BACK & FORTH

This Moment Too Will Pass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

03  THE THIRD CHAPTER  |  BACK & FORTH

 

Amongst the ruckus of the classroom, I idly waited for class to start. However, I found my attention drawn outside the window, towards the feathery clouds that littered the sky. The way that the delicate whites naturally mixed in, with the soft blue canvas of the sky intrigued me deeply. The sky was beautiful as it always was. It is often that we’re too busy and consumed in our lives, to stop and admire the beauty of the world that we live in.  I for one always stopped.

 

 

“Dahyun, are you day dreaming again?” Chaeyoung asked, disturbing my peace.

 

“No, just appreciating the sky.” I answered, as my eyes lingered for a moments longer tracing one last outline.

 

“Well, it is really blue today.” She observed, as she started to draw on my hand.

 

The class fell silent, as the teacher finally entered the room.

 

“Class, we have a new student joining today. Her name is Sana Minatozaki, she’s only recently arrived from Japan, and so she may need a little extra help.” Ms. Choi revealed cheerfully.

 

“Oh great, another a new student.” I groaned a little too loudly, whilst Chaeyoung continued to absentmindedly draw on me.

 

“Since you’re so enthusiastic, why don’t you help her out the next few weeks Dahyun.” Ms. Choi announced with her classic teacher-like smile.

 

“What, no. I don’t want to.” I unintentionally blurted out, which caused the class to roar in laughter.

 

“Excuse me?” Ms. Choi said, as she pierced me with a stern look.

 

“Fine. I mean yes, I’d love to.” I answered through clenched teeth.

 

“Wonderful. Sana, why don’t you sit in the empty seat near Dahyun, and if you have any questions feel free to ask her or myself.” Ms. Choi advised.

 

What rotten luck I had. The school year had barely started, and I was already stuck with a new student.

 

“Hi I’m Sana Minatozaki.” She eagerly introduced, as she sat beside me.

 

“I know, the teacher just said that.” I said in a mildly annoyed tone.

 

“Don’t worry about her, she’s not a morning person. I’m Chaeyoung.” Chaeyoung interjected, as she offered her hand for a handshake.

 

“Stop, what are you doing.” I muttered under my breath, as I kicked her foot underneath the table.

 

“Making friends.” She teased, as she stuck out her tongue at me.

 

“Great, fantastic. Let’s all become friends.” I sarcastically cheered.

 

“Aren’t you cold Sana, why aren’t you wearing a jacket?” Chaeyoung asked, completely ignoring my sarcastic comment, as per usual. She was always the nicer one, out of the two of us.

 

“Oh, I was in a rush this morning and spilt my breakfast on it. So its in the wash.” She embarrassedly answered.

 

I couldn’t help but scoff at the girl’s clumsiness. 

 

“Do you want to borrow mine?” Chaeyoung offered, as she quickly frowned at me.

 

“Chaeyoung keep yours on. Here take mine.” I interrupted, as I swiftly removed my jacket.

 

“You sure?” Sana asked worriedly, as she tried to read my stiffened expression.

 

“Well I’ve already taken it off now.” I said bluntly, as I draped the jacket around her shoulders.

 

 

The class continued predictably painful in the same manner, as Sana constantly bothered me. Throughout the lesson she turned to me with all her ridiculous questions, and boring commentary, that honestly riled my tolerance. She was probably under the misconception that we were friends. I was definitely not her friend, and my patience was dwindling fast. For the duration, I had managed to orchestrate quite a solid facade of friendliness, however when she tapped me on shoulder, I snapped.

 

“You do realize you can ask the teacher?” I said bitterly.

 

“I just thought this way, would be easier.” Sana said apologetically, as she silently lowered her head.

 

“Easier for who, not me, that’s for sure.” I muttered indistinctively to myself.

 

“Be nice.” Chaeyoung warned from beside me.

 

“I don’t like new people.” I grumbled.

 

“You liked Nayeon.” She countered, whilst smirking.

 

All I could do was sigh deeply, and play along as Chaeyoung had instructed.

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

It was finally break. I was finally free from Sana, and I could at last see Nayeon. I definitely needed a boost in spirit, as I felt completely drained from the entire experience of basically baby-sitting the new student. Note to self, if you're going to complain in class, make sure the teacher doesn't hear you. With light steps I happily sauntered to the cafeteria to find Nayeon. It was never difficult to find her, she always stood out. As soon as my eyes narrowed onto her smile, my legs reacted quickly following in pursuit for a hug. My hugs were rather unorthodox to be honest, or the way that I approached for a hug was anyway. First, I’d propel myself at a rather fast speed, till the point where I’d collide into her body and set off her balance. And just as she was about to fall, I’d catch her and reel her in. It was much like a tackle. But what I loved most about hugging her, was the holding. When I held her, she held me too, and in her arms, in our close proximity I could feel her heart beat against my chest, if I was really still. The soft thudding of her heart soothed me, as I allowed myself to fall into her embrace. 

 

“Hey.” I joyfully greeted, as I pulled her closer to me.

 

“Hey yourself.” Nayeon laughed, as she tightened her hold.

 

"I was hoping to scare you again." I teased, as I laughed silently. Previously when I ran to hug her from behind, she'd scream in shock and it was the cutest the thing to witness. But nowdays, she had adjusted to my pranks all too well.

 

“I think there’s someone that wants to talk to you.” Nayeon questionably whispered, as she untangled her arms from around me.

 

It was Sana, again.

 

“Are you following me now?” I suspiciously asked.

 

“Oh no, I just wanted to thank you again for lending me your jacket.” Sana replied, as she looked to me with crazy eyes.

 

“Don’t worry about it, it’s just a ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter