Lost Friend&Gained Rival

Searching For You

 

*Jimin POV* 

Korea... I smiled widely as I got off the plane. Seo Ha... I'm finally back... 15 years later. I fixed my jacket and went to catch my luggage. 

I pulled out my phone and smiled down at my mom's text. I wasn't able to receive it until I had landed. I smiled even wider and fought the urge not to jump with glee everytime I reminded myself that I was finally back in Korea. 

Once clearing the busy loading and unloading lobby, I sought out my luggage down stairs and left the airport, catching a taxi to get myself to my hometown. I doubt she still lives on that street but maybe her parents do, or Taehyung's. I'll go there first and if she isn't there, I'll turn the country upside down to find her. 

--

I noticed a car in the driveway and got a bit excited as I rushed to the front door, knocking. But the excitement drained when it wasn't anyone I recognized, but instead a grown woman with a baby in her arms. 

I felt a bit awkward and frowned. "Ah, hello..." 

"Who are you?" She raised her eyebrows, craddling the baby. 

I took off my sunglasses and slipped them into my jacket pocket, bowing stiffly. It's been so long since I had to bow to people... America's culture is so different. "I'm sorry. I thought someone else lived here. How long have you been living here, if I may ask?" 

"Oh we just moved in. The family that use to live here faced a tragic end, I hear." She frowned a bit. "Was it someone you knew?" 

"Tragic end? Ah, yes, I knew them before." 

"I don't know much about it, I'm sorry." She shook her head with a sigh. "I just know that the daughter sold us this house very willingly. She must be who you're looking for?" 

"Yes." 

"I wish I knew where she lived now but of course we wouldn't know who she is." She frowned again. 

"Thanks again." I bowed my head and left the house with a heavy heart. Let's check Taehyung's old house. I wonder what happened to Seo Ha's family. 

I jogged down the street, glancing at my old house with a smile as I passed it, and then ran up to the door, knocking quickly. 

I felt very relieved when his mother opened the door. She narrowed her eyes a bit, looking me over for a long time. "You look familiar." 

I broke into another wide smile. "Jimin. Park Jimin." 

Her eyes grew wide and she threw her arms around me. "Oh! The little boy is all grown up and so handsome!" She squealed. "Where did you go? Our Taehyung and Seo Ha were devastated. Oh, come in, come in!" 

She waved me in and held onto my arm as she lead me into the living room, seating me in a chair before seating herself on the sofa. 

"I moved to America... I came to say goodbye to Seo Ha before I left but she wasn't there and we were going to miss our flight... I didn't think I'd be gone so long but..." I hung my head a bit. 

"Oh... Wait." She sat up straight. "Speaking of Seo Ha... She was going to leave for America with Taehyung soon to look for you. I don't remember the day they leave..." 

I felt my stomach drop. "What?" 

"They found some old letters or something that Seo Ha's parents kept from her but when she replied, she received a call saying you moved. So, Taehyung came up with the idea to go look for you." So it wasn't Taehyung on the phone with me when I tried calling her. I wonder who that was... Whoever it was had blocked my number or something cause I couldn't call or text the number any longer. 

"Wouldn't let her see?" 

"You know Seo Ha's parents, or at least her mother. They wanted her to marry Taehyung so when you were gone, they were happy. They must've hid them to keep the contact to nothing, not thinking of their daughter." 

"You wanted Taehyung to marry Seo Ha as well, didn't you?" I laughed a bit, worried they have already left for America. 

"I still do." She giggled a bit. "You remember so much even though you were so young." 

"I do." I smiled again. 

"My Taehyung and my dear Seo Ha have grown so close over the years. Just a few days ago they were cuddled up and passed out on the sofa here." She smiled to herself. "They say they aren't a couple but they even live together now. A spark is bound to be lit soon if it hasn't already!" 

I clasped my hands together, a bit heavy hearted. Of course she wouldn't wait. We were to young to love when we knew each other... I just wish it wasn't Taehyung. If I hadn't left back then... Would I be where Taehyung is now? Or was it fate for them to end up together? Why am I thinking of this...? I shouldn't even be thinking such thoughts. "If you don't mind, where do they live?" 

She got up and then came back a moment later with a sticky note. "This is the address. Hopefully they haven't left yet or else they would have wasted a bunch of money. Well, they'd still have a vacation so I guess it isn't completely wasted." 

I stood up and bowed my head. "I'll take my leave now. I'll gladly come back later and talk with you about my time in America over dinner if you'd like." 

"Sure, sure. I doubt you have anywhere to stay so feel free to stay with us." 

I nodded and took my leave, sprinting down the street to get to the car I had rented out. Please be there. Please don't be in America... How unlucky must I get before something good happens? 

--

I knocked on the door, getting an ill feeling in my heart from the dark house. I turned the knob, expecting it to be locked, but it was unlocked. "Kang Seo Ha?" I looked around the dark house as I called out. "Kim Taehyung?" 

My voice echoed back at me and I got a bit nervous. They left... Didn't they? I searched around in other houses and noticed how empty the house was, a sticky note left on the fridge.

Ms. Kim

In case you come over to bring us your extra side dishes like usual, Tae and I have left for America to find Jimin.
Remember when I told you about looking for Jimin? I didn't actually think Tae would make the amount to search for him in America.
Funny right? Well, we'll be back in a month or so. We'll be staying in a residential motel for the month. We found the cheapest one we could.
Plus, we're both pretty wealthy so if anything, his parents have our backs. 
I wasn't able to tell you before we left so I'm leaving this here so you don't leave your food here to grow old! 
Thanks for all those meals... By the way. They are really good. 

~ Seo Ha
AND TAE 

They already left... For a month... 

I kicked the fridge a bit and let my head fall back to the ceiling as I let out a really loud sigh. "I just got here for you, Seo Ha." 

I glanced around the dark house and found a light switch, switching it on. Should I just stay here for a little bit? I'm really tired from the flight and it's already pretty dark... Seo Ha and Taehyung wouldn't mind. 

I went out to the rentle car and grabbed my luggage, pulling in a few bags at a time. I packed pretty much all of my belongings that I could yet it wasn't all that much. 

I'll just stay here for tonight and then visit Taehyung's family. 

Ah... Seo Ha... Why must you be so complicated? 

*End of Jimin POV* 

--

I spread my arms up towards the brilliant blue sky. "Taeeeeee~" I squealed. "We're in America!" 

He couldn't contain his excitement any longer and the two of us bounced around the airport like idiots, ignoring the stares we got. 

We stopped and then giggled at each other. "Let's get our luggage and find out how to get to the motel we were looking at." Taehyung suggested. 

"Deal!" 

I'm here Jimin! I'm ready to begin my search for you...

And my vacation time with Tae!

--

"Tae?" I looked around the crowded street, a bit panicked. We were headed to Jimin's old house to see if we could meet anyone that knows of Jimin when Taehyung suddenly disappeared from my side. "Tae?!" 

I glanced around, the panic rising quickly as people pushed around me. Where did this idiot go? I decided to get out of the crowd and sat on a bench placed in front of a Starbucks cafè. 

After a little while, Taehyung sprinted towards me in a panic and huffing. 

I stood and hit his shoulder. "YAH! Where did you go?" 

"I thought you left me! The crowds pulled us apart." He frowned, rubbing his shoulder. 

"Ah whatever, we need to make it to Jimin's old house and start asking before we go do something fun." 

"Such pointless acts." He mumbled to himself but nodded. 

"What is pointless, huh? We're here because of you!" I grabbed onto his hand and entwined my fingers with his. "We won't get separated like this, okay?" 

He smiled widely and giggled. "Seo Ha's holding my hand." 

I laughed and we started walking again, our hands holding tight onto the other to stay together. 

We ended up only having to ask for directions once but it didn't matter because in the end, we made it. 

"Now what?" Taehyung huffed a bit, bored already. 

"We ask some of the neighbors." 

Taehyung let go of my hand and glanced around. "I don't think anyone is going to know where Jimin went." 

"Then what was the point of us coming to America to look?" I placed my hands on my hips, furrowing my eyebrows. 

"Alright, alright." He sighed, pointing to the house a crossed the street from Jimin's old house. "Let's go ask them. They're outside anyways." 

I nodded and we made our way over there. I didn't dare cross into their yard and instead just called out to them. 

I got their attention and the two women came over to us. "Do you need something?" One with blonde hair asked. 

"We have a question." I spoke slowly in English, not being able to control the accent that popped out with it. "Will you be willing to answer?" 

She nodded. "If it is in my capability." 

"Do you happen to know the old resident that lived in that house?" I pointed to his old house. "Park Jimin?" 

"Park... Jimin?" She gave a confused look. "I don't know if that was his name but a couple and their son did live there." 

"Yes, yes, that's who I mean, Park Jimin." 

The other lady with brown hair chimed in this time, "Wasn't the boy's name Brian? Brian Park? Not this Park Jimin?"

"Yes, the boy's name was Brian." The blonde nodded. "He was really sweet and hardworking." 

"Brian?" I raised an eyebrow. "Brian Park?" 

I looked to Taehyung but he just shrugged. "Maybe they gave him an American name?" 

"Uhm," I turned back to the ladies. "Were they from Korea?" 

"Well they were from overseas, yes, but we weren't close enough to know where they moved from." 

"It is Jimin then. Do you happen to know where they moved to?" 

She shook her head. "Like I said, we weren't close enough for that stuff." 

"Do you know anyone that was close enough?" 

"Actually, I do." The brown haired girl spoke up, pulling out her phone. "Brian use to hang out with a kid named Asher, Asher was my little brother's friend as well. I have his number if you'd like to contact him or my brother." 

"Both please." I nodded, excited. 

"Can I see your phone? I'll put in the two numbers for you." She smiled. 

I nodded again and let her handle my phone, watching her carefully as she inputed the two numbers. "Thank you." I bowed slightly and then stopped myself, blushing hard from the embarrassment. 

She handed the phone back and smiled again. "I hope you find who you're looking for." 

"Thank you." I repeated and turned to Taehyung, trying to hold in my excitement. "We got leads, Tae!" 

He looked hesitant but he managed a wide smile. "Let's go somewhere and give them a call. I'm hungry." 

"Deal!" 

We made our way back the way we came and wandered until we found the Starbucks we were at earlier, seating ourselves down inside. 

"You go order, I'm giving them a call." 

"Okay." Taehyung sighed and got back up, going to the counter. 

I called the one labeled 'Asher' first. He didn't answer though so I called the other one labeled 'Dan' but he didn't answer either. I frowned a bit and put my phone down. I'll call again later. They must be busy. 

Taehyung returned with the drinks and smiled. "Get a hold of them?" 

I shook my head. "Neither of them responded." 

Taehyung nodded a bit. "We'll just have to wait for them to respond. They will sooner or later." 

"I agree. Let's go somewhere tomorrow and have fun, like you wanted to do, okay?" I smiled as well. 

He got excited. "Where?" 

"Hm... A water park? That sounds really fun." 

"Yes!" He nodded vigorously. 

"Then we'll do that." I laughed. "Let's finish up our search for today and get some sleep for tomorrow." 

"Deal."

--

*Jimin's POV* 

"Could I have Taehyung's number?" I asked his mother as I visited again. "I have Seo Ha's but for some reason, I was blocked. They didn't believe me and probably thought I was spam, but Taehyung would know better, I'm sure." 

She nodded, going to write down his cellphone number down on a sticky note and handing it to me. "Good luck. I hope you visit for dinner again soon. Staying at Seo Ha's is the best place for you to wait since you can't miss her." 

I nodded and went back to my rental car, getting in quickly and dialing the number. Screw the cost for international calls. 

Taehyung answered quickly, his voice groggy. Time zone... Oops.. "Hello? This is Kim Taehyung." 

"Tae, it's past 10pm, why are you answering the phone?" Seo Ha's groggy voice was heard as well and my heart skipped a bit. 

"Taehyung!" I spoke quickly. 

"What? Who are you?" I listened as he moved and shut a door, assuming that he left the room Seo Ha was in. Were they sleeping together..? Are they actually a couple? 

"Jimin, Park Jimin!" 

"Park Jimin..?" He hissed quietly. His voice sounds similar to the one who answered Seo Ha's phone though... 

"Yes!" I got excited. "I'm back in Korea but I heard you two are in America looking for me. Can you get Seo Ha on the phone?" 

He was silent for a while so that I could only hear is ragged breathing, very vaguely though. 

"Taehyung?" 

"I'd like it if you stopped looking for Seo Ha." He spoke under his breath. 

"What?" My heart fell a bit. "Why? We're all friends." 

"We used to be friends. If you come back now, do you know how shaken up Seo Ha would be?" 

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Aren't you with her to help look for me?" 

He stayed silent a bit. "It's because I feel guilty. For not telling her you called.. And for not telling her in the future." 

"What?" 

"I don't want you to find Seo Ha." Taehyung was getting frustrated. 

"Taehyung..." Taehyung doesn't view me as a friend like he used to.. This is causing a problem.. 

"I'll say it one more time..." He sounded hesitant again. "Don't look for Seo Ha." 

He hung up, leaving me speechless. Don't look for Seo Ha? I laughed a bit to myself and threw my phone into the other seat, hitting my palms on the wheel a few times. Taehyung... What a jerk move. I'll continue to look for Seo Ha until I find her. 

I never saw that you'd be the one to stand in my way. 

I'll throw away our past friendship, just like you did, and search for Seo Ha on my own. 

If you get in my way... I'll easily get rid of you. 

 

~PandaBiscuit~