Valentine's Day

Chocolate Frog

Hum, hi? Did you forget about me? I'm sorry it took me sooo long to update this ;; I really apology for it, I just didn't feel like writing but I eventually did it !!! It's very late so I hope there is no english mistakes, I'll check tomorrow probably, again I'm sorry, and thanks for reading :) (I started writing this during February 14th that's why it inspired me... yes it took me a whole month to write all this lmao i feel so bad about the delay)

A week passed. Luhan acted like nothing happened, even if deep down all he had wanted to do all week was to ask Minseok why he had overreacted like that. But Minseok was distant. Not only from him but from all the group. If he used to spend a lot of time in the library he had reach a new level, so much that Jongdae had found a new joke about Minseok becoming a book himself - "they say you are what you eat and, clearly, that boy has been eating books all week" he had said with the most serious face but a sparkling light in his eyes – and Luhan had faked a little laugh just so his friend won't be too lonely. He was too concerned to laugh actually and he was trying hard to pretend not to be but he knew Yixing had caught him once or twice desperately looking if Minseok would cross the doors of the Great Hall and join them to eat. Which he never did. Not at all, all week.And when he discretely expressed his fears that Minseok was not eating, Jongdae mumbled something about house elves and tickling a pear that Luhan did not quite understood but since they were already changing the subject, he said nothing more. Of course the idea of going to see him at the library crossed the Slytherin's head, quickly pushed away by the thought of being rejected, again. The only thing that made him sure that Minseok had not turn into a book - "yet!"he could hear Jongdae saying – was when they hared a class, but still, the Ravenclaw always managed to get in to it just in time, to sit away from him, and to leave quickly.

And there he was, on an herbology class, that his house was sharing with the Hufflepuff, too busy to worry about Minseok to listen what his teacher was saying.

"So do you plan to ask him out today, finally?"

Luhan sighed. Yixing had been annoying him with that every time he had the chance to, since two days, for a reason, today was Valentine's Day.And hist best friend was sure that he had feelings for the Ravenclaw, he was harassing him with this question.

"Why would I?"

"Ah seriously, Luhan you're..."

The Slytherin pretended to be suddenly fascinated by the plant they had to study so he would not had to hear what the Hufflepuff was saying. Why would he be planning something for Valentine's Day, it was not like they were a couple or that he in love with Minseok... This day was for lovers, and it was definitely not their case. Yixing was making him so upset with this stupid question, he was so annoying, he could still hear him talking about a light on his eyes – was he even serious that was so cliché and cheesy – that apparently appeared every time he was looking at Minseok, and Luhan really wanted to focus on this plant, not on the Ravenclaw, but Yixing's voice still managed to reach his hears even when he was trying hard to listen to his teacher.

"...plus I'm sure he likes you too."

Upset, the Slytherin let go of the plant which fall on the floor. He heard his teacher yelling something but he did not mind.

"Hey be careful with these, they're fragile." Yixing said, picking up the plant.

"Don't talk about what you don't know okay?"

"Oh, I think I know lot more than you about plants, I don't wanna..."

"I'm not talking about your damn plant, I'm talking about Minseok!"

"What?!" 

Luhan took a deep breathe. 

"He does not like me, okay? So can we just stop talking about him?" 

Maybe it was thanks to his serious face and tone but, finally, Yixing nodded and never mentioned Minseok again during all the rest of the class. But the day was against Luhan. As it was Valentine's day, the castle was transformed for the occasion. Little cupids were flying in the corridors, throwing love letters to reunite lovers, sometimes it was on purpose, after a request, but sometimes it was totally random. They were also sending sticky magical hearts to everyone who had the bad luck to come too near. Even the characters on the paintings and the ghosts seemed all to be celebrating this day. Upset was not strong enough to describe Luhan's mood. All he wanted was this day to end. For a moment, he thought that, maybe, Yixing was right and that, still maybe, he would see Minseok today and something might happened, thought that made his heart flutter, but he erased this idea quickly. It was only false hopes and he hated that. However he could not totally forget about what the Hufflepuff had said, no matter how hard he tried. 

Dinner time eventually came. Tired of this day, Luhan decided to sit alone on Slytherin's table. He knew Yixing and his other friends were probably waiting for him but he did not care. After looking a moment for Minseok, he gave up and just ate silently. His only motivation was that this horrible day was ending soon so he swallowed his food and left the Great Hall quickly. He was near to his common room when somebody yelled his name. He first thought that it was in his head, especially that he had recognized the voice and it was just impossible that it was him, but then he heard his name again. He stopped and turned around. Minseok was standing at the other side of the corridor. He blinked once. Still there. He could not believe it. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"I was looking for you, Yixing told me you left when I came to the Great Hall, fortunately I caught you before you entered into your common room. Finding the password would have make everything more complicated!"

Luhan knew his friend was waiting for a reaction, maybe a laugh or a smile but he just frowned. He had not had any news from the Ravenclaw since a week and now he was showing up in front of him like nothing happened. 

"Anyway" Minseok said, seeing that the other one was not going  to answer, "Follow me."

He added a sign of the head and seemed to start walking but stopped as he realized Luhan was not following him at all.

"I was going to sleep, where do you wanna go?"

His friend suddenly looked very embarassed. He stayed silent for a few seconds, just like he was searching for his words. 

"Just, trust me?"

Luhan opened his mouth and then closed it. He wanted to say no. It was a bit easy to just come back after ignoring him for so long without any explanation. At the same time, he had missed him so much and it was so tempting to trust him. 

"Okay." 

He did not even realized that these words had crossed his lips. Minseok smiled, there was like an awkward second during which none of them knew what to do next that the Ravenclaw broke and started to walk. They quietly crossed the castle, going from the dungeons to the third floor, and when Luhan was asking where they were going, Minseok was just telling him that he will see soon enough. His friend eventually stopped in front of a one-eyed witch statue. 

"It's there." He said. 

"What?" 

Luhan saw on Minseok's eyes a playful light as he took out his wand out of his pocket. He put the wand on the hump. 

"Dissendium" he said while tapping it. 

The Slytherin was about to say something but the hump moved, interrupting him. Behind it, Luhan discovered what seemed to be a, very, small passage. He stared at it, completely lost. 

"You go first." 

He stared at Minseok for a moment, searching on his face if he really was serious or not. But there was nothing that led him to believe that he was joking, not a light on his eyes, not a little smile that he could be trying to hide, nothing. 

"What? Where?" he asked, hesitant. 

"You said you trust me, didn't you?" 

Luhan stayed silent for a second but he had no other choice and feeling the stare of Minseok on him convinced him. As he expected, the passage was very tight, someone taller than him could not managed pass into it. He had no idea of where he was going and even with all the trust he had into the Ravenclaw he was a bit scared. After what seemed to be an eternity, he finally get out of it. He was still in the dark but when his eyes finally get used to it, he understood he ended up in some kind of basement. It only took one minute for Minseok to get out of the passage, just like he did. 

"Where are we??" he almost yelled. 

Minseok put his finger on his lips. 

"Hush!" his friend whispered "Don't talk to loud, maybe someone could hear us."

"What do you mean hear us?" Luhan articulated, more quietly. 

But the other one did not even bother to answer. He made a light sign of the head, meaning that Luhan had to follow him, and he started to climb the stare that the Slytherin had not even notice before. He sighed but did not say anything more and did what the other one was asking. When he finally arrives at the top of the stairs, it was still very dark but there was something in the air that he was recognizing. Something familiar. Like as familiar very sweet atmosphere that he was used to feel during these past months. Minseok was just in front of him. He lighted up his wand and Luhan eventually found out where they were. 

"Honeydukes ?? Minseok why are we here, how did we...?"

"It's a secret passage ! I found it while searching for some stuffs in the library, you can't even imagine how many books they have there, it's like..."

Luhan could see in his eyes how excited he was just by talking about this and usually he would have been amazed by it, like that sparkling light in his eyes, he would have find it so beautiful and would have wish for it to never disappear, but right now, he wanted answers. 

"What are you doing?" he asked, maybe a bit too harshly. 

"Okay so..." the Ravenclaw started, suddenly confused and awkward "I wanted to tell you that I was sorry." he started "Sorry for the way I reacted the last time I saw you and also for... hm" 

He was avoiding any eye contact with him. 

"For how I ignored you after it." he finally managed to say. 

Luhan nodded. He had been a bit mad during all this week but now he was realizing that he had been more mad at himself than toward Minseok. He had been so sure that he had done something wrong but the fact that now his friend was apologizing for it was reassuring him.

"I didn't only read books this week..." continued Minseok "I figured out what I was feeling too."

He could hear his heart beating faster than usual. He wanted to say something but at the same he did not want to interrupt Minseok. He was feeling like everything was unreal. 

"I don't know how to say it..."

"I think I love you too." 

It had crossed Luhan's lips without any notice.

"W-what?"

Luhan started to freaked out, did he anticipate everything?

"Isn't what you were going to say?" he asked. 

He could guees how much Minseok was shaking just by seeing the light shaking too. 

"It.. it is." 

His heart missed a beat. 

"Luhan, I wanted you to forgive me for everything, and the first thing that came into my mind was chocolate frogs, like, you always bought it for me and I really wanted to make it up to you, so..."

He turned around, for a moment Luhan could not see what he was doing, and when he came back in front of him, he had something in the hand that was not holding his wand.   

"Here take those."

He put in the Slytherin's hands two chocolate frogs.

"Did you just steal those?" Luhan asked

Minseok looked very embarassed.

"Well, not really, I put the money on the counter, so I guess it's fine?"

Luhan could not help but laugh at it.

"Why are you laughing ? There is nothing funny !"

"It's just, all this, I..." he tried to articulate without any success.

"It's my Valentine's Day present." 

He stayed silent, absorbing everything Minseok had just say. 

"I love you, Luhan."

The Slytherin put the chocolate frogs on the counter, near to them, and then, took the wand out of Minseok's hands. He leaned over and gently kissed his lips, as he was doing it, he could feel the Ravenclaw smiling, it was the best sensation he had ever experiment. 

"Happy Valentine's day, Kim Minseok." he finally said when they broke the contact.