Chapter 1

Who?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua woke up at 5:00 am to his loud alarm. He shove his right hand under his pillow and pulled out his phone to shut off the alarm with his eyes squinted at the brightness. He stretched lazily before his left hand reaching out the small lamps on his left besides the bed to switch off his lights. Looking around his room covered with a dim light beautifully, his body remain on the bed while his minds immediately went to remember the event where he got the lamps that placed besides his bed. Yes, he definitely lives alone here because his parents are working in States, so there’s no one living in with him in this big house his parents give him even if there’s another 2 free rooms. He then glanced back to the lamps, the first gift he got ever since he moved in Korea to pursue his studies in his hometown. A strange gifts by someone he didn’t know.

(Flashback)

5 Months ago…

“Bye, see you tomorrow Josh~” Jeonghan waved his left hands bidding me goodbye before disappeared behind the bushes between yards in front of the house. I grinned happily because it’s been 2 week since I moved here and I already meet someone special called best friend. I mean, it’s rare to ever have a special friends in States because I’m an introvert kinda person.

I slip in the keys before sliding quietly inside the house. I walk into the kitchen only to find that almost all the ingredients to cook for lunch is about to run out. Quickly grabbed the white note on the counter, I list down what ingredients need to buy this evening and clip it down for reminder.

I walk up the stairs to go to the bedroom of mine to wash up real quick. I open the window slightly for air before flopping down on the bed tiredly. I look around my room until my eyes land on something unfamiliar besides my bed. My eyes ball out frantically at the sight of a very unfamiliar lamps on the small rack besides my bed.

“W…Who?? Who…put this…here…?” I stuttered quite loud on my own. Slowly reaching out for the lamps, I look closely to observe the lamps before my hands land to touch something behind it. It’s a note! Taking it without thinking further…

-Hi Jisoo-ah, how’s your day going? Is it great? I miss you even if I get to see you every day, because I can’t touch you by myself and I hate that. But it’s okay, I’ll get to touch you later, for now just think of me every day before you start your day with this beautiful lamps. I know you’re afraid of darkness because you always sleep with lights on. Don’t throw this out or I’ll know about it. This is a secret between us, you don’t need to tell everyone. Love you-

“Ho…How?” I frighteningly throw out the note into the trash bin. I pulled myself into the bed and hide under the blanket and tried to sleep till I woke up the next day. I didn’t even get to eat that day because of fears, what frightened him the most is that the person has his own house key. But no matter what happen, I need to go to school to show that I’m not easily wavered or weak by the event that encountered the day before. That’s how I survived even if I still can’t shake the fears off my head.

(End of Flashback)

I walk down the corridor toward my classroom with talkative Jeonghan and Dokyeom besides me. I arrived in school in one piece thankfully. I still didn’t mention about the constant disturbance from the mysterious person I got after the first gift and note 5 months ago toward them yet. Since the first note by the stranger who I didn’t even know the gender yet, there’s another 3 gifts other than the lamps given to me. First is wrist watch for me to keep in track with time and going home early (because my wrist watch is broken, so I didn’t bring it in to Korea), second is an umbrella because it’s raining heavily one of the day on May, that lunatic put it in front of my room. The latest “gift” I got is in mid-July is a guitar, because that stranger actually know that my specialty is in playing the guitar. I can’t let Jeonghan and Dokyeom know about my problems or they’ll get worried over it if that person ever know that I told about it to everyone. I need to quiet down about this to stay safe. I let myself in a deep thought that I didn’t even realize that Jeonghan and Dokyeom keep calling my name to break the silence from me.  

“Hey Josh, are you okay?” Dokyeom ask me while Jeonghan just nodded along. I smiled toward them indicating that I’m fine and they just shrugged it off before continue their babbling a while ago until we enter the classroo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter