Place Your Head On My Beating Heart

I'm Thinking Out Loud, Maybe We Found Love Right Where We Are


The Brick ended up being quite impressive. The interior design consisted of (unsurprisingly) red bricks and dark green leather sofas. Not many people were seated but that made it all the better, more quiet and spacious. In one corner, there was a giant boy who was stood in front of a microphone looking decidedly exhausted. His eyes, however, told another story - passion completely engulfed the depths of his brown eyes and she could see that singing meant something to him.

He made eye-contact with Chanyeol who gave him a wave and quick thumbs up. Nodding firmly to himself and offering a slow smile in return, he began to speak.

"This is a song I wanted to sing to someone who means more to me than I can physically say. So instead of confessing, I thought John Legend would express the words better."

While adjusting the microphone slightly, his gaze moved around the room settling on Kyungsoo's blank face and looking away just as quickly.

What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down...

What's going on in that beautiful mind?

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

His voice wasn't particularly powerful but she heard the emotion and nostalgia in the tone of the song. Who he was confessing to, she didn't know. Logically it could be anyone but she wasn't doubting his feelings for said person, definitely not. She turned to see Chanyeol's beaming face and couldn't help but think, 'was the older girl the object of the tall boy's feelings?'

That was most likely why she looked so elated and good for them, anyone who could find temporary happiness in this miserable world was lucky. They'd make a good-looking couple too, equally tall and both above average in the looks department. Of course, dating (which would obviously come after the inevitable confession of feelings) would result in cheesy romantic trips to the cinema or restaurants where they'd no doubt engage in gushy conversation and express clingy behaviour. Gagging at the thought, she looked back at the performance in an attempt to get back to her imminent surroundings.

But wouldn't dating mean Chanyeol's time would be greatly restricted? That meant all of the extra time that went towards engaging her would now go towards sharing saliva with her giant of a friend...

Without meaning to, a rare smile began to etch across her face. She'd finally achieve peace and quiet in her life, in other words, get back her life to how it had been before the other girl had entered it. This was the best birthday she could have, better than any present or materialistic item. As much as she had nothing against Chanyeol, Kyungsoo would much rather be alone. Especially in music theory lectures where the constant, undying chatter in her ears was annoying and exhausting.

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you

I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh oh

As the song drew to a close, the occupants in the room began to clap and cheer. Meanwhile, excitement was coursing through Kyungsoo's bones, any minute now the boy would call Chanyeol up to the makeshift stage and confess his undying love.

"This is a little cowardly...but-"

This was it, this was the moment. Her breath hitched and she unconsciously leaned in to hear the delivery of the news.

"Zitao, can you come over here please," he asked nervously, looking at a youthful looking man at one corner of the bar whose expression was one of complete shock.

He made his way over to the front where Kris was waiting for him, his steps unsure and jittery. A few of the people around him started cheering him on, including Chanyeol who could be heard above all the whooping.

Kyungsoo drowned out the apparently sweet confession in favour of wallowing in her disappointment. Seconds went by and she was only pulled out of her musings when Chanyeol tapped her on the shoulder and whispered, "He's liked him for ages but didn't have the guts to tell him. I told him he had nothing to worry about but I promised I'd be here for moral support anyway,"

"I see," Kyungsoo muttered. Feeling over this conversation, her one birthday wish couldn't even be granted. If she believed in a deity she'd be mentally complaining right now but instead, she cursed her rotten luck. Why couldn't Kris have fallen for Chanyeol damnit? She had many universally desired qualities going on for her: Hardworking when she tried, an optimistic personality, long but healthy hair, strong shapely thighs (if you liked that sort of thing), straight white teeth, an overwhelming love for animals. Was Kris blind? She didn't know this Zitao personally but that didn't mean Chanyeol wasn't a catch, she was one of the most popular and admired people Kyungsoo knew. And it wasn't like she could go up to him and argue in her favour, it was too late, his heart was already taken.

She turned just in time to see the new couple sharing a tentative kiss that had Chanyeol squealing and clasping her hands together like a proud parent at a wedding ceremony.

Kyungsoo grunted, "let's get out of here. Any more of this and I'll poke my own eyes out."

"We don't want that..." Chanyeol quirked her lips playfully, "how else are you gonna see my beautiful face every day?"

Kyungsoo snorted, "That's the point."

Chanyeol's resulting gasp was ever so satisfying, she couldn't keep the smirk off her face.

"I'll let that slide since we both know the truth. I'm gonna go congratulate Kris and then we can head out."

True, they did know that. Chanyeol was...pretty, with her catchy laugh and wavy hair. It wasn't in her nature to lie. Everyone knew it - ask a slobbering Baekhyun who was a few estrogen pills away from drawing love hearts all over his post-teen diary. The first time they'd met, Kyungsoo's eyes widened for a few seconds and it was only after hearing her booming voice that she was bought out of what could have been potentially embarrassing if it had continued for any longer. Her entire reputation and 'don't with me attitude' would have been burned to the ground if people had noticed her blatant gawking. The only problem was that the taller girl never closed , that killed any attraction on the spot. It wasn't every day that Kyungsoo found someone beautiful, but when she did - they had to be a Sagittarius. The universe hated her.

She quietly waited as the other girl said her goodbyes to her friend. They had a one-armed hug that was all long limbs and elated smiles, Zitao was standing next to the pair with red dusted cheeks that didn't appear to be fading anytime soon. It didn't take long for the embrace to end and for Chanyeol to walk back to the exit where Kyungsoo was stood.

"So...movies next right?" Chanyeol asked, sounding a little breathless but the unmistakable happy gleam in her eyes was clear as daylight.

"That's what you said. I saw the trailer for 'The Bye-Bye Man' and it looks decent. Beats watching ty romantic comedy doesn't it?" Kyungsoo pointed out. Lovey-dovey films were more atrocious than children's cartoons which at least served a purpose in society. It was shocking that they managed to garner such a popular response but she wasn't surprised, half the world were closeted saps. But choosing to spend your money on such garbage seemed like setting yourself up for disappointment, watching others achieve a temporary and concocted state of happiness while you vicariously observed before going back to your own miserable life didn't seem ideal in the least. More like downright masochistic, if anything watching people get killed in gruesome ways was much more satisfying. Much more.

"...yeah. Sure. Let's watch a horror film, and since it's your birthday I'll pay," the offer was given with a half-smile and sparkling eyes. It was, however, too much. Kyungsoo's wallet was just as heavy as hers, and a birthday didn't mean that you were broke.

"I'll pay for the food."

Chanyeol looked over at her, almost as if scanning her face for something. A moment passed and she nodded, "if you insist. But I'll let you in on a truth right now....I have a massive appetite."

Crap. Okay, maybe she lied. She didn't have a wallet as heavy as Chanyeol's, most likely not close to it either. But her godforsaken pride wouldn't allow her to admit to that so she settled for an unimpressed eyebrow raise.

However, the worry must have blatantly shown on her face because Chanyeol giggled joyously and poked her in the rib not to gently with a pointy elbow.

"Don't worry, I'll try not to eat you out of a home," and she looked so thoroughly entertained by her own teasing that Kyungsoo couldn't find it in herself to get annoyed at the jibe at her apparent (but also completely true) state of poorness.

"You better. One box of popcorn and a cup of soda, that's it. We're gonna be there to watch a movie, not feast on calories."

"You make it sound like calories don't taste delicious,"

"If you waste a single popcorn kernel, I'm gonna kill you. Cinema is overpriced and I'm not a billionaire."

"I kinda noticed," Chanyeol said pointedly, staring at Kyungsoo's plain black cotton t-shirt she'd, until this moment that is, proudly worn after an outdoor market sale battle against a barrage of middle aged ladies. Sales like that didn't come around every day so when they did, getting in her way was futile.

Don't blush, she mentally commanded herself in hopes that her cheek cells would understand. Luckily they did but now the silver-haired girl was waggling her eyebrows at her and one incredibly meaningful shove later, they were both on their way to '5high' cinema. Unfortunately, the distance wasn't a walking one, which forced them to wait at a bus stop for a few minutes.

Kyungsoo patted her jeans pocket to double check she bought her bus card with her. She did, thank God. They wouldn't have to walk all the way back to her house just to get it and then back.

After the bus came round the corner, stopped to open its doors for the people and she entered, she noticed one small problem. The bus was packed. Normally, if she was alone she'd get off and wait for another one but Chanyeol had checked the cinema times for their film and they couldn't afford to waste any more time.

