heard her new boss already dropped the formality between them.

Junmyeon flashed a grin. “Luhan’s my friend and that’s make you my friend too, come on.”

Jinah felt weird at the sentence but she just shrugged it off because hey, isn’t it great to be friends with your CEO at the first day of work?

So, the three of them went to a fast food restaurant. The one that famous with their delicious cheeseburger and bubble tea, but for Jinah, that place was only full of her memories with Luhan. She wondered why Junmyeon chose this place, was Luhan introduced it to him? How many people he brought here already? How many girls he shared his favorite bubble tea with?

“I hope you don’t mind we’re eating junkies for lunch.” Junmyeon said with eyes focused on the street, looking for an empty parking spot. “Luhan introduced me to their cheeseburger and I fall in love with it.”

Jinah nodded and silently sighed, one of her questions got an answer.

On the front seat, Luhan laughed a little and looked to the other side at the window.

“Actually, I found him here a while ago, eating lunch all alone like a loner so I decided to join” And the three of them laugh at Junmyeon story.

Another question answered.

“You see that?” Junmyeon pointed at the menu list when the two of them found their sit while Luhan volunteered to line up. He was pointing at the hazelnut chocolate bubbletea –Luhan’s favourite. “He never let me try it, like, never!”

“Really?” She asked even though she already knew that Luhan won’t ever share his favourite things with other people, except her. “It’s delicious, you should try that.”

Junmyeon raised an eyebrow. “Really? Luhan said you guys went to the same college, did you guys came here often? Did he-“

“Lunch’s ready!”

Jinah mentally sighed when Luhan came to the rescue from Junmyeon interrogating questions. It seemed like Junmyeon knew a lot of things about Luhan. But at least she relieved knew the fact that Luhan didn’t brought any girl to their favorite place to eat and not shared any of their precious moments there with another girl. Junmyeon is okay, as long as it’s not a girl.

---

Sorry for the grammar error or typos,

hope you enjoy this story and don't forget to leave a comment! :)