ch 3

the other side

 
burn you to ashes
"we can be selfish when it comes to love"
~ Soonyoung

“Seokmin-ah!” Somebody called out, catching Seokmin’s attention. He turned his head towards the direction of the door, face brightening up in recognition as soon as his eyes landed on the person

 

“Soonyoung-hyung!” Seokmin exclaims as he salutes, Soonyoung practically bouncing towards the younger after closing the door of the clubroom behind him, failing to notice it was left ajar

 

“Yo~ do you wanna hear some news about our prince?” Soonyoung giddily asked. Seokmin’s eyes sparkled after hearing his hyung's words, excited to hear anything related to their prince

 

“What is it hyung? Please tell me!”

 

Soonyoung smiled knowingly (trying to suppress his giggles) before schooling his face to something akin to seriousness- more businesslike. Soonyoung leaned in to Seokmin, as if the whole school will hear what he’s about to tell the latter even if they’re alone in the clubroom (since it's still a bit early for club activities to start).

 

Soonyoung began telling Seokmin details of what Joshua did in class (even down to the most mundane things) which Seokmin took in with great fervor. When Soonyoung finished his story he paused, thinking if he should tell Seokmin the juiciest part, the serious part.

 

“Well, I saw Wonwoo and prince Joshua talking inside the classroom this morning.” Soonyoung looked at Seokmin’s face, gauging his reaction before continuing “I think they had an argument because they did not talk after that conversation,” Soonyoung stated in a serious voice, it was Seokmin’s turn to look at his hyung and what he saw confirmed what he just thought

 

Soonyoung’s face was scrunched in bitterness and a tinge of anger, Seokmin felt slightly worried and alarmed because he never saw his hyung get angry, even the slightest, ever

 

“Ummm… Are you alright hyung?” Seokmin worriedly asked

 

Soonyoung was brought out of his thoughts, meekly nodding at his dongsaeng's concern. He put both of his hands inside his pockets, hiding his clenched fists from Seokmin before forcing a smile on his face.

 

 

“I am, thanks Seok, but I don’t know if you’d want to hear what exactly happened.” Soonyoung gave him a grave look, Seokmin gulped but he braved himself.

 

“Please tell me.”

 

Soonyoung nodded, taking a deep breath.

 

“Well, from what I've heard, I think Wonwoo implied that Joshua did it with his roommate, Choi Seungcheol.” Soonyoung can feel his stomach churning yet again, while Seokmin’s jaw dropped because that's something he didn't expect at all, he felt a bit faint.

 

Soonyoung gave Seokmin a pat on his shoulder, trying to sympathize because they both knew that they're on the same boat.

 

“Well, Wonwoo saw the bruises on Joshua’s neck, heck— I saw it too! And there’s also a cut on his lips if I'm not mistaken but what we’re not sure of is whether they actually did it or not.”

 

“We didn’t” a voice said that didn't belong to any of them said. Soonyoung and Seokmin broke out in a cold sweat because they know whose voice that belongs to. They simultaneously turned their heads toward the door, and there, Joshua stoodd, looking at them with a blank look.

 

Both men gulped, unable to utter a word since they were actually caught talking about him, not to mention that issue! Soonyoung and Seokmin both wished for the ground to just swallow them whole.

 

Seeing both of their horrified expression, a smirk appears on Joshua's face “did it answer your question?”

 

After a few seconds of no response, Soonyoung tried to find his ability to speak again, “ummm, we're sorry pr— Joshua! We didn’t mean to talk behind you nor even spread rumors about you. We were just—” at this point Soonyoung knew he was blabbering, bless Joshua for cutting him off, he didn't really mind that

 

“I know. You don’t need to explain anything to me, it’s fine.” Joshua gave them a small smile, looking so innocent now that the smirk is nowhere to be found

 

Both visibly relaxed and let out a sigh of relief, they're okay now, right?

 

“But I need to make sure that you wouldn’t speak of it, right?” Joshua suddenly broke the moment, shutting the door close behind him; locking it in the process— Soonyoung and Seokmin looked at each other in confusion, are they not done yet? If it were on normal occasion, both might've felt elated that they're breathing the same stale air of the clubroom with Joshua but right now? It felt suffocating.

 

“I need to seal your lips…”

 

Both stared at Joshua in anticipation, feeling nervous because of Joshua’s words but what the older said next was something they didn’t expect

 

“...with a kiss.”

 

Seokmin thought his heart exploded and he can definitely say the same for Soonyoung. Joshua trudged towards them, both frozen on their spots, unable to look away from Joshua’s mesmerizing gaze. He looks too beautiful for their own good and Seokmin cannot help but ask the heaven if Joshua’s even real? He looks too ethereal for him to be walking around on the same building as them, or even the surface of the Earth. "Joshua is someone who doesn't belong in this world" he mused.

 

They’re bewitched and Seokmin thought he didn't mind.

 

Joshua stopped in front of Soonyoung, looking at his face for a few good seconds before leaning in, closing the gap between them. Soonyoung honestly felt like he's in heaven, he won't call it exagerration though because it’s like he can practically feel the clouds because of Joshua’s soft lips. The softness was replaced with something slick when Joshua the younger’s bottom lip, goading him to allow the latter some entrance which the younger willingly gave. Soonyoung had to put both of his hands on Joshua’s shoulder for he could feel his knees going weak; his usually strong knees which allow him to perform very well when he’s dancing have gone totally weak because of Joshua.

 

The power he has over him was absolute.

 

Seokmin watched the two kiss, feeling like an intruder but for some reason, he did not look away because he realized that he can’t. Seokmin watched as Joshua settles his hands on Soonyoung’s hips, pulling the latter closer to him to feel him up. When Soonyoung relaxed into the kiss, Seokmin knew that his hyung is already fighting for dominance against Joshua, which he successfully did within seconds as Joshua allowed him to lead— to dominate him. Soonyoung’s hands slid down to Joshua’s waist, while Joshua’s arms wrapped around Soonyoung’s neck. Soonyoung was enjoying far too much that he forgot about Seokmin, forgetting the fact that he must be hurting him.

 

We can be selfish when it comes to love.

 

Soonyoung didn’t feel an ounce of guilt because finally, Joshua’s in his arms. Besides, he’d always shared Joshua with Seokmin that right now, all he can think of is seize the opportunity to claim Joshua as his, only his, even for a short period of time. Joshua abruptly pulled away which left Soonyoung in a daze and craving for more, feeling incomplete yet again for the lost of contact. Joshua winked at him before turning to Seokmin.

 

Joshua backed Seokmin up the wall, giving him a smile before doing the same thing that he did to Soonyoung. Seokmin savored Joshua’s taste, making him greedy as Joshua teases him even more. Seokmin switched their positions, now dominating Joshua which the latter allows just like with Soonyoung, humming in contentment in between their kisses. Joshua tangled his hands in Seokmin’s hair, tugging at it as he enjoy the feel of Seokmin’s lips upon his. Seokmin wrapped his arms around Joshua’s waist, wanting to feel everything that he used to dream about.

 

Now, it has become a reality that he would surely remember vividly once everything comes to a stop. He has to take everything that’s being offered to him. It’s now or never.

 

When both of them used up all the oxygen inside their lungs, Seokmin knew everything has come to an end. Joshua held the side of his face, caressing it with his warmth before gently pushing him away.

 

“I just decided that I won’t be attending club activities today, can you please tell Jihoon-ah, Seokmin?”

 

Seokmin meekly nodded, watching Joshua leave without even asking why.

 

Soonyoung realized that he should be leaving soon for his own club activities, after all, he’s the president of the performance club. But just like Seokmin, he stared at the direction where Joshua just left.

 

Joshua’s presence still lingers. Leaving dreams fulfilled, and heart wanting more in his wake.

 

The two sighed in unison.

 


 

 

Jisoo, watch me ruin you.

 
the writer's words

Time for me to burn in hell. OMG IM SORRY. I thought this was a good idea before but now...? Idk (I thought it'd be a total waste to just throw it away though)... lol. drink holy water!

 

//runs away

< MrsHongJisoo >