Chapter 6

Only You

“Aaahh! I can already feel the summer heat!” Eunha cried out as she and Yuna walked their way toward their Homeroom class for the day.

“Don’t get too excited. We’ll be taking advanced classes over the summer so it’s not like we’ll be enjoying the vacation period that much.”

Eunha looked at her best friend with a pout, taking in that what she said was true. “It’s a pity that you’re right.”

“On the bright side, we’ll be seeing each other more often even during the summer,” Yuna exclaimed as a way to lighten up the mood only to find that her best friend’s frown only got deeper.

“In case you forgot, we’re practically neighbors. Even without these advanced classes, I’ll be seeing you almost every single day. I swear, one day I could already paint your face even without a reference.”

Yuna gave a goofy smile as she scratched the back of head while faking a laugh. “Oh, you’re right.”

“Now then, you go on ahead. I still have to return this book I borrowed from Umji,” Eunha informed showing the fictional paperback over to her best friend. “I promised I’d return it today. You know how Umji is with promises.”

“Sure.” Yuna consented before they parted ways at the intersected hallways, exchanging goodbyes with a wave of the hand as if they won’t be seeing each other for a long time. “I’ll see you later then.”

“Have you heard?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s like the fifth time this week.”

“Absolutely. I swear these girls just don’t learn their lesson.”

“Exactly. They should have just accepted the fact that King Jungkook is for your eyes only. I mean, confessing in hopes of being accepted? That’s plain foolishness.”

“Yeah. And did you know?”

“What?”

“That Han La girl actually transferred to another school.”

“Really? I never heard of that. Is it because of the rejection?”

“Uh-huh and they said she cut her hair too.”

Yuna could only roll her eyes as she slowly passed by the small group of gossiping girls who she recognized to be her seniors. “They never stop.”

Deciding to ignore them, she continued making her way to where her Homeroom classroom is located and as soon as she reached the door, someone called out, “Oy, Yuna! Good morning!”

Yuna stopped in her tracks as soon as she heard the greeting. She turned her head sideways and saw Yugyeom with a bright smile on his face, leaning his back on the wall of their classroom. She was about to wave and greet him a ‘Good morning’ as well when she noticed who he was with.

“You?” Jungkook beat him at her words.

“Wait. You know each other?” Yugyeom asked as he looked back at forth over the two who, in an instant, began a staring contest with each other.

“Yes, me. You got a problem with that?” Yuna ignored Yugyeom’s question as she continued to stare at Jungkook who glared in return.

“Hey, I’m asking here,” Yugyeom tried to interrupt only to be shoved aside by Jungkook who took a step closer to Yuna, not even breaking the eye contact.

“Yes. You can’t be friends with Yugyeom.”

“Guys, really…what’s going on?”

Again, Yugyeom was shoved aside, now by Yuna, as she also took a step forward, challenging Jungkook. “And who are you to make a decision just like that? Are you dating each other?”

“Wait. What?!” Yugyeom interrupted but is once again ignored and shoved to the side by Jungkook.

“Excuse me?! Are you accusing me of being gay?!”

With a smug look, Yuna crossed her arms over her chest and held her head up. “Isn’t it obvious?”

“Yuna, wait,” Yugyeom began again and expectedly, he was pushed aside once more. By now, people already began to gather as they grew curious at the scene before them and at the heated exchange that was taking place between the two teenagers.

“I’m giving you a chance to take that back or else…” Jungkook declared, apparently trying to control an outburst from happening.

Yuna, who thought she was winning, opted to push on the boy’s nerves further. “Or else what? You’d use your influence and kick me out of this school? Go ahead. Show the world how much of a jerk you are. Let me see you try.”

“Or else you’d regret it and I’m not even joking,” he replied, still restraining himself.

“Guys, I think you should stop this right now. You’re creating a scene,” Yugyeom butted in once more as he tried to approach the two, cautious of the prying eyes directed at them.

“Stay out of this, Yugyeom,” Jungkook warned his friend as he gave him a quick glance before going back to staring at Yuna. “This is between me and this girl who thought so mighty of herself and just had the nerve to label me as gay.”

Yuna smirked as he said those words. “Aren’t you?”

With the last string holding him back being broken, Jungkook took measured and intimidating steps toward Yuna who stayed smug at her witticism. “I gave you one chance but you asked for it.”

“Wait, Jungkook. Don’t do it,” Yugyeom pleaded as he ran over to his friend to stop him only to be forcefully pushed aside for the nth time which caused him to land on his with a thud.

Yuna raised an eyebrow at her adversary while maintaining the same playful expression. However, Jungkook could only continue approaching her with a darkened look on his face. And once he was mere inches from her, Yugyeom could only whisper a silent “Oh, no.” as his friend, in one quick motion, grabbed Yuna by the arm, which caught the girl in surprise, before capturing her lips with his own for a liplock.

All spectators of the spectacle gasped in unison at the sudden twist of events. Both girls and guys could only stare wide-eyed at what was in front of them. Others proceeded to take out their phones in an instant to take a photo of the probably once in a lifetime occurrence, making sure to capture in every angle.

Feeling the sensation of the kiss, Yuna stood frozen and dumfounded as she tried to take in what was happening. Her mind was buffering like a snail. She couldn’t even think straight.

After a few seconds, Jungkook broke away from the sudden kiss with a satisfied look on his face before he his lips and casted a teasing smirk at the petrified girl in front of him. “Strawberry flavor doesn’t suit you.”

Yuna, still in a state of mental shock, remained motionless in her spot.

Jungkook, on the other hand, chuckled in amusement over the unmoving victim of the kiss before coming closer to whisper in her ears, “I wouldn't mind doing it again though.” With that, he shoved his hands in his pocket and walked out of the scene as if nothing happened.

Yuna’s eyes still were the size of ping pong balls as if threatening to pop out at any moment soon even after Jungkook already left and some of the onlookers decided to also leave the area. Be that as it may, she was still not comprehending the entire situation and her mind was already starting to get hazy. She stood still as if she was some piece of monument displayed at a gallery.

“Yuna, are you okay?” Yugyeom questioned the motionless girl as he approached her and gave her a pat on the back to somehow awaken her from the shock.

“What did he just do?” Yuna thought, still processing the event as her gaze began to become fuzzy before everything around her faded into black.

 


 

Yuna woke up to a glimmer of light reflecting on her eyes as she rolled sideways on the bed.

“Bed?! Wait! Why am I in bed?!”

Yuna’s eyes shot open as she realized her situation. Currently, she was lying down in a bed while being covered with a white sheet of blanket in a familiar room but she can’t exactly tell where.

“Where am I?” she asked, coming to a sitting position as she scanned her surroundings only to come face to face with a well-known face who had a huge grin directed at her.

“You’re in the school’s clinic,” Eunha answered her best friend as she pulled her chair closer to the bed.

“Why am I here?”

Eunha chuckled and leaned over to rest her chin on the bed saying, “Don’t tell me you can’t remember what just happened this morning.”

“What did-” Yuna began to mutter before everything came rushing into her mind at once- the meeting, the argument, and the…the…

“Kiss,” she whispered as she brought her hands to touch her lips.

“Ding! You got it!” Eunha exclaimed as she clapped her hands in glee.

Irritated at the amount of excitement her best friend was showing, she casted an irritated look at her. “And that makes you happy, why?”

Upon realizing her error, Eunha calmed herself down before clearing . “I mean, the nerve of that guy! How dare he steal your first kiss! If I ever see him, I swear I’d punch the living daylight out of him.” She acted, feigning to be clearly on her best friend’s side.

Yuna narrowed her eyes at her best friend while she kicked away the blanket covering her entire frame. “Don’t remind me.” “How did she even find out about humiliating experience when she wasn’t even there? Wait, it’s Eunha we’re talking about. Of course, she’d find out in a snap. Girl probably has ears everywhere.”

“Right,” Eunha agreed, zipping shut. “I won’t mention the kiss ever again.”

Yuna glared at Eunha who quickly covered .

“I mean-”

“Just don’t talk, please,” Yuna pleaded, shoving her index finger at Eunha’s mouth to prevent her from saying anything unnecessary one more time.

Eunha, who caught on her friend’s problem, simply nodded.

“Anyway, what time is it? Aren’t you supposed to be in class?”

“It’s almost lunch time and why should I be in class when you’re here?” Eunha replied with a radiant smile on her face coupled with a wink causing the once annoyed Yuna to relax her demeanor.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it. That’s what best friends are for,” Eunha waved off a hand over at her best friend before she stood up and fixed her outfit. “So, I’m thinking of having chicken for lunch today. Are you in?”

 


 

“Seriously?” was what came out of Namjoon’s lips as their beloved maknae approached their lunch table.

“Seriously, what?” Jungkook asked, pretending to be unaware of what was causing such disapproving faces to be etched in his hyungs’ faces.

“Don’t play with me, Jeon Jungkook,” the older boy replied in a serious tone that shocked even the others. Kim Namjoon was always one known to be easy-going. He always valued the interests of his friends rather than his own so seeing that he was borderline pissed came as a surprise to their entire group. It was only on rare occasion in which he would behave in such a way and by rare, they mean it only happened once- only that time Hoseok, after showing off his own rendition of a popular girl group’s dance, broke Namjoon’s laptop while the he was working on a song that had to be completed on the next day.

“What?”

Namjoon gestured at Jimin who was busy fiddling with his phone to hand over the device to Jungkook in which the younger immediately heeded in hopes of not adding fuel to the fuming lad they call their leader.

Jungkook, without hesitation, reached out to receive the phone as he pulled out a chair for himself to sit on. Viewing what was on the phone’s screen as it lit up to life at his touch, Jungkook gave a pleased expression, one that was coupled with a slight chuckle.

“And you find it funny?” Namjoon inquired as if he was a father reprimanding his son.

“Actually, yeah. I mean, look at her face and tell me. Is it not funny?”

Heaving a deep and long sigh, Namjoon could only facepalm himself as he proceeded to rub his temples. There was no point in telling off Jungkook when all the boy could think about was his own amusement. He swore that the said boy would eventually find himself needing the maturity, he and the other members have been trying to teach him, at some time in the future and they might not be there to help him. How Namjoon wished Jungkook would just grow up.

“You’re hopeless,” Hoseok commented teasingly in an attempt to relieve the tensed atmosphere Namjoon created.

“It’s not being hopeless. It’s more of a step further into our maknae’s puberty stage. This calls for celebration. I mean, Jungkook here just had his first kiss,” Jimin delightedly exclaimed as he pulled Jungkook by the shoulder over to him before ruffling his dongsaeng’s hair.

“Go away, Park Jimin,” Jungkook teased as he tried to shove away the pestering guy who was firmly gripping him, unwanting to let go.

“Yeah, stop that, Park Jimin or else Jungkook just might kiss you too,” Taehyung joined in on the fun as he watched in glee at the bickering individuals.

The others laughed at the comment except Namjoon who was still trying to calm himself and Yoongi who practically has no care in what’s going on in the world with his ears shut by the music his earphones were producing.

“I just might,” Jungkook retorted in step with the previous joke.

“Can I get a kiss too, Jungkookie?” Hoseok interfered as he inserted his face in between Jungkook’s and Jimin’s.

“Disgusting! Move away, ugly person!” Jimin commented as he shoved away Hoseok’s face who stubbornly remained still in his position.

“Not until I get a kiss from one of my dongsaengs.”

“Go away!” both Jungkook and Jimin said at the same time while also pushing Hoseok’s face away for good.

“Why do I have hyungs like you guys?” Jungkook asked in annoyance as he slapped Jimin’s arm away from his shoulder before moving to distance his seat away from the others.

“You’re lucky we even adopted you into the group,” Jimin stated with a smug look on his face as he proceeded to pester Taehyung instead.

“You call it luck. I call it misfortune,” Jungkook teased as Jimin immediately stood up to playfully hit him in response.

“We should probably call you Mr. Full of Himself. I think it suits you,” Jimin stated while wiggling his eyebrows over at Jungkook who pretended to consider the suggestion.

“It’s not so bad when you come to think of it. I mean-” Jungkook began but was cut off by the loud sound of the cafeteria doors being slammed open.

In a sudden, almost everyone inside the confines of the cafeteria stopped their conversation and turned to look at the newly-arrived person, or people if you count her companion as well, who caught their attention.

“What’s going on? Why is everybody so quiet?” Taehyung whispered over to Jin who only shrugged his shoulder in reply.

Being the brave and proud soul he is, Jungkook was the first one to stand up and examine what caused the sudden shift in the atmosphere only to come in direct eye to eye contact with the culprit.

 


 

What turns out to be seconds seemed like eternity to Yuna as she persisted on keeping a staring contest with the man she so loathed from the other side of the room. Of course, with him not wanting to lose, he also never made the effort to look away.

“In hell, would I lose to you this time…”

Yuna’s stare slowly turned into a deadly glare as she narrowed her eyes at the lad who doesn’t even seem to be a bit intimidated, something that irritated her more.

“Die,” she communicated with her glare as she held her gaze. Jungkook, as an unexpected response, threw her a mischievous smirk before playfully winking in a seductive manner which completely brought down Yuna’s defenses as she instantaneously broke the eye contact in sheer humiliation, her cheeks flushing a deep shade of red.

“Damn. That looked hot…” Grasping the meaning behind her disturbing thoughts, Yuna harshly shook her head to erase it while she constanly slapped herself. “No. That’s not it. I did not just say that. What I meant was that was so annoying. Yeah, he was annoying.”

“Yuju, are you okay?” Eunha asked as she placed a hand on her best friend’s shoulder, concerned over her weird behavior.

“Yeah. I’m fine,” Yuna replied, completely shaking away the thought that was throwing her off. “We’re having chicken today, right? What are we waiting for? I’m hungry. Wait, no. I’m ravenous,” she went on rambling, dismissing the previous tension she had.

Eunha caught on immediately at what her best friend was trying to do and so she replied with a simple nod before she led the way toward the counter.

As much as how she tried to deny it, Yuna just couldn’t clear her mind from all that has happened beginning in the morning most especially at what her mind just thought of recently.

“I must have gone crazy,” she reasoned while continuing to walk, unmindful of her surroundings. And before she knew it, she was already in the verge of landing flat on the floor, face first.

 


 

Hooray for updates! Because I love my readers, I decided to post this. Enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Also, can you give me any suggestion of who should I put as Jungkook's fangirl in the next chapter? I'm already working on it but I can't decide. Just comment your recommendation and I'll be sure to give it a thought. Thank you! :)