Engagement

Moon and Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“They say we’re losers and we’re all right with that.”


Sept. 30, 2025

 

Surreal. Yes it's the perfect way to describe what Hayi was feeling. She didn't really believe if what happened yesterday, on her birthday was true. But as she stir on her bed, she felt it, arms wrapped loosely around her waist tighten, pulling her closer. She felt air fanning her bare shoulders as her back hit something solid and warm. 

 

"Good morning, love," a deep husky voice murmured, a distinct voice that Lee Hayi could recognize whenever she heard it. A smile automatically formed in her face as she turned and the sight of him made her smile widen. 

 

It's him, in all his beautiful glory. His thick eyebrows, his shaped nose, his plump lips, to his small eyes, his sharp jawline. Kim Jiwon was really here, beside her, in her bed, in her apartment. Very much real and not just a figment of her imagination. But she had always dreamt this moment, a lot of times in the past two years so Hayi couldn't helped but feel a little doubt. 

 

"Are you real?" Hayi asked, her hand cupping the side of his face. His brows furrowed as he leaned on her touch. 

 

"Very real," he murmured, crossing the distance between them. And Hayi involuntarily closed her eyes as his lips came in contact with her forehead. 

 

"Thank you," Hayi sighed as her hands slowly moved across his face, feathery touches, as if she's memorizing his face, a very replica of what she did, a few years ago, when they officially broke up. 

 

"Thank you for coming back. For really coming back. To me. Even after everything. Even if..." Hayi trailed off, feeling the back of her eyes burned. "I really didn't said it yesterday but, really, thank you, Ji." 

 

"You know I would always come back to you, Hi," Bobby answered, his expression turned serious as he grasped her hands, placing it by his lips, softly kissing her knuckles. "No matter what happened, no matter what happens, no matter what will happen, I will always come back to you. It will always be you," he whispered, tears also forming in the corner of his eyes as they stare at each other. 

 

"I love you, Ji." 

 

"I love you more, Hi. Marry me." 

 

"Of course."

"Are you for real?" Donghyuk exclaimed, Bobby ignoring his dongsaeng. 

 

"I mean, we're in our thirties, it's understandable, but... Isn't it a little to early?" Jinhwan asked, watching as Bobby shrugged his shoulders. They're all lazing around their dorm, in the living room, Bobby busy checking himself in the big mirror. 


 
"Hyung is right, you know. You just got discharged and now you want to get married? Imagine the whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter