001

My Suga, Yes Please

I lifted up my right arm to wipe off the sweats forming on my forehead.

Dang, it is really hot in here.

I heard a loud gasp coming from somewhere beside me, and slowly opened my eyes. 

There was no one.

Maybe I misheard.

I turned to my right and realized I wasn't alone.

Beside my bed, there was another woman lying on her bed, sleeping peacefully.

Oh, the gasp probably came from her.

I decided to close my eyes and go back to my dreamland, however, I was interrupted by someone tapping on my shoulders.

Ugh, what the heck.

I opened my eyes and saw a man standing in front of me. "Good morning. Do you perhaps have any idea where you are right now?"

I looked around the unfamiliar room without making a sound, still annoyed at him for interrupting my sleep.

"I'll take that as a no." I looked up at him and saw him jotting down notes in his notebook. 

He was right. I have no clue where I am right now.

"Where am I?" I managed to speak softly with my husky voice.

"You're in Seoul National Hospital right now, miss." I sat up and looked at him with my eyeball nearly popping out of its sockets.

I must've misheard him right? "Pardon?" 

"Seoul National Hospital." Now, it was my turn to gasp.

"I suppose you don't remember what happened that brought you here right?" The man asked, more like a statement.

"No."

The man sighed. "Well you've been in coma for around 11 months now, miss."

I've been in what?! I couldn't believe what I just heard. Coma? 

"Why?" The man sighed again.

"Miss, we will explain everything later, how about you just rest for a few more minutes?"

I nodded and lied back down on my bed, while the man- or doctor I suppose- left the room.

I turned to my right again and rested my eyes on the woman in the same room with me.

She must be in coma as well. I hope she wakes up.

My eyelids started to feel heavier and heavier, then I went back to my dreamland.

"Chaeyoon-ssi?" A woman called me while tapping my shoulders again.

Ah, she is a nurse. "Yes?" I looked up at the white ceiling while the nurse unplugged all these wires from my body.

As soon as she finished, I placed both of my feet onto the ground and stood up.

Feels good to walk again.

The nurse guided me to a room just beside my coma room, and opened the door for me to enter. The doctor was inside.

"Uh.. what happened to me?" I asked hesitantly.

"You were involved in a car accident, Chaeyoon-ssi."