Partners I

Par Excellence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon heaved a heavy sigh, Jaesuk had suggested the mentors to take their rookies on a brief tour of the Headquarters. Some of her colleagues had decided to team up to show their students a ‘Grand Tour’. Remembering how their tallest prankster Sooyoung had proudly declared. And the tanned woman’s best friend, the agency’s representative ‘Goddess’ – better known as Sooyoung’s worst enabler – Yoona, who enthusiastically nodded in agreement as the two of them set off with their newly appointed sidekicks.

They were walking through the halls that led to various practice rooms now. The Headquarters’ interior donned an overall sterile look, with white metal plates making up majority of the walls. Taeyeon concluded that place somehow resembled a cross between a high-tech space ship and a hospital to her.

The oldest of the aces sent the younger girl beside her a sideward glance, annoyed. “I remember specifically telling you this morning to not make a scene, Dahyun.” Taeyeon ran a hand through her dark brown locks and grimaced when her sister sent her one of her signature cheesy grin.

It still amazes her sometimes how she and her sister could not be more different in personality. The red haired loved to be social, the kind of person who would take the first dive into breaking the ice with some refreshing remark or genuinely funny joke.

Dahyun was the type to make friends everywhere and anywhere, offering her friendship to any living soul unconditionally. This fact truly worries Taeyeon sometimes, fearing that her baby sister might hit it off with the wrong crowd, or worse, be used or heart broken. The youngest of the Kim also lived off attention, and whilst her outgaining nature proves to be very charming and gets her exactly that. To Taeyeon, it was sometimes seen as burdensome and a great big pain in the , as Dahyun found great amusement in dragging her older sibling along into the spotlight.

This of course did not sit well at all with her older sister. Taeyeon was, essentially the complete polar opposites of the bubbly red head when it came to socializing. Long story short, the older Kim possessed – or rather lacked – a sufficient amount of social skills. Not that it fazed Taeyeon much as she much rather spend her free time staying at home chilling with a cup of hot tea and a book of some sort – presumably a comic book – with her dog or Tiffany snuggly on top of her lap.

“But weren’t you glad I was your partner unnie?” Dahyun chuckled, she knew she had successfully won the short argument from Taeyeon’s caught off guard expression.

Taeyeon was indeed, unconsciously grateful that the partner she got assigned to was her sister. This meant that she would not have to suffer through the anxiety of getting to know a whole new person, and solider through basic conversation starters and the occasional awkward silences. To this she smiled and answered.

“I was.”

 

 

Jessica rolled her eyes for the nth time after arriving at the Headquarters’ packed cafeteria. She had, since then, made herself comfortable sitting in one of the many booths alone with a cup of strong, black coffee as the woman waited for her partner to join her.

“They sure are taking their fair damn time.” Jessica muttered sourly to herself, taking a sip of her coffee, the blonde cringed at the bitter taste and laughed dryly to herself at the irony of her drink and her feelings right now.

They had made their way towards the cafeteria at the very start, as the first stop of Jessica’s ‘Grand Tour’, when they heard loud stomping footsteps approaching. Being used to all the attention and countless fanboys, and fangirls alike swooning over the charismatic ‘Ice Princess’ Jessica stopped in her tracks holding up a hand in the process with a mandatory sigh, “I know, sorry I can’t have lunch with any of you today as I am showing my new student arou-“.

A high-pitched squeal interrupted her, however, when the Ice Princess turned towards the source of her interruption with every intent to freeze them with a glare she was oh-so-rudely pushed aside as more people crowded around the fresh face – her partner, Jeongyeon.

Another wave of annoyance washed over Jessica as she recalled the humiliating events that unfolded earlier. Her student/ partner/ sidekick was still getting bombarded with questions and stupid, shiny heart eyes. Taking another look at the younger girl, Jessica guessed she couldn’t blame her. Her partner was the embodiment of the idea; ‘gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter