Prolog

You Are My Everything

April 2009 

 

Joojin sat in her apartment, with two things in her hands. Her acceptance letter to Culinary Institute of America and a tiny tube. It was just 20 minutes ago, that she just found out that she was expecting. Hearing the beep from her door, she looked up and took a deep breath and let it out slowly.  

 

 

"It's going to be okay..." Joojin said, getting nervous, she quickly hid the tube under the couch pillow. The door opened and she sat up from the couch.  

 

"Oppa!"Joojin said, smiling and  reached out for him. Gong yoo smiled and reach for her hand. He then pulled her into a hug.  

"Agi, today was not a good day."He told her, pulling her in closer towards him. Joojin smiled against his chest, inhaling that delicious scent on him. Then she looked up and gave him a sheepish smile. 

 

"Oppa, I have something to show you..."Joojin said, taking a seat and pulling him with her. Gong yoo frowned as he took a seat next to her. Slowly, Joojin picked up the large envelope that was in front of her and then handed it to him. She watched him read the front of envelope. Her heart started to race, as he opened the tab and took out the documents.  

 

"What is this? She heard him say. Her smile dropped, as he had a angry reflection in his face.  

"It's... it's my acceptance letter. To finish my school.Joojin said, stuttering. He slammed the papers down, and sat up.  

"Buwah?! Finish school? I thought that you were finish with school?!"He yelled. Joojin frowned and sat up.  

 

"Is it a crime, to further my education?!"Joojin yelled. Gong yoo rubbed his temples with his hands, and looked at her.  

"Agi, how long will you be gone?"He asked, calmly. Joojin sighed, and took a deep breath. Then letting it out slowly.  

"A year and a half, ."She told him.  

 

"Buwah?!"He yelled again, and walked to the middle of the room. Joojin sighed, and followed him.  

"Oppa, why are you getting mad? I thought you would be happy? You know that this is my dream!"Joojin yelled.  
"Happy? How can I be happy, when you are going to leave me for a year?"Gong yoo yelled back. Joojin frowned. 

 

"Gong Ji-chul! Why can't you be happy for me and support me? That's all I'm asking!"Joojin yelled.  

"You, are NOT going to America!"He yelled.  

"And why not! It's not like I'm going to cheat on you!"She yelled back. Then she watched, as he took his things and turned towards her.  

"Fine, go to your school, but don't expect me to be there..."He told her, and walked out the door...