I Want to Be Your Morning Baby

I Want to be Your Morning Baby

Jeonghan had everything since he signed the contract and worked for Pledis Entertainment. Screaming fans, thousands of adorers and admirers, he could get girls and boys left and right...there was nothing stopping him from it either. Pledis was more than happy to foot the bill on a couple of dates; as long as they were made sure to be spotted by paparazzi somewhere, so to aid the 'y' and 'mature' concept they were trying to develop. And Jeonghan was no stranger to those games...he was so bad, but he did it so well. (A/N: Heads up if you know where This reference is from!!!!! You're aweSome!) 

 

But it seemed those numberless people he dated, just wanted one thing, and one thing only. The long nights, the complicated games, with the soft pale light rays of the moon poking through the heavy, thickset curtains. It was supposed to be the high time of his life, Pledis was finally happy a couple of their Seventeen boys were dating (granted, Jeonghan hadn't been involved with all that much people) to aid their concepts, and Jeonghan didn't exactly regret any of his experiences but... 

 

I wanna be your morning baby... 

 

The words flowed softly to him, as he picked out some chords on his 'borrowed' guitar (okay, as long as he returned it before Joshua noticed it was missing...), the portion of the lyrics he was supposed to be writing for their new song seemed to have some sort of personal resonance with him... 

 

I wanna be your morning baby...

 

The wild nights, and the bad boy vibes....he had done it so well, but yet there was something missing. Sure, there was the thrill in the chase, the intoxicating things they did...apparently he had nothing to complain about, this was the high time of his life, but...there was something different about wanting to be someone's night babe and their morning baby. He had wanted to be his morning baby...

There was a different feel, a different mood, a different intention, from being someone's late night goddess, to someone's early morning baby. Someone who wanted to stay the day after the night. Someone to wake up in the soft hours of the morning with...Jeonghan craved the lucid taste of simplicity...

 

It was yet another night, and he woke up with a parched throat, and the beginnings of a headache. Music from somewhere (probably the dodgy karaoke nightclub) was throbbing in his head. He saw the blurred form of the girl on the other side of the bed. She got up, her fingers accidentally brushing against him as she grabbed her clothes, muttering about leaving. He drew her in, gave her an intense kiss in the customary bad boy manner that would leave memories of their night together - it was so oblidgingly short and customary, before she departed and he was left with the empty room, the wrinkled bed sheets; and a craving for something more. 

 

I want to be your morning baby. 

 

The one you wake up to in the morning. Not the one you'll chase after in a nightclub. The one whose opinions and thoughts would matter to you most, not the one whose opinions and thoughts you didn't want to hear afterwards. Someone to come back to, not an elusive one-night-experiene. The one to give soft kisses in the morning with, not trade kisses of give and take. Someone you simply love to love, not love to hate. Someone you could hang out with, a voice of comfort, a listening hear in hard times, cracking jokes over the guitar...a yearning for something more, someone to be there in the morning...

His fingers found the wrinkled bedsheet covers, its dry cottony material so unyielding and solid between his finger and thumb, the stitches of the cover seemed to reflect a blank absence and vacancy. 

 

Beneath the dark thoughts, and the dark words, and the bad boy vibes that he did so well, there was something so yearning, so pressing, screaming to be heard but yet...

I want to be your morning baby 

He slammed it down and closed it off. Resumed his bad boy vibe, because sometimes life was easier to go with the flow, and in this case, being his morning baby was so out of the question it seemed simply easier...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Tbh I'm kind of disappointed with this one...so sorry :( It didn't turn out the way I thought it would inside my head, but yeah...it's inspired by the song "20" by seventeen, though it's really just that one line ('I want to be your morning baby') and even though it didn't exactly meet my standards (welp ><) I hope you enjoyed the read nonetheless. His morning baby isn't specified and its open to interpretation SO FEEL FREE TO INTERPRET IT WITH WHOEVER YOU SHIP HIM WITH!!!!!!!!!!! :) But I put some (slight) hints of a Jeonghanx[svnmember???] that I'm sorta into <3 :P