This was the reason that, five minutes later, she was standing in the middle of the bus with her face squished against the older girls chest. Well, that and the fact that Chanyeol had given up the seat she'd somehow gotten her hands (read: ) on to an old lady who looked like she was being crushed by the pressure of too many bodies confined into such an enclosed space. As for this embarrassing and very uncomfortable situation, there were plenty of people she was cursing out in her head: the bus driver, for allowing all these people in at once, shouldn't there be a point where he realised that this overpopulation was reaching hazardous levels? It should be something learnt during bus driver training or something. Next was unquestionably Chanyeol for being far too kind. If she'd been seated Kyungsoo wouldn't be in this inconvenient position right now. And lastly, herself. If she wasn't so vexingly short she wouldn't be the perfect height to be cushioned by the long-limbed girl's s.

Attempting to turn around didn't help, the high schooler on the other side of her had incredibly bad breath and she didn't want to take her chances and face an untimely death on her birthday. Meanwhile, Chanyeol's breath smelt strongly of peppermint and her shirt had a nice lavender scent that kept wafting into her nose and diverting her thought process. It seemed like the sayings were true, lavender really was calming.

They couldn't exactly have a conversation with the angles they were both working with, so Kyungsoo kept shut the entire bus ride. Perhaps Chanyeol felt uncomfortable by their close proximity as well because the other girl didn't say a single word for its duration.

By the time the double doors opened, Kyungsoo was ready to push people out of the way in order to escape. Luckily for all the people in front, who also getting off, she didn't but as soon as she had enough space to breathe she got off Chanyeol in an instant. Clinging on more than necessary wasn't needed or wanted by anyone.

It looked like everyone else wanted to get off at the same stop too so within seconds, the previously stuffed bus was devoid of customers. Observing it as it drove away, Kyungsoo couldn't help the pout that settled on her lips - it really wasn't fair. Why couldn't have most people have gotten off three or four stops before? Then they would have been able to sit on seats at a respectable distance from each other, no one would get into anyone else's personal space so intimately and viola! Tranquillity for all.

"So what did you think of the trailer... was it scary?" Chanyeol's eyes rounded considerably at the last word. Maybe she was a thrill seeker too, well then there would be two of them disappointed after the film then.

"Nah. It could pass as a children's film in terms of fear inducing. But plot wise, it might be good you know," the words didn't help put a smile on Chanyeol's face like she thought they would. If anything she looked a little queasy. She most likely didn't have lunch, Kyungsoo silently vowed to buy her an extra large box of popcorn as the most readily available substitute. That would stop the hunger pains probably. Unless she wasn't joking about having a black-hole stomach, then there was nothing she could do to help.

The cinema wasn't a large one but it did have over ten screens it offered customers so the place wasn't run down or tiny. Large posters that decorated in every side the ground floor queuing area they were crowded around, waiting for the tickets.

"Hi! Two tickets to see the Bye-Bye Man please."

The worker looked bored out of his mind, but then again, menial jobs were only physically stimulating. They did, on the other hand, help struggling university students make ends meet so she wouldn't be complaining about them anytime soon. He had incredibly high cheekbones and a mop of fluffy curls, along with a metal name tag labelled Kim Jongdae.

"Adult or student?"

"Students. We've got our ID on us too if you need evidence."

"Yes please," the cashier replied politely, tapping a few more buttons on the keyboard for the screen in front of him.

Chanyeol began scrambling for her university photocard and Kyungsoo fished it out of her left pocket where she knew it'd be. Fortunately, the search was not a long one because the silver haired girl found the ID card in her wallet, nestled between what looked like multiple McDonald's receipts.

"Thanks, where would you guys like to sit?"

"Front" exclaimed Chanyeol the same time Kyungsoo muttered, "back"

The two girls looked at each other surprised, they hadn't decided on this beforehand and by the looks of Chanyeol's set face, it didn't look like she was going to budge on the matter.

"Middle please."

Both the cashier and Chanyeol sighed, the former in relief (that this wouldn't cause an argument he'd presumably been a witness to more than enough after starting the job) and the latter released a resigned sigh that sounded like a rapid exhalation of air.

"It is your birthday. You deserve to be happy," the puppy lover gave her a meaningful stare that had softness beneath it.

That was. ..sweet? But the older girl was this nice to anything that breathed. Kyungsoo wasn't going to fool into thinking she was special.

The cashier thought otherwise, from the slow kitten-like smile that spread out on his lips, "You guys are really cute together, here are your tickets. Enjoy the film yeah," he handed them the tickets with a suggestive waggle of the eyebrows.

The raven haired girl pinned him with an incredulous stare that was intended to express the words, 'what the hell?'

She turned over to Chanyeol, expecting the same level of confusion and distaste to be reflected in the barista's eyes, but to her dismay, an ecstatic voice answered, "cute is the new black! We can't help it-" and she would have continued singing their praises if Kyungsoo hadn't given her sleeve a quick tug, "thank you for the tickets, we'll definitely have fun."

Less than ten minutes later, they were looking for their seats under the inconveniently dark cinema lighting.

Kyungsoo almost tripped on a drink carton that was lying uselessly on the ground, but Chanyeol's lean arms shot out at a rapid rate and kept her shoulders steady. The raven turned around after she'd managed to regain her balance. Stupid box for almost killing her, she thought petulantly, she could have died. Some members of the public were so inconsiderate and rude, truly. She squinted at the dark shadows around Chanyeol's face, she supposed she had to thank the other girl for her timely assistance. She had manners and she opened to verbalise this gratitude but all she could hear was her raspy voice whispering a curt "thanks."

Damn it all. How hard was it to express emotions? Now if this were anyone else she knew, they'd be using their intensive knowledge of language to do something that constituted as being wordier than a grunt at least. Maybe she should add something? it was probably too late, and Chanyeol's lips were already starting to move.

"Seriously? That's all you can say to your saviour? Your one and only, the reason you face is still three-dimensional," Chanyeol grasped at her chest, creating the illusion of someone that was hurtfully offended but her brown eyes were dancing with mirth. Kyungsoo's smiled, a small one but it was there nevertheless.

It seemed like, emotional constipation and all, Chanyeol actually accepted her gruffness and an overall grey cloud of pessimism. She wasn't just pretending to for the sake of a university created 'nice girl' image. Kyungsoo wasn't used to this, hadn't been accepting this either. The playfulness or the lack of polite and social expectations drifting from her classmate in waves that she quite bluntly, didn't know how to mentally categorise. Most people that were in regular communication with her were put into three categories: would stop watching Pororo for (though so far only her parents and Baekhyun were in that category. Would never under any circumstances, stop watching Pororo for. Lastly, would murder with a pitchfork and use a shovel to hide the body if technology wasn't so thwartingly advanced. Was deciding a person's importance in her life a little too complicated to be influenced by an obsessive love for a children's television show? Certainly not.

Looking at the whole day and the last few months, Chanyeol had slowly but undoubtedly (as much as she had been denying it) climbed her way up from the third one to the second. A massive achievement considering that introversion was the biggest understatement in existence when it came to her.

"Did you just smile?" Chanyeol giggled, a feat she would later deny profusely. "Did our resident Squidward smile? I feel like I've witnessed a worldly miracle, quick do it again!" she ordered distractedly, eagerly scrambling for her phone as if the action were one that would never be repeated.

Kyungsoo didn't know whether to be mildly offended at the implication or amused. She did regularly smile, she wasn't a robot but considering the fact that the other girl found the recently trending 'salt bae' memes funny and so did, worryingly enough a good portion of people, her own sense of humour was something she liked to call 'high quality'. Others may disagree, Chanyeol was obviously one of those people so she settled for being amused.

"Well since you did just save the fate of my teeth, I was just repaying the favour by showing you that your efforts weren't for nothing."

If Kyungsoo didn't feel an unfamiliar satisfaction bubbling inside of her at Chanyeol's guffaws then she was lying to herself. Again.

"Two miracles in one day. A smile and a joke. If I had known this is what a date with you would be like, I would have taken you out ages ago," Chanyeol commented idly after her laughing fit, seemingly unthinking for the words that were pouring out of .

...a date.

Huh?

"What did you just say?" A frosty cold voice she recognised as her own demanded.

"Er..." the deer in headlight expression on Chanyeol's face was undeniable, "it's a normal date, like you know... on a calendar," she trailed off, rubbing the back of her neck and trying but visibly failing to look casual.

Kyungsoo scanned Chanyeol's face properly for a few seconds, looking for any signs of laughter. When she didn't find any, she grunted and waved her hand dismissively.

"Let's just watch the film."

And they did.

Suffice to say, it was one the most difficult things she'd ever faced. For multiple reasons of course:

1) Chanyeol was a screamer.

2) Chanyeol was a screamer who got popcorn all over both of them.

3) The movie was .

So with a busted ear and popcorn kernels all over the floor around them, when the credits rolled in she was one of the first to leap out of her seat and make her way towards the exit. A certain silver-haired girl was hot on her trail.

"Wait Soo are you mad? I didn't mean for that last scream to happen! And I forgot the popcorn carton was still half full. The film was quite scary I'm not gonna lie, wasn't expecting that level of terror," she released a short chuckle and her lips stretched into a half smile.

"Chanyeol nothing about that film was scary. Your banshee wails were definitely more terrifying than the entire plot," Kyungsoo intoned, looking nonplussed.

"It was! I can't believe you didn't even flinch. It was so cool. Man, you're brave."

"That was weak, I've watched stuff that was way scarier. Can't believe we wasted our money."

At Chanyeol's shocked expression at her lack of terror, she added: "why didn't you tell me you didn't like horror films?"

Why had Chanyeol pretended to like a genre that she was so obviously terrified of? What was she getting out of giving herself nightmares?

"I just-....I just wanted you to have a nice birthday," the giant mumbled, playing with the hem of her shirt, looking around awkwardly.

"Well..." Kyungsoo began, smirking, "I'm still half deaf after that so I don't know about 'nice'. And that popcorn was expensive as heck."

Chanyeol had the decency to look ashamed after that last retort, before firing back sassily with "well I didn't think you had much hearing considering how much you ignore me."

"It's not called deafness if you choose not to hear."

"And why wouldn't you choose to hear my voice? I've heard it and it sounds great!" the other girl argued, placing her hands sternly on her hips.

"Unfortunately I have," Kyungsoo spoke flatly, raising both eyebrows in an unbothered manner.

"Well, clearly your judgement because there's nothing you do like."

"That's not true," Kyungsoo denied vehemently, she liked plenty of things, "I like music..."

Chanyeol looked at her, entirely unimpressed, "You're doing music at uni, of course you like it,"

True, she had her there. Still...there were so many things she liked. The new season of American Horror Story was coming out, that excitement always left her going to sleep with a contented smile.

What else was there?

She liked volunteering over at the children's hospital during the end of semester holidays and just as she vocalised that she was cut off by a swift- "I know."

Chanyeol's rosy lips quirked upwards at Kyungsoo's baffled response.

"How do you know that? I never told anyone."

Her private life was that. Private. She didn't think anyone knew, besides no one needed to witness the fact that she was an utter pushover to a bunch of little twerps.

"I've seen you there a few times, you volunteer during the shift before me and the kids don't stop talking about Kyungsoo unnie non-stop. Which isn't fair since I sneak in the best cuddly toys in existence. They really like you, you tell the best stories apparently and your voice trumps my guitar playing skills by far."

They were waiting at the bus shelter and people were bustling past them, Kyungsoo's gaze shifted from one side to another as she thought of a reply. 

Was she a little flustered? Without a doubt. She loved those kids and to hear that the affection they had for her wasn't one sided, was heart warming. She could forgive Chanyeol for unintentionally invading her privacy as she was the bearer of such delightful news. 

"I didn't know they liked me that much. The brats act like they're so disappointed every time they see me," she grumbled good-naturedly. 

Chanyeol beamed, all teeth gleaming, "next time let's go together. They'll all get so excited if we merge our shifts."

Just like that Kyungsoo's uplifted mood was robbed right from her grasp. Being with the chirpy little beans was one of the few things that made her feel good and simultaneously reminded her that there was still so purity and innocence on the world. It allowed her to get away from everyone she knew and display her most vulnerable sides to others without feeling wary. The hospital was a perfect getaway from everything else in her life and she definitely wasn't going to let Park Chanyeol dominate this area of her life too. 

"No thanks."

The barista's face fell and as it did, Kyungsoo got to watch the other girls cheeks droop and wonder if she was too harsh on her. 

She was always too harsh on her. 

The atmosphere quickly became tense. The silver haired girl wasn't even looking at her, staring directly ahead at the direction the bus would be coming from and Kyungsoo certainly wasn't an expert in dispelling bad moods. Creating them however...

When the bus came, Chanyeol got on it without even so much as sparing a backwards glance and the guilt pierced Kyungsoo like a sharp dagger would. 

She got on and since this time it was more or less empty, they both found seats without any pushing or barging needed. The seats, however, were next to two opposing windows and the journey home was a quiet one that involved copious amounts of window staring. 

As miles of buildings whizzed past and blurred, unrecognisable faces were left in the distance, Kyungsoo really thought about her birthday. She was twenty years old today and she didn't feel any older, leaving the teenage years was meant to be a dramatic and eye-opening coming of age endeavour but nothing had changed. She was still the same old 'grumpy old cat lady' and couldn't imagine aspects of her life changing in any way just because she was technically a little older. 

Though logically, you aged every day and your body cells didn't recognise the day you were born as the day that deserved the most mitosis every year. So really she was simply strengthening the presence of recycled childish myths in her mind-set and participating in the delusion that age and maturity were linked in a way that left little room for practical growth. Instead of waiting for her biological clock to save her and regrets to mend themselves using time, she should be out making amends and bettering herself on her own. But instead, every mistake she made against herself she just brushed away whatever apologies and let the guilt eat her up. Which was psychologically and socially bad but how could you just wake up and be a different person? That wasn't how the world worked. 

It would be a lot easier that's for sure, she'd have the confidence to get out of the stone cold image she built up and do a lot of the things that she wouldn't be able to right now. Instantly apologising for mistakes, laughing freely and acting spontaneously were a few of the things that came to mind but there were so much more.

This intense thinking prevented her from realising the bus had come to a stop at where they were supposed to get off. She would have stayed on if it was not for a bent over Chanyeol tapping her on the shoulder, at an angle where her ringlets bounced a little as she gestured towards the open does. 

"Kyungsoo, let's go."

As a result, she was jolted out of her thoughts and leapt out of the chair. The half jog she did in an impressive attempt at getting to the exit using the determination of an olympian, very much gave away the fact that she didn't exercise much in general. By 'much', that one speed-walking match to the beef section two years ago when she caught a middle-aged man eying the pack she had come to the supermarket for definitely counted. She'd won and it was one the most brag-worthy successes she possessed in her short but impressive list of proud moments. 

It was also the most exercise the raven had gotten willingly, probably her whole life. That shop's beef was magical, definitely worth the hassle of a sulking father of two whose shameless attempts at using his children to get his hands on that tender meat might have worked on a lesser human. 

All of this information added up meant that she was visibly panting and hunched over a bit trying to get hey breath back. Did this suggest she was more than a little unfit? Perhaps. But most of all, it reminded her again that anyone who had ever told her that "exercise makes you happier" deserved to be forced to swim in the north pole for the sole entertainment of Seals, see how happy that would make them. Very, according to their "scientifically" backed up quote which was a whole load of crap because anyone that felt good after surviving the painful sensations of your heart contracting, was down right messed up in the head. 

Chanyeol came out a few seconds after her, at the pace she always walked at. The bus was meant to drive away as soon as that happened but the doors remained open for about another five seconds. She gaped at the traitorous metal box, that had gotten her to run for no reason. Granted, no force or coercion was used but that didn't mean she didn't feel ridiculous after that dramatic exit. It would have been fine but now she could see that it was completely unnecessary. Drat.

She couldn't wait to go home.

It was nearing evening time so Sehun was probably waiting up in their one bedroom shared apartment. The first year would no doubt grill her about where she was for the whole day since there was no denying that Kyungsoo was a homebody, staying out for this long with another person was unheard of. The interrogation she certainly wasn't looking forward to but her warm bed and a boiling mug of chamomile tea were just what she needed after a long day like this.

"I guess this is where we say goodnight." 

The words were said slowly and cautiously. She didn't know where Chanyeol lived so she didn't want to presume they were going to be walking in the same direction. The other girl looked down at her, pursing her lips in a thoughtful manner.

"I-I guess. See you around Kyungsoo."

As she watched her walk away in another direction, long hair swaying from side to side over her back, Kyungsoo realised she was confused. For the first time in her life, she didn't know how to deal with another person. Most of the time it was easy but Chanyeol, she was complex and frustrating and infuriating all mixed together. The raven would never tell what she was thinking and that meant she automatically didn't know what to do, whether it be to ignore her or to stop treating her horribly and express more of herself to the other girl. But that would mean being 'soft and mushy' and that wasn't the kind of person she was.

Ignoring her and the event of today seemed like the most feasible option, so as she was snuggled with her king sized duvet she asked herself again, what would it be like if everything was different?

Sehun's REM-induced heavy breathing prevented any deeper thoughts from manifesting so instead, she was gently lulled to sleep by the background noise and all the physical fatigue her muscles were enduring. Even though today was her birthday, perhaps tomorrow would be a better day.