O N E

Law of Attraction

 

 

 

“Not again.” Jin mumbles to himself while attempting to stack on more pasta onto his already full plate. Even after a year of living alone, he still struggles with food portion. It was a habit to cook more than needed to accommodate seven champion eaters including himself. 

 

Yet, despite these bitty inconveniences, life now is a living dream.

 

He never thought that escaping the tight watch of his manager and sometimes bothersome Bangtan members was possible. He is grateful to wake up every morning to his Mario collectibles safe from Namjoon knocking them over time and again. It feels great to have his own personal fridge so that it will never be loaded beyond capacity with Taehyungs snacks. Most of all, he is ecstatic that he no longer has to clean up after the members though he does wonder about the mess they create at times. He got to admit that he misses s from time to time.

 

Just then, the buzzing from his vibrating phone drew him away from his meal. It was a kakao message from his manager Hobeom.

 

 

   "Jin-ah, do you have time? Let's talk over coffee."

 

 

That wouldnt be good news.  Jin thought to himself.  He almost never takes people out for coffee.

 

The Hobeom that Jin knows is usually sloppy in maintaining relationships. This is why being a manager is a perfect job for him since he is mostly fending off fangirls and people.

 

After a couple of text exchange, they have decided to meet at a coffee place just a few blocks away from where he lives. It may not be the best place for a good cup of coffee but Jin appreciates the serenity the small coffee house has to offer. Its a mystery how it is surviving till now since he hardly sees patrons around. But that also means lesser chance of being spotted by fans and that he gets his much-needed privacy.

 
 
 
 
♦        ♦        
 
 
 
Jin took careful sips of his warm latte while waiting for his manager to arrive. He figured that Hobeom must be busy with work since the company is debuting a new group soon. After the success of Bangtan, the staff at Bighit are working extremely hard to produce the next big star to succeed them. 
 
 
Not too long later, Jin spots a familiar figure entering the coffee shop.
 
 
 
“Sorry that I’m late.”  Hobeom said while settling himself down. “I was caught up with stuff at the company. Here, I got you some of your favourite snacks from the convenience store.”
 
 
Jin furrows his brows, puzzled by Hobeom’s sudden kindness while he receives the black plastic bag.
 
 
“So... What is this favour you have to ask of me?” Jin quizzed.
 
 
“Well...” Hobeom said with a embarrassed smile, “You see... There’s this trainee who kind of has nowhere to go... And you are kind of living in a huge apartment alone...”
 
 
Jin in a huge breath, bracing himself for whatever coming next. He knew Hobeom was up to no good.
 
 
“So I was thinking that maybe... you could kindly... take this trainee in...”
 
 
“No.” Jin answered firmly. “It’s not happening.”
 
 
Hobeom wasn’t even surprised. He already seen that coming.
 
 
“Don’t you dare forget all the grace you received when you were allowed to leave the dorm, Kim Seok Jin.” Hobeom hissed in a low, threatening voice. 
 
 
“Do you remember how hard I fought to persuade the higher-ups to let you live on your own? We must always live with a grateful heart, Jin...” It was clever of Hobeom to leverage on Jin’s soft-heartedness.
 
 
“And whenever you snuck out from the dormitory I always kept it a secret for you. Have you forgotten all of it?”
 
 
Jin sighed. It was pricking at his conscience. He could sympathize with the trainees having been one himself. He knew the kind of hardships these trainees had to go through – measly pay, practicing till late, living in a tiny space together with many others and the company barely feeds them enough food.
 
 
“For how long?” Jin surrenders. 
 
 
Hobeom’s face instantly lit up at his words. “It’s just for a short while until we find a suitable place.” 
 
 
“And until we get the approval for a new dorm room from the finance department. You already know how hard it is to get the company to take out money from it’s own pocket. It’s like a blackhole. Money gets in and never gets out...”
 
 
“Anyway, thanks Jin! I knew I could count on you.” Hobeom held his hand out for a brief handshake and flashed a grin. Jin has no idea why but he didn’t like the way he smiled. It was the kind of smile you see on those evil villians on TV whenever they accomplished a bad deed.
 
 
“I haven’t exactly agreed to it...” Jin could barely finish his sentence before Hobeom butts in.
 
 
“Don’t worry. I will text her your address.” Hobeom interrupts.
 
 
“Wait. Did you just say ‘her’?”  For a second, Jin thought that he had heard wrongly.
 
 
“She will be moving in tomorrow. It will take around 2 hours by plane from China and an hour from Incheon Airport to your place so she’ll arrive at noon.”  Hobeom hurriedly finishes what is left of his coffee. 
 
 
“I have to rush back to the company now. They need me urgently.”  Hobeom grabbed his belongings and made a quick run for the exit.  “Let’s catch up another time!”
 
 
Jin’s manager was already at the door before his face could turn blue. Jin was beyond stupefied. It was only till moments later, he finally made sense of the situation.
 
 
If only God could hear his prayers...
 
 
 
 
 
“What the hell just happened?!” 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

H E L L O   E V E R Y O N E !  (*^▽^)/ 

Your friendly author here speaking! How was the first chapter? I apologize if it’s boring cause it’s been years since I last written something. Plus, I’m a er for all things of the fantasy genre (vampires, goblins, flying cars) so it’s hard for me to write something close to reality like this. >< But...! I’ll try my hardest for Jinxiao cause I can't just sit around and let this cute couple go unnoticed! They were just too cute on Law of the Jungle ۹(*≧∀≦*)۶ WHERE ALL MY FELLOW JINXIAO SHIPPERS AT?! If you haven’t, go watch! I promise you’ll never regret it.

 
Thank you all my readers and subscribers! (⺣◡⺣)♡ Do leave me lots of comments, it really makes me happy to see them. Doesn’t have to be about the story cause I would love to spazz about Jinxiao with all you awesome people! *tries hard to repress my inner crazy fangirl* That's all for now. I'll leave you guys with some gifs from Law of the Jungle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just look at this pair of partners in crime... How cute!!
| Image credit to respective owners |
 
See you guys around! (▰∀◕)ノ