Gentleman VS Jerk

Third Way of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The breeze blew cool announcing the coming of autumn, Yongsun tightened her cardigan closer as she quickened her pace home. Reaching her apartment, she noticed the door next to hers, Hyunsik’s door is left slightly opened. Her defensive senses kicked in as she thought there was a bugler in it, quietly she went towards the door and opened the door as slow as she could to prevent any noise coming from it.

Upon entering her head in first, she took a quick glance around the apartment. It was dark, but slowly she could see what’s in the apartment. It was filled with simple furniture, quite a few boxes were still left unpacked by the corner. Hyunsik was dead drunk on the floor lying next to a puddle of gross vomit, one of his hand was still holding on to a can of beer. Yongsun pondered on the spot on what she should do, should she just leave him alone or be a kind soul?

Surrendering to her principles, Yongsun walked into Hyunsik’s apartment towards him and shake him harshly.

“Hyunsik, wake up. Hyunsik!”

Hyunsik woke up from his slumber, barely awake as he struggles to sit himself up. He sees Yongsun and smiled with his eyes closed. “Yongsun-ah, I’m thirsty. I want water.”

“Get up and clean yourself. You’re in a mess.” Yongsun walks away into the kitchen, attempting to find a mop and pail to clean up the vomit on the floor. She walks back to the living room and finds a half sleeping Hyunsik sitting up. Sighing, she quickly starts to mop the floor. Once she was done, she took the pail and left for the kitchen. Hyunsik quickly grabbed one of Yongsun’s feet, almost causing Yongsun to trip over. “Yongsun, don’t leave, please, I beg you.”

“What are you doing?” Yongsun annoyingly struggles to shrug off Hyunsik’s hand away from her feet.

“Yongsun, it’s my fault. I’m really rotten to the core, please forgive me, will you please forgive me? Please give me another chance.” Hyunsik was almost in kneeling on the ground, still tugging on tightly to Yongsun’s feet.

“Hyunsik, let go. I said let go!” Yongsun kicked away Hyunsik’s hand roughly.

In that instant moment, everything that Hyunsik did in the past towards Yongsun’s rushed in like a gush of waves, appearing in Yongsun’s mind, she was reminded of every single thing of what Hyunsik did. The suppressed anger in her erupted like a volcano, the emotions popped like the inflated balloon.

“You asked me for a chance, did you ever give me a chance? Our 8 years of relationship, one word that you’re leaving and you left, have you ever thought about my feelings? Now that you’re being dumped by someone else, you come back looking for me, what do you treat me as? There are certain things that can not be forgiven. They can’t be forgotten. There’s no second chance for it. Do you understand? Can you get this in your head?” Yongsun was hysterically screaming at Hyunsik, she was having an emotional outburst, a fit of rage.

Hyunsik looked at Yongsun, speechless.

Yongsun threw the pail and the mop on the floor and left Hyunsik’s house immediately. She never ever spoke of these words before towards Hyunsik, even when Hyunsik initiated a breakup she kept cool about it, finally today she let out all of her feelings that she tried so hard to suppress in her heart, she felt like a burden off herself. 

 

 

The warm ball of light filtered through her thin eyelids awoke Yongsun on her bed. Rays of brightness cast squares onto the glossy marbled floor, reflecting onto several objects in the room which decorated its otherwise simplicity. Yongsun blinked a few times, in an attempt to help her eyes adjust to the illumination directed right at her. Staring at the ceiling, she could feel that her eyelids were heavy this morning, looks like she’ll have to put on more concealer later.

 

“Why do you look like a death eater? You didn’t sleep well last night?” Wheein passed Yongsun a cup of coffee as she settled down beside her. They were in one of the meeting room at the Moon Group’s office.

“Yeah…” Yongsun replied soullessly while the cup of coffee aimlessly.

Sensing that Yongsun doesn’t want to say anything about it, Wheein shrugs it off as she starts preparing the materials needed for the meeting.

Hearing the door opening, Yongsun quickly looked up, it was Director Lee, the producer and the script writer from the pilot project. She quickly stood up together with Wheein and greeted Director Lee.

“Hello Director Lee.” Yongsun smiled sweetly, putting on her trademark smile.

Director Lee sat down and gestured for Yongsun to sit as well. “Oh Yongsun-ah, sit down.”

“If I may ask, may I know why are you here?” Ever since the pilot project, Yongsun has never met Director Lee since. She thought that the feedbacks for the pilot project were bad, since she didn’t hear anything about it.

“Oh. About that, have you seen the pilot episode yet?” Director Lee asked as he flipped through his materials.

Giving an awkward expression, Yongsun looks at Wheein, whom gave her a clueless look.

“Sorry, I was quite busy recently.” Yongsun gave an apologetic smile.

“Ah that’s fine. I was just asking. Anyway, the feedbacks for the pilot episode were positive from the public and from the higher ups. After discussion we’ve decided to produce into a full fledge drama, tentatively we’re deciding that it would be around 16 episodes for now.”

“Oh… ok…” It took awhile for Yongsun to fully process what was Director Lee saying. “Eh? Really?! Then, then… am I going to be the female lead?”

A laughter could be heard in the room. “Of course, who else would be if it wasn’t you? I told you that you’re the most suitable for this role. Are you Yongsun’s manager?” Director Lee looked at Wheein, whom was obviously too trying to process what is going on right now.

“Me?” Wheein asked back.

Director Lee puts up his elbows on the table, intertwining his hands while leaning his head on top of it. “Seriously, what is wrong with the both of you? Yes you, I’m asking if you’re Yongsun’s manager?”

“Um, yes… I just became her manager yesterday.”

“Ah, reminds me when I was a new director. How’s Yongsun’s schedule?”

“She’ll start getting busy from next week onwards till the end of next month. She’s going for some auditions and profile shoots, and also finish up some productions that was confirmed some time ago.”

“Good, just nice! We’ll be starting pre-production from next week onwards, till end of next month. We’re aiming to start officially the month after, but I would need some days next month to schedule in script reads and fitting.”

Wheein nods and quickly noted it down in her planner.

“Yongsun-ah, are you back to Earth yet?” Director Lee jokingly tease Yongsun.

Wheein turns to look at Yongsun, who still seems to be still in a daze, she elbows Yongsun slightly to break her daze.

“Huh? Sorry. It’s just, hard to believe I’m finally getting a female lead role.” Yongsun looks down shyly while tugging invisible hairs behind her ears. “But…”

Yongsun stops halfway, staring at the table as though pondering about something.

“But?”

“What are we doing here? I mean, why are we in the Moon Group?” Yongsun still hasn’t linked up the points yet.

“Didn’t you know that the Moon Group is the main investor of this production? They sort of funded the pilot project, now that it’s being produced into a full fledge drama, they will be the main investor in this drama. So we’re here to discuss further with the representatives. I have no idea who are the representatives though…”

Yongsun looks at Wheein, Wheein gave a face that she was not aware of this. Well, logically speaking back then Wheein wasn’t involved in anything yet. Just as Yongsun was hoping that it was not who she thought it was, the door opens, everyone almost at instincts stood up to greet.

Moon Byulyi walked in, she took a glance at Yongsun before eyeing to the seat at the center, walking towards it to sit down. Behind her was Hyejin and a couple of unfamiliar faces, then there was this stylish bright good looking man, he followed in as well. Yongsun thought that his attire was oddly unfit for this whole office atmosphere, he was in jeans and a plain white tee, with a cardigan tied over his shoulder. Could he be…?

Byulyi sat down on the center seat, everyone else then took the cue to sit down as well. Hyejin sat down next to Byulyi’s right side, which was also just right beside Wheein, whom is next to Yongsun. The stylish man settled himself next to Byulyi’s left side. Slightly covering , Byulyi coughed softly. “Let me introduce first. This is Yongsun-ssi, the female lead actress” Byulyi then gestured to the other unfamiliar faces. “These are the people who will be taking charge of the overall production for the drama.”

Yongsun quickly stood up and slightly bowed. “Hello, I’m Kim Yongsun. Pleased to meet you, please take care of me.”

Byulyi then gestured to the good looking man beside her. “And this is Lee Jung Hwan, only heir to the Lee Corporation, he’s also…” she slightly paused for awhile, “my fiancé.”

Yongsun had guessed correctly the identity of this gentleman, with an even warmer and friendlier smile, she introduced herself. “Hello Mr Lee, it’s nice to meet you.”

“Yongsun-ssi! It’s nice to meet you too! Please, just call me Sandeul. I’m younger than you by the way.” Sandeul winked.

Yongsun had got to admit his eye smile was slightly attractive, the way his hair is being styled brings out a refreshing young look on him, he was indeed really good looking. He doesn’t have an aura of being the only heir of the mighty Lee Corporation, which is even much bigger business than the Moon Group. With his dressing, he looks like a fresh high graduate student instead.

Clearing , Byulyi gestured for both Yongsun and Sandeul to sit down.

“To start off, this meeting is to introduce the staffs from the Moon Group that will be participating in Yongsun-ssi’s drama, Moment with the Sun. This is also the first time the Moon Group would be involved in a producing a drama, thus we’ll be supporting it a lot from our side. We’re going to make it a big budget drama production that would make the whole nation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter