Chapter 2

That Which Begun at the End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CH.TWO[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

“I am saddened to announce, Mr SeungHyun, that Choi SeulGi has been my patient from three years ago, therefore, I have been ordered by the state to reinstate her medical condition and if it proves to be the same, similar or worse compared to before, I have been told to bring her to the psychiatric institution instead.” The calm voice of Kang DaeSung spoke, his thin eyes narrowing more upon noticing the Inspector’s sour gaze.

“What bull are you spewing? She’s a murderer.” The older male spat, standing up from his post in the small resting-room of the correctional institution.

“She may have killed somebody,” the male spoke up again, not losing his cool, “but she may also still be a mental patient, and under those circumstances, it would be you who broke the law by keeping an instable and sick person in a death row, only worsening her condition.” DaeSung’s shoulders squared as he straightened his back, trying to pose himself as at least a little bit threatening in front of the long-legged inspector.

One long stride is all it took to bring SeungHyun to the other side of the room, and pointing his index finger into DaeSung’s buff chest, he spat, “We are here with the purpose to keep the criminals under our thumb, not release them under the pretence of them being mental patients, Mr Kang.”

With one gracious flick of his wrist, DaeSung had swatted SeungHyun’s hand away and spoke up again, “I knew this might happen and therefore I had asked the higher court for a special permission of taking Choi SeulGi into our custody if Inspector Choi SeungHyun would decide to act out on his own and not hand the patient over. However, this all can only come into action after I perform a couple of tests on her.” Sending the older male a smile, Kang DaeSung spun on his heel and walked out of the room with the click of his shoes’ heel.

His hand skimmed through his hair once he was further away and a tired sigh escaped DaeSung’s lips once he made sure there could be nobody to hear him.

“You wicked woman… Count yourself lucky this time…”

 

“Miss SeulGi is different, Mister Kwon.” The head of the psychiatric clinic spoke, leading JiYong to the further-most room at the very back of the clinic.

“I knew that from the moment I saw her face on the news, Doctor.” JiYong scoffed, though unintentionally.

As the Kwon’s words registered in DaeSung’s head, the silence engulfed them and they walked in a distorted line that was being led by Inspector YoungBae.

“May I ask as to why a famous Detective had come here? The case of Choi SeulGi had already been closed.” YoungBae’s voice penetrated the silent corridor with the occasional screeches of patients from their locked rooms.

JiYong’s head lifted to observe the back of the head of the Inspector as he spoke, “I am afraid I cannot provide you with such information, Inspector Dong. Client privacy.”

By now, the two men had a complete grasp over the foul mood of Kwon JiYong, realizing that there was no point in talking to the man and so instead they settled over a small conversation between themselves.

“Has she been a lot of trouble, Doctor?”

“Couldn’t say so. She’s been quiet, though. I guess she’s getting herself mentally prepared to the aftermath of her actions.” DaeSung answered disdainfully, his eyes cast down and narrowed.

“How can a person diagnosed with APD and BPD be mentally preparing herself when she literally does not have such a thing as mentality or rationale?” JiYong interrupted the two in annoyance, his head developing a small throb. “Besides that, I didn’t know that the police are still interested in her being here.”

“Since her mental examination was done in haste, it was decided by the board of government that her transfer to the GanJiam Psychiatric was to be kept a secret from the public. If not, there would be a riot. Because of that, I was assigned to weekly visits to get filled in to her state and in the end, she will still have to go through the death row. There’s no escape for her.”

“ing great.” The Kwon muttered under his breath with clenched fists.

DaeSung sighed at the man’s state. “Mister Kwon, has there been something bothering you, lately? You seem extremely irate. This is not a right state to be in when meeting a mental patient.”

“I’d rather you be concerning yourself with your own patients, Doctor.” JiYong snapped in one final burst, stopping short when in front of the door leading to their final destination; the meeting room where Choi SeulGi currently sat in.

And then it happened, when the wooden door creaked open and the Inspector’s bulky form entered the room, leaving JiYong’s sight clear, he c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter