Chapter 03

Lying To Myself

 Seyong explained to the young boy that he felt no desire to "talk to girls," or whatever, at which, Chaejin wondered again, why did he talk to him then? But he wouldn't ask again, for he thought he'd come off as pushy and persistent if he kept repeating the same questions. So instead, he just nodded, as though he had got his answer. 

"You know, you're really cute. I don't see why you wouldn't be trying to get girls right now," Seyong said.

Chaejin tensed up a bit as he tried to think of something to say. No one had called him "cute" in a long time. It was shocking to him, and yet Seyong had said it so casually!

"U-uh.. w-well I'm sort of shy.. A-and I don't really talk to too many people... I guess I'm just unsocial..."

"Ah, I see," Seyong said, then chuckled lightly, not because it was funny, but because he found the young one slightly adorable, like a little kid.

Chaejin scrunched his nose up a bit, which he did whenever something didn't make any sense. Which, in this case, was the laugh he heard from the semi-drunk redhead. There was a silence between the two, neither of them knowing what to say. They sat there for a while, Chaejin staring at the ground, Seyong looking around the room aimlessly. Chaejin wanted to stay silent, Seyong wanted to talk more. 

"So, how old are you?" 

Chaejin was caught off guard by the question and actually had to think a bit before he answered. "I uh...I'm 17.."

Seyong eyed the young boy up and down. "Mmm, not even legal." 

"-What?" Chaejin gasped, completely taken aback.

The red-head chuckled lightly. "Nothing. By the way, I'm Seyong. You?" 

"Chae-"

"Chaejin! Look at you, making friends!" 

Chaejin looked up to see Junkyu, accompanied by two others he had never seen before. 

"I didn't take so long, now, did I?" 

Chaejin rolled his eyes, he had waited for almost an hour.

Seyong got up from his chair and started yelling at two of the guys Junkyu had been accompanied with.

"I am personally going to murder you two!" 

Insoo laughed a bit. "Yeah, whatever. "

As Seyong and Insoo began to argue, Junkyu grabbed the attention of Gunwoo. "This is Chaejin." 

Gunwoo looked at Chaejin and smiled. "You sure do look young and innocent, just as Junkyu described." 

Chaejin glanced at Junkyu, a bit of annoyance on his face, and then looked back at Gunwoo. "I-it's nice meet you." 

"I see you met my friend," Gunwoo said, then nodded in the direction where Insoo and Seyong were still arguing. "Hope he didn't make you uncomfortable."

Insoo and Seyong finally quieted down, and re-joined everyone else. 

"Sorry about that, Cutie. You're name's Chaejin?"" Seyong asked, wrapping his arm around the young boy's shoulder.

Chaejin stiffened. "Y-yes."

"Mmm, cute." 

Insoo rolled his eyes. "You're drunk." 

"I may be drunk," Seyong said, smiling widely. "But he has a cute name." And then he bursted out into laughter. 

Gunwoo turned towards Junkyu. "Sorry, we better go, before Seyong here makes a bigger fool of himself. Remember to call me, we need to hang out some time." 

Junkyu nodded. "Yeah, I better get Chaejin on out of here, he's like a lost little puppy. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Sounds good."

They said their goodbyes, and they each headed home. 

~ ~

On the way to the car, Chaejin's expression was blank.

"Is something wrong?" Junkyu asked.

Chaejin shook his head. Once they both were in the car, Junkyu driving, Chaejin spoke. "Are parties always like that?" 

"Like what?"

Chaejin bit his lip. "Nevermind... But hyung.."

"Yeah?"

"I hate you." 

"What? Wae~?"

Chaejin puffed his cheeks. "You made me miss my favorite drama.."