1/2

Four-Leaf Clover
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

❝ You are my Lover among countless people, I was lucky to find your four-leaf Clover. ❞

 

 

 

==

 

 

 

 

“This article is calling you gay”

 

Chanyeol laughed out loud, he had just randomly stumbled upon the article, and after reading the contents, he decided to give his friend a call. Holding the phone with his other hand, he leaned back on his seat trying to calm himself down. “This is the funniest I’ve ever read”

 

Chanyeol was both honored and confused, wondering as to why he received his very own ‘scandal’ as they call it. He believed that he was not interesting enough to be given as such. Well partly, since he was also very aware with how his current work had been receiving so much love than what he had expected.

 

“right. I’m telling you now before you get any ideas, cuz we both know how your dumb yet genius brain works. I don’t care if you’re gay or not, there are other things in life I’d rather pay attention to, like reminding your sorry about the deadline.”

 

Chanyeol snorted loudly. Of course his friend would say that, Chanyeol knew him all too well. As expected from his friend slash editor.

 

And now back to the source of their entertainment.

 

Last time Chanyeol checked, his past relationship was with a girl. So he really doesn’t know what ignited the journalist to write such a thing. A click-bait it seemed. Neither does he plan to confirm nor deny the ridiculous gossip, he’ll leave it to their imaginative minds.

 

Besides, Chanyeol would probably forget the whole thing. It was pure bull if he may say so himself. And like what Kyungsoo said, there are other things in life he needed to focus on.

 

He has work needed to finish before deadline. He’s even willing to pull a college thesis mode of some sort where night will be always day, coffee is his best friend, and sleep is for the weak.

 

“Good luck. Work hard, but don’t forget to rest, Chanyeol.”

 

“I will. Thanks Kyungsoo, see you in two weeks” He ended the call, amused smile still lingered on his lips as his eyes landed on the screen of his laptop

 

Rising manhwa author Park Chanyeol is gay?

 

Right. Chanyeol himself doesn’t even know if he has a certain preference. All he knew is that love has no boundary and everyone can love anyone freely.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

==

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took him a few more weeks before he could finally take a rest and relax. It was true that people with a work like him get very stressed out over deadlines, not to mention, it was hard, the feeling of wanting to give up ‘every damn time’ he would say. Yet in the end, it would all be worth it. Nothing can really beat the feeling of achievement when doing something that he love.

 

‘Like what they always say, if you do what you love.. you’ll never work a day in your life’ Chanyeol thought.

 

His eyes went back to Kyungsoo’s message, who had informed him that everything was doing well. His manhwa, Mouse in the Trap, has been finally finished.

 

He started a year ago and although late, the unexpected recognition was still something Chanyeol have not been expecting and was still adjusting to.

 

The idea of conducting a fan meet and fan signing event had been both in his and Kyungsoo’s mind recently (which really was his friend’s initial idea). It may also be a good opportunity for Chanyeol to announce his future plan for another manhwa that had been playing on his mind for months now, even while he was still working on Mouse in the Trap.

 

‘Well what can I say, I love to create’ he thought as he let his eyes close, reminiscing what sparked the idea of the new manhwa he’d been planning to do.

 

Or rather, who

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was drizzling outside, back then. The weather was gloomy and it was making him sleepy. It was also unfortunate (yet not unwelcomed) that his sweet tooth was acting up. The last one was mostly the reason why Chanyeol had dropped all his works, leaving his studio and instead dressed himself up in record time to go around to satisfy his cravings. It easily distracted him and he needed to think straight in order to continue with the chapter he was working on.

 

Too lazy to search for an umbrella, Chanyeol ran to the nearest café from his rented apartment. He considered the café as his sanctuary, the café was the place where one can find the most delicious red velvet cake he had ever tasted in his whole life, subjectively speaking (not like he tasted so many before). And not to mention, the owner was a longtime friend of his

 

 

 

 

“Hey Chanyeol! I see you’ve come out from the cave!”

 

“You know me hyung, can’t be a caveman forever, gotta need to see the sunlight from time to time!”

 

 

 

 

He was settled on his seat, a small plate of red velvet cake in front of him. The sweet was doing wonders as Chanyeol’s mind started gearing up.

 

Maybe it was just him, but he had the idea that his mind could work more easily if sugar was involved. Was it the truth or was it an excuse? Chanyeol didn’t know.

 

Besides, it was a great distraction since he’d been having a hard time continuing with a chapter recently, a writer’s block, probably. No amount of fan’s comments or news articles were giving him the ideas he needed this time and it was something he disliked to feel.

 

Fork in mouth, Chanyeol let his eyes scan his surroundings. There were a few people inside the café. Looking from the window, he could see that the drizzling didn’t stop, still. People were running, probably finding shelter for when the drizzle go worse and turn to rain.

 

Momentarily distracted, he accidentally smeared the icing on his shirt, groaning Chanyeol searched for a napkin but there was none on his table. So he stood up, walking to the counter and requesting for one. After thanking his hyung, he cleaned the spot on his shirt, carelessly turning around, and almost bumping into someone.

 

Chanyeol looked up to apologize.

 

His voice however retreated back to his vocal cords.

 

For a lack of better word, Chanyeol was stunned.

 

Standing in front of him was someone who looked like he came straight out of a magazine, with his unruly dark hair that somehow, still looked great on him. Tall nose, a natural pink lips and sharp eyes that was looking at him apologetically. He was beautiful yet still handsome as the masculinity he exuded was very apparent.

 

Chanyeol was in awe, he can’t find himself to say anything and instead, the guy apologized with a rueful smile.

 

“I’m here!”

 

The attractive man and Chanyeol both turned to their heads to the sudden voice and-

 

Chanyeol muttered a curse under his breath.

 

If the person from before was beautiful, the one that arrived right now was downright gorgeous.

 

‘It’s not only that.’ Chanyeol thought

 

A mop of messy blonde hair, cute button nose, pouty lips parted a little trying to catch some breath. His cheeks were flushed pink probably from the running his short legs had made and his eyes. God his eyes, they were hauntingly beautiful.

 

To sum it up, he was much– much –more.

 

And Chanyeol was captivated.

 

“breathtaking” he uttered his thoughts aloud

 

Both heads turned to him for a brief moment, probably wondering who he was talking to. Chanyeol felt himself turn a light shade of pink, having caught with his staring and mumbling. He only let out an awkward small smile before retreating back to his previous table.

 

Sitting down, he tried to watch the two strangers’ interaction as little as possible, not wanting to be labeled as creep.

 

But somehow, he can’t stop himself from looking at the shorter boy. Even his voice was something Chanyeol can’t stop himself from listening to, going as far as leaning his body a bit forward.

 

There was an inexplicable pull. Something about this boy was drawing him in.

 

And that was when it hit him. This boy was what he was looking for.

 

His muse.

 

He found his muse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as he got home that day, he started a rough sketch of what was ingrained in his mind. He drew him as close as to what his mind could remember. He realized later on that the character he created didn’t fit in his current, so he placed the sketch aside for later. But it didn’t mean that the small inspiration did not help, it still managed to help him move forward with Mouse on the Trap.

 

And besides, creating a new story inspired by his muse didn’t sound all too bad to Chanyeol at all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

==

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol hoped to see him again.

 

However, a few months had already passed and there was not even a single sight of the beautiful boy.

 

Slowly, the image Chanyeol have of him started to blur, he didn’t want to let go, the image of his muse was leaving him and the only thing he could see in the blurry image inside his mind was his muse’s beautiful and deep doe eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“your hair is wet” Chanyeol heard him say

 

And then he was on his tip toes, trying his best to reach for Chanyeol’s hair while giggling.

 

His face was a blur but Chanyeol could recognize those pair of doe eyes

 

“why are you looking at me like that?”

 

A faint sound from the distance managed to catch Chanyeol’s attention, averting his eyes away from, what he knew, was the beautiful boy. His muse.

 

He had regret the action the moment he turned his focus back, only to see the boy leaving.

 

“No, wait. Don’t go”

 

 

 

 

 

He stirred as the sudden ringing from distance grew louder and louder. He’s mind slowly woke up, coming to his senses. Chaneyol blindly reached for the sound of his ringing phone, not even caring to check who was disturbing his beautiful dream.

 

“mmm?” He groggily answered

 

“where are you???”

 

As soon as he heard the panic yet angered voice, his eyes shot open. He quickly looked at the screen. It was Kyungsoo. For a moment of confusion, Chanyeol was wondering why his friend was asking for his whereabouts? Unless..

 

Chanyeol’s eyes darted to the calendar by the wall. It was the 7th and it had a large red circle on it

 

‘wait, 7th???’ “!”

 

“ing Park Chanyeol! I ing knew it! How could you still sleep at this time!? Get your here right this instant!” rustling of sounds were heard “I will make an excuse to buy you some time. Just.. come here looking presentable” his friend hissed on the phone before hanging up.

 

Muttering a curse under his breath, Chanyeol bolted out of his couch, grabbing a random shirt and pants nearby which, he hoped to the heavens, were a clean pair. It didn’t even help how he didn’t feel that good, while he was preparing, a few nasty coughs escaped his mouth, throat itchy and to top it all, he was sporting a headache. He downed a pain killer just to be safe

 

Grabbing his car keys, he immediately left the comforts of his apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t feel well.

 

It wasn’t supposed to be like this. This was his very first event as a successful manhwa author.

 

Was he coming down with something? He hoped he not ..or maybe he did, maybe he could give Kyungsoo a call and ask him to postpone the event for another day where he’s all well and healthy and shaved. , he even forgot to shave.

 

Chanyeol consoled himself, repeating inside his mind that it doesn’t matter. It was not like his fans would mind, although he was sure that his friend would. And maybe scold him to oblivion which he really didn’t need right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was positive that he violated a few traffic conditions just to get to the place.

 

Parking the car, he can already see Kyungsoo with his arms crossed, thick brows narrowed and wide eyes glaring intensely. He was obviously waiting impatiently for him, if the tapping of his shoes didn’t indicate any of this then Chanyeol doesn’t know what is.

 

“Hey.”

 

“You are late. I said to look presentable not horrible. Your hair is a mess and you didn’t even take the time to shave” Kyungsoo’s nose scrunched up “And damn, that’s a strong smell. You just showered yourself with colognes didn’t you? And please tell me those clothes are clean”

 

Chanyeol only had a sheepish smile on his face, Kyungsoo didn’t need to know about the clothes, he’d throw a fit “Yeah sorry. I woke up late, I haven’t feeling well since last night”

 

“you should’ve called me to postpone the event..”

 

“I thought of that too, but I really don’t have the heart to do so. You know that this is my very first fan event, it’s important to me. And my readers came to see me. I want to thank them. If not for them, Mouse in the Trap wouldn’t be as successful.” Kyungsoo opened his mouth to say something back, knowing his friend, he would demand for him to go home, but Chanyeol quickly beat him to it. “Don’t worry! besides, sitting for an hour wouldn’t be that bad.. I guess..”

 

Kyungsoo still eyed him with a skeptic look before he slowly giving in to his friend’s pleas. Looking at him, Chanyeol can see the concern from his eyes “It’s okay Kyungsoo, I can endure it” he reassuringly added

 

“Fine.” Kyungsoo sighed “But if something happens, I’m pulling you away from this place and drag your body to the nearest hospital.”

 

Chanyeol cracked a smile, this was his friend, Kyungsoo showing his concern and being sweet. “and also can you fix your hair? You look like a greasy old man who kidnaps kids for a living.”

 

‘And also a tad bit brutal,’ Chanyeol chuckled at his thought “that bad?”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t deny nor confirm his statement, instead he looked at his wristwatch “we should be starting soon, be ready in ten”

 

Both of them went inside with Chanyeol hurrying his steps to find a mirror. He did try his best to fix his hurricane of a hair, his disheveled clothes and even bending down to tie his shoelace. His only concern at this moment was his sick looking face and the beard, god the beard won’t go away even if he wanted to. It was not that bad per se, he just looked a little older than he actually was and there was really no other choice than to present himself like this to his fans.

 

Whatever, he didn’t care that much about his appearance anyway. There was no one to impress so he shouldn’t bother at all. Except for his fans maybe, but, eh, there was no time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I welcome you guys, the author of the famous manhwa, Mouse in the Trap, Mr. Park Chanyeol!”

 

Cheers were heard as he came out, a wide smile on his handsome yet older looking face. He greeted everyone and proceeded to have a small talk with the questions coming from the host that was readied for him. They talked a bit about what his plans for the future were. He managed to keep his mouth seal at first but dropped a few hints and told everyone to anticipate his future works and also not forgetting to thank them for their support.

 

It was a good thing that the host, who he learned was named Baekhyun, was aloof. He greatly helped Chanyeol feel less tense and even managing to make Chanyeol bend his knees in an uncontrollable laughter as he tried to cover his mouth with his hand, Chanyeol wasn’t really that fond of a crowd (more or less, he admits to having a hermit life) but it was not something that he can’t manage.

 

Overall, the first part of the event went smooth and the same could also be said to his condition, the painkiller he ingested prior was doing its job just fine.

 

The next part was the fan signing and Chanyeol was glad that he could finally sit down. From what Chanyeol knew, coming from his personal experience (being a fan himself for other authors when he was younger), this part was pretty much chilling around, initiating a small conversation with his fans. Chanyeol was glad. He was just going to begin a small talk, thank them for their support, direct a smile at their way and making sure there was enough eye contact before signing the prettiest penmanship he could ever muster then repeat (It was one of those things that even his awkward self, could manage).

 

Chanyeol was very much enjoying the interactions. Some of his readers were very entertaining to talk to. At first, he thought of kind things to say to make them comfortable but instead, his fans were making it comfortable for him. He appreciated it a lot and it made his mood, a few times lighter.

 

He expected Mouse in the Trap to have many fan girls. What he didn’t expect were the small amount of fan boys (or just boys?, what’s to say that they’re not one of those boyfriends who just got dragged to accompany their girlfriends, or was in their girlfriends or sisters place, instead).

 

Having initiated a small talk, Chanyeol learned that a lot of those boys were really a fan of his work. It was in a sense where they truly admire his artistic work or just the manhwa and its plot in general.

 

“have a good day!” Chanyeol waved to the boy before turning to the person next in line.

 

Expectant eyes and a smile so wide was what met Chanyeol.

 

“Hi!!”

 

Chanyeol found his own lips parting for a small gasp. No, Chanyeol wouldn’t forget those dazzling eyes that had been haunting him the past months.

 

He was still beautiful as ever, Chanyeol found his memories getting clearer the more he stared at the boy in front of him. Rather than a messy mop of blonde, it was instead dark in hue and had been cut shorter.

 

It never crossed Chanyeol’s mind for their next meeting to be like this. His

Please log in to read the full chapter