Mistake

Mysticai Oneshots [Requests Accepted]

Title: Mistake     
Alternative title: I’m sorry that I misunderstood you.
Genre: Angst
Pairings: Tiffany and Chansung (Siblings), HaeFany (Married), Kaistal (Married)

Quote:      “ Never take Advantage of what you have right in front of you,

                                  Because it could all be lost in a second…..”

  


 

 

Two heavy shopping bags in one hand and her six year old daughter in the other, Tiffany walked slowly down the street making her way back to her apartment. The little girl beside her skipped happily glancing at her mother once in a while. Tiffany smiled brightly at her beautiful daughter, the most important person in her whole life right now, well and of course her husband too.

“Eomma, when is Appa coming home?” Tiffany’s daughter Miyoung asked like she usually did every day. Miyoung loved her father dearly and couldn’t wait for him to come home each day. Tiffany wasn’t jealous but sometimes she would feel a little left out.

“Miyoung-ah, Appa’s coming home soon, Ok? We need to get home first though silly girl.” Tiffany replied as she released her hold of her daughter and patted her on the head gently.  Miyoung pouted cheekily and then continued skipping happily all the way home with her tiny hands clasped in Tiffanys.

As they approached their apartment, Tiffany noticed that the door was opened. She knew instantly that it was her brother, Hwang Chansung. A swift of alcohol escaped from the gap of the door and Tiffany immediately knew that he was drunk… again.

Knowing that something bad might happen, she kneeled down to face her daughter and said to her gently. “Miyoung-ah, is it ok for you to stay next door and play with Yoogeun for a while?”

Miyoung’s face brightened and suddenly wrapped her tiny arms around her mother blubbering out a whole lot of ‘thank yous’ making Tiffany giggle happily.

“Now, now Miyoung, calm down and you can stop hugging me now, otherwise we won’t be going anywhere.” Tiffany said making the little girl immediately loosen her grip and bowing her head like an embarrassed little rabbit.

Tiffany took her daughter’s tiny hands in hers and led her to their neighbours. She pressed the doorbell twice and waited patiently. The door opened and revealed a tall, slim and handsome man.

“Ah! Tiffany noona.”

“Hello, Jongin-ah. Is Krystal and Yoogeun there?” Tiffany asked.

“Yep, we’re all at home. Do you need anything?” The young gentleman asked with a charismatic smile.

“Well.” Tiffany said looking at her daughter. “Would you guys be able to look after my Miyoung for a while? I have some things to do.”

Jongin looked down and saw the small, beaming girl and smiled. “Sure thing. Our Yoogeun had wanted to play with Miyoung too. Come on in, Miyoung-ah.” Jongin said opening the door wider allowing the little girl in. Miyoung ran in excitedly forgetting about her mother completely.

Tiffany giggled. “That little girl. Anyways Gamowo, Jongin.”

“It’s alright, it’s my pleasure to help you.” Jongin replied.

“Thank you again. See you later then.” Tiffany said and bowed .

“Arasso. Bye!” Jongin said and closed the door leaving Tiffany alone to face the problem that she didn’t want to face.

 

Tiffany walks slowly back to her apartment, her legs drowsy and complaining. She dread the moment for her to go in and face her drunken brother. She knew how bad his temper is when he’s in such a state, but she has to deal with it, it was her brother after all.

Tiffany pushes the door open, walks in and closes the door gently. Locking it, she turns around and leans on the door for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and walks into the living room. The smell of alcohol has filled the whole apartment, but to Tiffany that smell was already a part of her normal life, since Chansung drank quite regularly. He was always sent to her when he gets drunk, as he doesn’t want his parents to see him in such a state.

Tiffany places her bag down on the bench and sat herself down on the sofa. Six empty beer bottles were placed on the messy coffee table. A half-conscious Chansung laid on the sofa speaking gibberish to himself.

“Oh, hey Noona! You’re home hey!?” Chansung greets Tiffany with a dodgy tone.

Tiffany sighs and asks the usual thing that she would ask. “Why did you drink again, Chansung? How many times do I have to tell you that drinking is bad for you? Our parents would be so shocked and disappointed in you if they found out. You know how proud they are of you; do you want to wreck your image in their innocent hearts?”

