1/1

I loved you yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hansol was not the type to go to public libraries, being mixed, he always receive stares from strangers, making him gulp and conscious, he can’t blame his parents too, so his life revolves around staying at home to play video games with his friends, but luck was never on his side. Because out of all the teachers he can have on the semester, the most horrifying human chose to be their homeroom teacher. It was none other than Mr. Lee, he was short, a bit too young to be a teacher or he just had a baby face, but that doesn’t hide the fact that he is known as a monster by their seniors.

 

“Good morning freshmen, my name is Lee Jihoon and I am your homeroom and literature teacher” the said man stood in front, his dark aura engulfing the class of twenty-five, no one dared to volunteer as the class representative.

 

“You, what is your name?” the man pointed the most popular student, also, Hansol’s friend, Boo Seungkwan, the boy stood up immediately, gulping as if he literally swallowed his own pride.

 

“Boo Seungkwan, sir”

 

“You will be the class representative and monitor the room, I will see you all again on literature class” he tidy up and pulled his bag, exiting the room as all students sighed, releasing the breaths they have been holding.

 

Hansol walked over to Seungkwan who was sobbing dramatically as their classmates comfort the class rep. Hansol patted his back with a small smile, thinking about how lucky he is to not be picked. “Yah Choi Hansol, stop smiling just because you’re safe” Seungkwan whined, shoving Hansol gently, the little tantrum ended when the bell rang for first period, which was Math. Hansol has a hobby of sleeping in class but will never sleep on Mr. Lee’s class for sure.

 

“Yah, wake up, it’s lunch time” Seungkwan pulled Hansol’s ear, who was deeply asleep.

 

“I skipped snack time?” Hansol groaned, rubbing his forehead which had a red spot for sleeping on three periods.

 

“Move, you lazy ” Seungkwan dragged the half asleep boy towards the cafeteria.

 

“Omo, Mr. Choi is so cool, I really wanna have P.E class with him” a group of girls squealed at the presence of the P.E teacher who was sharing the teacher’s table with the grumpy Mr. Lee.

 

Hansol found the table of his friends, three sophomores, Lee Seokmin, Seo Myungho and Kim Mingyu, Seungkwan dragged him to the table as the boys waved their hands.

 

Hansol’s POV

 

“Aren’t you going to buy lunch?” I asked Seungkwan, he shook his head and took out his lunch box, I went in line to buy my lunch and went back to the table with a tray full of food.

 

“How was first day?” Mingyu hyung asked me.

 

“We have that grumpy midget as homeroom teacher and he chose me as the class rep” Seungkwan in, fanning his face as if he was burning in anger.

 

“Good luck, I hope you’re still alive by the end of the semester” Myungho hyung teased as and Seokmin hyung chuckled loudly, showing his pearly white teeth.

 

“Isn’t Mr. Jeon really hot or is it just me?” Mingyu hyung asked us, his eyes staring straight at another literature teacher, Mr. Jeon.

 

“Ey, Mr. Kwon is hotter” Seokmin hyung pointed the arts teacher, Mr. Kwon

 

“No, Mr. Moon is hotter, are you both blind?” Myungho hyung pointed the Chinese teacher, Mr. Jun, who teaches Chinese. I turned my back to look at the teacher’s table but was greeted by Mr. Lee’s glare so I turned away as if nothing happened.

 

Mingyu hyung clutched his chest dramatically and Seungkwan just rolled his eyes, munching on his bibimbap. “I think I need to go to PC bang every after class just to feel better after Mr. Lee’s class” I groaned, shoving half of my kimbap roll in my mouth. Seungkwan patted my back, nodding in agreement as we finished lunch just on time for next subject. We both went back to class and as usual, I slept. My seatmate elbowed me when I heard a cough, I lift my head up to be face to face with the evil midget.

 

“Name please”

 

“C-Choi Hansol”

 

“You, do me a favour after class, for slacking off” he glared. I gulped and nodded. The whole class was dead quiet and no one wanted to answer so he called out students to answer. We ended class at 5pm and I waited until everyone was out.

 

“Return this to the public library” he scoffed, handing me a thick, giant book, I just nodded and held it with both arms.

 

My house and the public library were just walking distance so I chose to walk and think of happy thoughts despite of this giant book that reminds me of that horrible human. I walked while listening to the latest Kanye West album, finally reaching the public library which was quite filled with students. I went in line for returning books and there was a boy, a bit shorter than me, looking around as if it was his first time. “Are you lost?” I asked him, he turned around with widened eyes, he had sharp eyes and jet black hair, a bit messy probably from scratching his head but he looked like youre typical high school student.

 

“No, it’s just, I can’t remember how this place looked like”

 

“Well, me too, I never hang out here, it’s boring” I looked at him with a soft smile and he nodded, I turned to his arm, he was carrying two books, a notebook, a coloring book and a box of crayons.

 

“Do you like dinosaurs?” I asked him as we were waiting for the librarian, he stared at the coloring book and nodded, there was also a polaroid camera attached around his neck, making him look like a tourist.

 

“I’m Hansol” I introduced myself, he bowed

 

“My name is Lee Chan” he smiled widely, his eyes slanting even more as if they were closed.

 

The librarian coughed and he returned the books, he bowed politely before walking away with the notebook and art book thing. I returned Mr. Lee’s book, then walked to home while still listening to American songs. I went straight to bed since my arms hurt from carrying the giant book. The next day was no joke, Mr. Lee was glaring at me the moment he entered the class.

 

“We have a new student, please come in” he announced, turning to the door, the familiar jet black hair and slanted eyes went in…

 

“My name is Lee Chan, please take care of me” he bowed, we were all still quiet, Mr. Lee coughed

 

“Choi Hansol, you will be his school buddy, take care of him and tour him around. See you all later on our literature class.

