Chapter 2: 'Was That Really Her?'

Passionately In Love

 

After loading all my luggage in the taxi, I headed straight to YG Entertainment head quarters. The car ride was long and dreadful because of the horrible traffic jam and just as I thought I've escape the horrific long hours stuck in L.A traffic behind me when moving back to Seoul, I was wrong. I stare at the leather jacket that's on my lap. I wasn't sure how I ended up with it, but I found it on me when I woke up on the plane. I been wondering nonstop on who it belongs to. After 30 minutes later, I finally arrived. I hopped out of the taxi and grabbed all my luggage then made my way inside an enormous building.

 

|@ YG Entertainment|

 

"Alright Kim Seol Mi, you can do it! Just smile and breathe and you'll do just fine! Aja aja hwaiting!" I said to myself in hope that my confidence would magically appear. I knocked on the glass door that hung a gold plated name tag that read 'President Yang Hyun-Suk'.

"Come in." I heard a distinctive high- pitched voice said behind the closed door. Sending a silent prayer to my shaking soul, I slowly opened the door. He sat there wearing a long sleeve tee shirt and a gray cap, leaning back in his chair. At the sight of him, I automatically did a 90 degree angle bow.

"Annyeonghaseyo YG sajang-nim. Jeoneun Kim Seol-Mi imnida," I respectfully introduced myself to him.

 

"Ah yes Ms. Kim. I remembered you. You left me quite an impression during your audition the first time we met. You got some real talent and with guidance, I am confident that you will be just as successful as any other big named idols." He said as he examine me from head to toe. I mentally gave myself a pat in the back. Good job Seol Mi, you just got praised by no one other than Mr. YG himself.

"Ne, Kamsahamnida sajang-nim. It's an honor to be able to train and hopefully debut under the YG Family. I'll be sure to work hard. Thank you for this opportunity sajang-nim!" I flashed him my warmest smile.

 

"I am pleased to have you be a part of our YG Family as well. I want you to start your training tomorrow once you get settle down in your dorm today. I was thinking of having you be a solo artist, so then you'll be able to get more popularity and publicity. Since I've already have a couple of boys group and girl group in training already, I think having you as a solo artist will be very different  because I haven't debuted any solos for awhile. You're going to live in a dorm and train by yourself. Is that understood?" He eyed me carefully to see my reaction about the news. Living by myself is going to be pretty lonely but at least I get to have my own space and act however way I want at home without having to worry about whether or not I'm bothering anyone else.

 

"Ne sajang-nim! I understand. "

"Good. You can leave to go see your dorm now and have a good rest before starting your training tomorrow. Good bye Ms. Kim."

"Ne Sir, have a good rest of your day. Thank you very much." I politely bow to him one last time before turning around and heading out the door.

___________End of Seol Mi POV____________

 

A black van pulled up in the front of the entrance as 6 guys hopped out of the car. Walking towards the elevator, they waited for it to open. He reached into his pocket to retrieve his phone. He starts playing games on his phone as he stand there waiting for the elevator door to open.

*DING* the doors slid open as he continue to play his game. Still keeping his eyes on his phone, he started walking into the elevator.

"Oh! Mianhamnida...Please go ahead first..." He heard his friend said. Hearing the sound of a suitcase being rolled on the ground, he looked up. In front of him stood five heart-eyes idiots just staring off in space.

"Yah... What are you guys staring at?" He asked in annoyance.

 

"I think...I just saw an angel..."the sassy looking one said. Rolling his eyes and letting out a scoff, he stared at them in disbelieve.

"Omo, Junhoe, this is the first time I hear you compliment anyone else appearance besides your own." The shortest one in the group said.

"Also B.I hyung, this is the first time I've seen you even care enough to stare after a girl like that," the maknae spoke up.

"Aish, what girl? You guys are exaggerating ..." He said while sticking his head out of the elevator. His eyes bulge as he saw a familiar figure. Pushing his friends to the side, he tried to make a sprint for it but stopped when he heard his team called out for him.

 

"YAH Bobby! Gaja! We need to go to practice ppali ppali!" B.I yelled out inside the elevator.

Looking at the figure who already exited the building and into a taxi, he sigh loudly. Turning around and walking back into the elevator he scolded himself for being too slow.

'Was that really her?' He questioned himself as he pulled out her bracelet from his pocket and stared at it.

"Wow! What is this? It looks very different and unique! Must be from the States right?" the cute one said as he reapply some more lip balm on his chapped lips. Ignoring the question, Bobby put the bracelet back in his pocket and act as if nothing happened.

 

*DING* The elevator door swung open and the six of them walked out into the hallway. They opened the door to their practice room and was surprised when they saw many crew members there with their microphone and video recorders out. They looked around confusedly as they walk inside. Against the wall stood 5 guys who were smiling at them as they came in. A few minutes later the door open and YG's CEO walked in. Surprised by the sudden visit, they all quickly stood in a line and bowed to him as they said their greetings.

 

"You guys see the cameras rolling but don't know why it is right? I have two team here today that's been training for awhile now. From BigBang to 2ne1, you should know YG don't usually debut groups often. But I've decided that with these two team here, I'll make one team debut this year."

Upon hearing the big news, all of the members immediately tensed up as they carefully listen to every word that he said.

"We will have a survival show called 'W.I.N. Who Is Next' with Team A versus Team B. I expect for you to do your best in your missions and I'll evaluate which team is better each week before the last challenge. The three last challenge, will be up to the audience to decide by voting the winning team. The team that win will get to debut this year while the losing team may get divided up, members might get changed, or debuting might get put off for  4 years."

 

Everyone was shocked as they heard the bad news. The room was in complete silence that you could hear a pin drop.

"Ok. I will leave you guys to practice. I will see you next week. Do your best. " Mr. Yang Hyun Suk said before walking out the door.

"We are shooting this as a reality survival show, so you will have to do solo interviews and there will be cameras in your dorms to monitor your daily routines. We will have Junhoe go first and then we'll call for the other members one by one. Junhoe please go inside the recording studio to do your interview." One of the staff member explained.

 

After finishing up their interviews, both teams went their separate ways. Once they reached home, they were surprised to see their dorm full of cameras. Changing into their pajamas, they all gathered in the living room.

 

| @ Team B Dorm|

 

"Wow sajang-nim really know how to throw a bomb at a person..." B.I said as he massages his temples. All the members sat scattered in the living room, their faces full of distress.

"I can't believe it. Both teams worked so hard all these years and now it's either our team or their team." Junhoe said then letting out a long sigh.

"We all grew a strong bond with each other, and now we have to beat them in order to debut. It just doesn't feel right..." Jinhwan said as a tear rolled down his cheeks. He quickly wipe it off so his team wouldn't see him cry.

 

"I always thought that when we ever hear news of our debut, it would be a celebration. I never expected to be on some survival show, stepping on our friends in order to debut." Yunhyeong said.

"Do you think they're also sitting at home feeling the same way we are right now?" Donghyuk asked.

 

"Ah wae geurae? I just got back and we're already sobbing? Yah... Do you guys want some kimbap?" Bobby joked trying to lighten up the mood. All the members looked at him and broke out in smiles. Even in the most darkest times, Bobby would always have an appetite for kimbap, hence his nickname they've given him. He ran into the kitchen and opened up the fridge. Eagerly running back to his team holding two boxes of kimbap, he sat down and ripped open the plastic wrap. They happily ate and joke around almost as if they've completely forgotten about their problem. Fighting each other for the last piece of kimbap, they resulted into an intense game of 'rock, paper, scissors.' After they finished cleaning up and saying their goodnights, they all retrieved to their rooms. Bobby hopped onto his bed, hug his Winnie the Pooh bear, and drifting off to sleep as his mind was only thinking about the mysterious pretty blonde he met on the plane.  

---------------------------------------------

 

Korean Phrases:

Aja Aja hwaiting - Let's work hard/Good luck

Annyeonghaseyo - Hello

Sajangnim - President/Boss (of a company)

Jeoneun ___ imnida - "My name is ____"

Mianhamnida - Sorry

Omo - Oh my

Gaja - Let's go

Ppali- Hurry/Quickly/ Faster

Wae geurae- What's wrong

______________________________________________________

 

Hi readers! I'm back with another chapter. This is mainly focused on the introduction of the members and their slight encounter with Seol Mi. This is during their pre-debut days so I will be writing about what happened behind the scene of W.I.N just so we're all cleared. I will use some reference that actually happened in W.I.N but will also add in my own twist when Seol Mi is in the picture to make it more in depth. I know it is a short chapter, but I'm saving some good parts for the next chapter so please continue to support me. I would appreciate it if you would subscribe to my story and also leave comments below the story to give me some input on how it's going so far. It's 4a.m. right now and I am flying out of the city at 8 a.m. for a family trip over the weekend. I will update very soon after I come back, so please look forward to the next chapter. I will make sure it's longer than this one ^_^