“Noona, you know that if you don’t tell our parents, they’re never going to know? So I’ve got nothing to worry about.” Chansung replies taking another sip of his seventh bottle of beer.

“How do you know that I’m never going to tell? I need to stop you from being such a useless person! Our parents are still under the impression that you have a very good job and pay and a great life, but in reality, you’re homeless, unemployed and living like a whole piece of crap! Why can’t you wake up to reality, and start changing your life into a better one!” Tiffany half-shouted. She couldn’t stand her brother anymore. He used to be such an outstanding person with excellent grades, amazing singing skills and someone that would live his life to the fullest. But now? After that heartbreaking break up that he went through, he fell to the bottom of the pit and started acting like he didn’t care about anything. He lost his job, his apartment, his girlfriend, his everything. Tiffany couldn’t bear seeing her beloved sibling like this anymore; she had to do something, anything to help him get back to his usual self.

“How can you say that to me? I’m not living a crap life! This is what my life is supposed to be! It’s fun! Its way more relaxing then my previous life, plus I can play with girls. Those useless and evil liars!” Chansung yells back.

“Chansung! What are you saying? How can you say that? You know it wasn’t absolutely her fault for your break up! You have your faults too!”

“Ahhhh, it’s because you’re also a girl right? That’s why you’re standing on my stupid EX-girlfriend’s side instead of your own dongsaengs! What an irresponsible and selfish noona!” Chansung rebutts.

Tiffany couldn’t believe her ears. She had many fights with Chansung when he was drunk, but none was ever this serious. The rush of adrenalin quickens her breathing and she could feel that she was on the edge of exploding. 

“How can you say those words to your own noona!” 

“I just can! And also, you know how hurt I was during my break up, but you didn’t even care!?” 

“How didn’t I care? I came to you and tried to comfort you! I tried to talk you out of your own negative shell! I looked after you for a week or so and asked you roommate frequently how you were going!”

“Totally.” Chansung replies sarcastically. He stands up and struts to the display cabinet, pulling out a shiny and delicate figurine. He holds it in his hands and starts to wave it around crazily.

Tiffany’s heart skips a beat when she saw what her own dongsaeng had in his hands. It was that figurine. It was the most important thing to her husband, Donghae. That figurine of a boy and a girl holding hands was from Donghae’s own mother who has left the world trying to protect Donghae. Donghae has kept it by his side since forever, and has always prayed to it every night.

“Chansung! What are you doing!? Place that down. Now!” Tiffany yells out loud. She didn’t know what she is going to do if her dongsaeng ends up breaking it. Her heart felt like it was hanging in mid-air afraid of every single second that is passing by.

“Now, now my dear noona. Just Why in the world do you care so much about Donghae? He’s not even blood-related! You love him so much don’t you! Even more than your own family!” Chansung yells out with tears circling madly in his eyes.

“He is family! For goodness sakes Chansung we’re married! We’re family! Just why can’t you accept that fact. Also what in the world did he do to you to make you so angry at him!?” Tiffany yells back with her tears also filled to the brim of her eyes.

“He took you away from me! Away from us! Me and your own parents! You hardly ever visit us anymore! Even if you do, he comes along and you two will act all lovey dovey in front of me! You know how hurt I was when I broke up, and that horrible memory is still with me, acting lovey dovey in front of me just makes it worse! I hate him, hate him for changing you into a cold creature to your own family!” Chansung finally blurts out and brought his two arms up into the air with the precious figurine, throwing it down hard on to the cold concrete floor. The figurine crashes and break into a million of pieces.

“Chansung! What is wrong with you! How could you do this!! Stop this nonsense right now!” Tiffany screams out with tears streaming down her face uncontrollably. Her legs gives up and she falls onto the cold floor helplessly sobbing her heart out. She crawls to where Chansung was and starts to pick the broken pieces up in her hands, trying desperately to put them back together. She knew that this figurine is everything to Donghae and no she definitely did not want to see him hurt.

Chansung just stood there panting with a tear strolling down his cheek. He is still partly drunk but is conscious enough to know what he had done. He himself is dumfounded at what he had done. The sound of the figurine crashing on to the floor has certainly woken him up from his uncontrollably terrifying tantrum. 

He stood there and watches his broken sister on the floor sobbing like the figurine was everything to her, but no it wasn’t. It was everything to Donghae not her. Seeing her sister broken like this just because of her love for Donghae, Chansung started to boil again. His anger rose and even though he was conscious, he still couldn’t control himself completely.

He pulles Tiffany’s shirt a little and pushes her away roughly from the leftovers of the figurine. He still couldn’t believe how stubborn and stupid her sister had been. If only she had just been a tad bit more caring and had noticed him a bit more, all of this wouldn’t have happened. It’s all her fault, why couldn’t she just share a bit of love for me and her parents? I know she’s married but just why can’t she still be like the Miyoung she was before? Why did she change with her name?

Tiffany cries even harder as she felt a hard push. She felt her arm scrape against something real hard and pain started stabbing her arm, but she was sobbing too hard to even notice it.

“What is wrong with you! Hold yourself up! It’s not worth crying a storm for something so small like this!” Chansung yelled as he had nothing else to say. He was trying to help her, but he didn’t know the right way to show it. His brain was still so full of anger and jealousy that he couldn’t think straight.

Tiffany didn’t reply as her tears continued to run down her face. She isn’t only crying about the figurine, but also about how Chansung had behaved, and how he pointed out how she was so oblivious about what her own brother was feeling. She felt guilty of neglecting her own brother after she tied a knot to her own happiness. She didn’t even think about Chansung at all, or his happiness. She didn’t even realise when Chansung first had became this useless person who drank and played all day, it was her friend Krystal who had told her about his state., Guilt filled her heart and tears just spilled out like a tap that couldn’t be closed.

But to Chansung, he thought it was all just because of Donghae’s stupid figurine. He couldn’t take it anymore and stomps out of the house in anger. He knew if he stayed any longer he couldn’t guarantee that his sister would stay untouched.

Tiffany stays on the floor, her tears slowly drying out. She poured out all her emotions that she had kept in a bottle for so long. She had hated the way Chansung had lived his life lately and his attitude towards her, but now the reason had been revealed. It was all because of her….

Her mind was blank and she didn’t know how long she stayed on the floor like that. Until a loud shout woke her up.

“What is this! How did this happen. EXPLAIN! TELL ME RIGHT NOW!”

Tiffany lifts her head up and saw a fuming Donghae. At first she was wondering why he was so angry, then she remembered…. the figurine.

“Tiffany did you do this?!” Donghae yells causing Tiffany to shake in fear. Donghae has always been a really caring and gentle man who loves Tiffany wholeheartedly. But if he gets angry, it would be as if a thunderstorm had struck. Even more frightening than Chansung’s tantrums, Tiffany knew that and to be truthful she was afraid. He hardly ever got angry, only once, when his mother went to heaven.

Tiffany didn’t want his husband to start a fight with her own brother so she just nods admitting that it was her fault.

Tiffany felt her husband kneel down, picking the pieces up carefully, trying his best to put them back in place. She could feel the anger evaporating from his body. She suddenly felt his gaze on her and Tiffany looks up to face him. She met his eyes and her heart suddenly felt tiny, his eyes shot daggers at her, so hateful and horrifying that even Tiffany, a strong and brave girl is scared to her wits.

“I can’t believe you Tiffany. I don’t care if this is an accident or not. You know how precious this is to me. You should have been extra careful. Let’s get divorced.” Donghae said in a calm voice which surprised Tiffany, but what he said shook her. Even though she knew that the breaking of the figurine must have been a strong attack to Donghae’s heart, but it wasn’t that serious was it? Was this really worth it to break up this happy family that they have right now?

Donghae stands up and is about to leave when Tiffany yells out. “What about Miyoung!? Yyou can’t just do this without thinking about the consequences!”

“Then why didn’t you think about the consequences when you broke that.” Donghae replies in such a cold voice that it scared Tiffany even more.

Donghae walked out of the house and slams the door just like what Chansung had done a few hours ago.

Tiffany didn’t know what to do, but her own tap opens again and tears started to flow non-stop. She stands up this time and walked aimlessly out of her empty apartment.

 

---

“Jongin-ah, you really sure Tiffany is ok? You know all that noise. The first time you said it was ok, but again?” Krystal asked her husband with a worried tone.

“You want me to check on her yeobeo?” Jongin asked raising an eyebrow at his lovely wife.

“Yes.’ Krystal replied nodding her head.

“Arasso. I’ll go now.” Jongin said and took off his apron before making his way to the door.

“Look over the stove for a few minutes ok Krystal?” 

“Arasso.” Krystal replied.

“I’ll be back soon.” Jongin said and stepped out of his apartment.

As soon as he did, he saw Tiffany stepping out of hers too.

“Tiffany Noona.” Jongin called out.

Tiffany heard someone calling her and immediately she starts to wipe her eyes trying to erase the evidence of her crying.

‘Where are you going? Are you ok? You know all that noise.” Jongin asked.

“Gwenchana. Jinja.” Tiffany replied with her back facing him. “I just need some alone time. Thanks for asking though. I need to go. Bye,” Tiffany said and set off aimlessly again.

Jongin stood there confused and dazed as he watched Tiffany’s drowsy backside disappear from his sight. Is she really Ok? She doesn’t look Ok. But I know her, she’s a strong girl. She’ll be fine. He thought and went back into his apartment to report what he had seen to Krystal.

---

How could she do this? Just how could she? She knows how much I love her. Just how?

Donghae had his hands tightly wrapped around the steering wheel due to his anger that still hasn’t faded. He felt his brain throbbing due to the rush of things that had happened in such a short period of time. He had never even imagined of what he would do tp the person who broke the figurine if it ever broke. But he had never thought that he would’ve said the word ‘divorce’ to his own wife just because of that. Was he too harsh? Tiffany must be in so much pain right now. I shouldn’t have just left her like that. Maybe staying at home would have been better.

Donghae shook those thoughts away and just kept driving, to nowhere in particular. He didn’t want to think about anything, he just wanted to drive on and on and maybe the pain of losing that figurine would drift away and he would deal with his lover later.

He took out his phone and plugged in his earphone. He had one hand on the steering wheel and one on his phone. Scrolling down the list of songs. He frowned, it was all Tiffany’s favourites. There was hardly any of his. He furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. He pulled the earphones out of his ears and threw the phone to the passenger seat.

Just then the phone rang. Donghae cursed as the phone was behind him. He took a glance on the road. It was completely clear. He quickly unbuckled, turned around to reach out for his phone. As soon as he got his phone, he turned around and put his seatbelt back on again. During the whole process he didn’t take a single look on the road, causing him not to realise that there was a girl crossing the road….

As soon as the seatbelt “clicked.” Donghae looked up, back at the road. The sight shocked him, there was a girl with wavy hair just about 50m in front of him. He immediately hit the middle of the steering wheel and stepped on the brake pedal as hard as he could. He closed his eyes hoping with all his heart that nothing horrible will happen.

Before he could do anything. He felt a small bump and the car shook, he knew instantly that he was in trouble.

“F***” He swore out loud. Can this day get any worse.

He opened the door and got out of the car to take a look at who the girl was and if she was Ok. Hopefully she would be ok, though the hit was pretty hard.

---

Tiffany continued walking aimlessly not knowing what to do. The word divorce kept swirling in her head and she didn’t know what to think of it. Was he being serious? Or did he just say it out of anger? I don’t even know anymore….. How could all this happen to me within one day?

The wind blew roughly at Tiffany making her shudder in her thin tank and short shorts. It was as if the whole world was acting against her today.  Tiffany continued walking . To a passerby, she looked so dim and bleak it was as if she was soulless.

Tiffany was so out of the world that she didn’t even realise she had stepped out of the pathway and onto the busy highway road. She kept walking aimlessly until a huge sound surprised her; she turned around and only saw a familiar speeding car heading towards her. Before she could do anything, a bright stream of light blinded her and she felt a huge hit against her right waist. The last thing she saw was the beautiful blue sky before she fell unconscious.

---

As soon as Donghae saw the lifeless figure on the floor, a pang of familiarity hit him. No it can’t be…. It’s not her… it can’t be…

Donghae ran to the girl with his heart beating fast. He held the girl up and allowed her head to rest against him. Even the feel of her waist is so familiar…. Donghae quickly cleared the girl’s wavy hair away revealing her cut and hurt face.

It’s her………………. Oh my dear god. Just what in the world have I done now? I have hurt the one that I love the most in this world.

“Tiff…Tiffany. Mi…. Miyoung-ah.” Donghae slowly blurted out. He still couldn’t believe the sight that was in front of him. The love of his life was lying here in his arms. Cut. Hurt. Blood all over, all because of him. She must have been so hurt and dazed that she was just wondering around like a lifeless girl, and that was how she just walked right into the middle of the road……. Even if I didn’t hit her….. she would have gotten hit by someone else……… and all this happened because of me…

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and Donghae felt a tug on his hand. “Tiffany!” Donghae yelled out. “Gwenchana. Oh Tiffany. Mianhae. I’m sorry, I’m truly sorry, I really am … Please Tiffany. Keep Strong. Don’t leave me!”

“Mi..mianhae. Donghae…. My love… I really do love you. I’m so…rr..y too.   Just If I don’t….. ma..ke… it. Tell…. Chansung that I had always looked……. after him….. and…. That I am sorry that I didn’t’ notice I had made him feel so neglected….. Though…. I had earned enough money and bought him a small place for him to …. *cough* start his own nursery, what he had always wanted…. The land, house certificate and the keys are in my closet at home. “

“You won’t leave Tiffany! I won’t let you! I’m sorry!” Donghae yelled as tears started to drop from his face and onto Tiffany’s, washing away the blood stains on her beautiful face. Donghae quickly picked Tiffany up and placed her in his car before driving extremely fast to the hospital.

“Hae….. *cough* don’t drive that fast…. I know I can’t make it…… I don’t want you to hurt yourself……. Saranghae Donghae.” Tiffany said. Using her last bit of strength, she leant over to where Donghae was and planted a small kiss on his sweet and petite lips. Then she closed her eyes forever with a smile.

Donghae looked to his side and knew that his love had left him forever.

“Tiffany! Miyoung!! NOOO!!” Donghae screamed and bawled out crying. His tears blinding him. He took Tiffany’s cold and weak hands in his and he turned his car around…

He stopped the car and texted everything that Miyoung had said to Chansung, then he headed to the beach….

As he reached the beach, he kissed Tiffany’s hand gently and whispered. “Tiffany-ah…. Saranghae… I’ll see you soon. Eomma…. I’ll be able to reunite with you again… soon.” Closing his eyes, a tear trickled down his face and he stepped hard on the accelerator and headed towards the cliff…

The car flew straight out and sank right down into the ocean. The two sank down with the car hand in hand. Donghae felt himself getting drowsy and used his last breath underwater. “Saranghae.”

---

5 years later. Cemetery.

Chansung walked slowly to that certain place that he had been to so many times. He placed the two bouquets of flowers down.

“Tiffany noona and Donghae hyung, are you two going fine up there in heaven? I’m so sorry…. Just because of such a simple mistake I made…. It led to all of this tragedy that didn’t need to happen. Just because of this mistake, I lost two of the most precious people I treasure. You guys left so young, when you could have had a much better life. Miyoung is going really well in school and she has been making a ton of friends; she is under Krystal and Jongin's care. They really do treat her as family, I visit them often. Donghae hyung I’m sincerely sorry and I hope you take care of my dear sister up there well. Wish you two all the best. I love you noona. I love you and I’m sorry. I’ll leave you two then. I’ll visit you soon. Sorry for making such a horrid mistake.. I hope that you two will be happy together forever.” Chansung said.

He took a last look at the pictures of the two most beautiful people he had known in the world,  before leaving the cemetery.


Hello! My  it’s actually my first oneshot that I had written a while ago and I accidentally deleted it, so I’ve edited it and decided  to reupload it .

So I'll just leave this as the first oneshot to start off this oneshot gallery :)

Please comment and subscribe, and also request for pairings too!

Thanks!

Helen xx