 

Lee Chan sat next to me but didn’t even greet me, did he forget we had a little talk yesterday? When Mr. Lee went out, I turned to him. “Lee Chan, do you remember me?” I asked him, he turned to me with slightly wide eyes and pulled out the same notebook from yesterday. “You can speak Korean?” he suddenly asked me which caught me off-guard

 

“Yes, I can speak Korean…”

 

“Do I know you? I don’t have any picture of you-“

 

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused as .

 

“Sorry, I have anterograde amnesia, I can’t remember what happened yesterday unless I wrote it down on my notes, I’m sorry” he bowed his head

 

“A what?”

 

“Let me take your picture, if you don’t mind” he suddenly pulled out the same polaroid camera from last night and took a picture of me.

 

“What’s your name?” he asked me, blinking innocently.

 

“Choi Hansol”

 

He smiled and blew on the film, waiting to see the result, writing a name below, he then pulled out a card holder filled with polaroids. “You find me weird, I know” he commented, opening his notes on the first page and pointing a smudge.

 

Dear self:

 

People will look at you weirdly

You won’t remember what happened yesterday so you have to take down special events today

Take pictures of people you will meet.

Look at the card holder on your bag and the first picture is your mom, she will take you home

 

“I didn’t know”

 

“It’s okay, I’m used to it” he smiled softly before turning to the door as the teacher entered the room.

 

For once, I didn’t find myself sleeping but I was doodling dinosaurs on my notebook like an idiot, it went on like that, I had sneaky glances on Lee Chan who looked so serious while writing down notes, only when lunch time was my spirit got fired up. “Hey Lee Chan” Seungkwan went over to us, Chan bowed down “This is Seungkwan, he’s my friend, do you want to have lunch with us? We have three hyungs” I told him, he gave me another wide green, which I thought was brighter than the sun.

 

“Can we be friends?” he shyly asked me since I was walking with him to the cafeteria because Seungkwan ran.

 

“Of course, we’re classmates anyway”

 

“Thanks Hansol”

 

We reached the cafeteria and I led Chan to the table “This is Lee Chan, he’s gonna be our friend” I told everyone and they all smiled at him warmly, I went in line to buy my lunch and was startled when I heard a dramatic scream from Seungkwan followed by laughter. I turned to see Chan laughing out loud as Seungkwan covered his face, he was holding the polaroid camera and the hyungs looked like they were interested on Lee Chan as well. I returned with my tray and we all started eating, Lee Chan has packed lunch as well as Seungkwan.

 

“Don’t think like you’re weird around us, we’re your hyungs so we will accept you for who you are” Mingyu hyung ruffled his hair, he nodded and wrote down on his notes while chewing his food.

 

“We have P.E class next period, I hate sweating” Seungkwan complained.

 

“We have to pass the semester, idiot” I punched Seungkwan’s shoulder since I was between him and Chan.

 

“Anyway, I heard your teacher is Mr. Choi, he likes ball sports to be honest, he made me sweat so much” Seokmin hyung complained.

 

The three of us frowned and made sure to eat a lot to not pass out on P.E, even if Mr. Choi looks like the ideal P.E teacher, he’s just as strict as Mr. Lee. We went to the gym half-heartedly, we changed into gym clothes and met up with our classmates as Mr. Choi was checking the attendance. “Omo, Mr. Choi is so handsome, we’re so lucky” some girls whispered, I rolled my eyes, I looked over at Chan who was staring at a group of seniors playing basketball.

 

“Do you like basketball?” I poked his cheek and he turned to me with wide eyes, shaking his head.

 

“They just looks so cool”

 

“Yeah yeah” why the f does he look so cute?

 

“Lee Chan?” Mr. Choi called and he raised his arm

 

“You can just join the warm-ups according to your records” Mr. Choi added before blowing the whistle, signalling us to run around the gym.

 

We ran in one line, girls were up front since Mr. Choi was leading us and they want to see him or something. “Lee Chan, stop staring at the seniors” I as we jogged, he frowned and looked away, I chuckled, he looks cute when teased. We stopped and had a five-minute break before stretch ups, we did the daily stretch-up routine and Mr. Choi whistled. “We’re going to play dodgeball so divide your class in two groups” he announced, I looked over at Chan who made his way to the bleachers.

 

“Yah, come here” Seungkwan called me to his group.

 

“Alright, I’ll give plus points to the winning team” Mr. Choi announced before blowing the whistle.

 

It was a fun game, even the seniors watched us play along, Chan was laughing along whenever Seungkwan rolls dramatically to dodge. In the end, our team lost but we all had fun playing. We changed back to our uniform and got ready for last class, Mr. Lee’s. Chan tapped my shoulder and showed me his card holder with polaroids “I got Mr. Choi’s” he showed me a picture of Mr. Choi with a peace sign, and a label saying he’s the P.E teacher. “Good job Chan” I as we sat down and Mr. Lee entered.

 

“Read page 21-30 and I will ask questions” was the first thing he said as he entered.

 

As usual, we were all quiet and patiently waiting for end of school day. Chan was writing down notes, the same serious expression. Why am I looking at him again? I shook my head and continued on reading, I guess the luck was on my side because I didn’t get called, after a painful one hour and thirty minutes, we were finally free. “Are you going home now?” I asked Lee Chan and he nodded, I walked to Boo when he suddenly pulled my arm. “Um..when I forget you tomorrow, we can still be friends, right?” he asked me, I patted his head and nodded “Of course”

 

 

Chan’s POV

 

“How was your new school?”

 

“They were nice, I made new friends, even the scariest teacher agreed to take his picture” I showed mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter