Unfair Love (I.M)

A Day at the Amusement Park

Changkyun walks aimlessly around the amusement park, kicking around a rock every so often. He watches as the people around him play around with each other in the short lines for rides and food, reminding him of how it is to be around the others. He plays with the idea of finding one of the pairs, but thinks better of it. Even though he knows none of them would mind him tagging along on their impromptu dates, he didn’t exactly cherish the idea of being the third wheel.

He sighs, wondering why Starship had wanted seven members to debut instead of eight. Maybe, if there were eight, there’d be someone for him to be infatuated with, as well. Of course, there was no guarantee he’d be as close with that eighth member as he was with the other six. Changkyun is happy for his hyungs’ happiness, really, and it isn’t as if he’s desperate for true love, but it’s at times like this he’s regretful that he couldn’t find that special companion to fill every second of his day with.

He ends up finding an empty bench and sitting on it, staring off into space as he becomes lost in his own thoughts.

His mind wanders back to when he first met the others. They had hated him back then, seeing him as just another challenge they had to overcome in order to debut with their friends. He remembers all the solo interview done in that episode of No Mercy, how all of them had said plainly how they didn’t want to get to know him, how they’d just ignore him as they pleasantly coexist. But, thankfully, soon enough they warmed up to him and took him in as one of their own. It was almost as if he hadn’t have come into their family as he had, as if he had been with them all along.

Changkyun sighs, shaking his head as he stands from his seat. He can’t let himself think too much about those things. If he does, he’ll become extremely downtrodden. The others would notice and pester him until he told them what’s bothering him, and they’d feel incredibly guilty about it all. They try to make up for how they treated him in the beginning by showering him with love and affection and spoiling him rotten, which he doesn’t really mind, but he hated them feeling bad about it all. It was how they felt at the time, and they’re all a proper family now, so there was no need to still be guilty over it.

The maknae changes his mind, deciding to go find the parents of the group. Out of all of them, Kihyun would mind the least about him tagging along, and Hyunwoo would easily go along with it.

He turns on his heel to go look for his hyungs as he leaves the bench and his depressing thoughts behind.