Part 1

With Just One Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Anything wrong, Dara?" Donghae encircled his arms around me from my back and kissed me by my shoulder.

 

"Nothing."

 

"Nothing? You have been quiet ever since you got home. I know that something is bothering you and you need to tell me what that is."

 

"I said nothing, didn't I?!"

 

Regret comes over me quickly after realizing what I just did. An overwhelming pain resides in my heart as my eyes set on his shaken expression.

 

What are you doing, Sandara? Stop thinking about Jiyong and that incident earlier. Are you going to let it keep on bothering you and go against your own judgement? It has been pointed to you that it was a mistake, and it will remain as that.

It's Donghae that is with you right now, the very same person who you started loving ever since the time you both first met.

 

"Sorry, Donghae. I'm just stressed about everything from work."

 

He dragged a chair and sat on it to my front, "It's okay. Is it about what you and Jiyong conversed about? Why did he even asked you to stay in the office anyway?"

 

I was not able to utter any word and just remained silent.

 

“Fine, I will not ask you anymore, it’s that personal privacy, I understand.”

 

I cannot help anymore and smiled, “What’s with you? You’re acting nosy.” I .

 

“Nosy?” he asked in disbelief but then it was my turn to be bewildered when he suddenly pinched my nose, “Whatever Dara.”

 

“That hurts!” I voiced out my complaint as I massage my abused nose. “I cannot believe you.”

 

“It’s our day-off tomorrow, isn’t it?” Donghae asked out of the blue, “Since we don’t have anything to do, I uh… Let’s uh…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Let’s go on a date. Y-you know, spend some quality time, just you and I?”

 

I was not able to contain my laugh at his wincing expression as he awaits for my answer, “We have dated numerous times already, yet you keep on being shy every time you ask me out. Lee Donghae is such a cutiepie!”

 

He pretended to shrug off my remark, “We’ll have our date tomorrow then?” I nodded with enthusiasm, “How about we go biking?”

 

“At night!”

 

“Sounds cool. Now how about sleeping since its 10 p.m. already?”

 

“I still don’t feel sleepy at all!”

 

“No, if you don’t sleep this instance we’ll not have our date tomorrow, understand?”

 

“Fineee—“ he grabbed me by my arm and then pulled me to kiss me on my forehead.

 

“Goodnight, Sandara.”

 

“Goodnight too, Donghae. Be careful on your way home.”

 

“I will be. Do not forget to double check the locks of your doors and windows. I’ll be going out now.”

 

Now I have got to set my resolve straight. Distinguish carefully what is right from what is wrong. Donghae is what is right for me and what happened between Jiyong and I earlier was purely acted out of impulse, nothing more to it, nothing more.

 

I entered the bathroom and washed my face. I stared at my reflection on the mirror who is looking very gaunt.

 

What do I really feel for Jiyong?

 

Why am I going back to that? Haven't I made myself clear? Nothing happened when we talked earlier. He even said it himself, just forget everything, Sandara. Just forget.

 

Donghae and I got off our bikes and walked while dragging it along by our side as we need to take a short break.

 

"Where should be go next?" He asked.

 

"Let's decide on that later, we need to eat first, I'm completely starving!"

 

"Right! I could hear your stomach growling wild a while ago."

 

"Nonsense, my stomach did not growl-- Well yeah, okay, it did. Let's get food quickly!"

 

I was put into a halt when I felt my phone vibrated - someone must have texted me. I fished my phone out of my pocket to see the message I have received.

 

My eyebrows furrow in deep confusion, an unexplainable warmth revels inside my system as I read.

 

"Hey, is there something wrong?" Donghae approached me, "Who messaged you?"

 

I immediately hid my phone from him, "Uh, no. It's nothing to worry about at all, just some scamming text."

 

"Seriously? Just when will that kind of scheme stop?" He complained meanwhile guilt conquers my whole being because of lying to him. "Let's keep going along then?"

 

You're the one who said to forget and I'm really exerting all my efforts just so I could, but how come you're the one who's approaching me now and saying that you need me?

 

Why are you making things so complicated Jiyong?

 

"I've changed my mind. I want to go to Cakeshop instead." I shifted unconsciously out of nervousness. Donghae raised a brow by the mention of the famous club. He knows me well enough that I hate such rowdy places.  

 

He paused for a while scrutinizing me and my choice. "Cakeshop? Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah, I am."

 

Donghae sighed in resignation, "Okay, if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter