Prologue

Numb

 

The engine shut off leaving us in silence. I turned to him, his face washed with worry

 

“What if he’s not okay-what if he.” He trailed off not wanting to finish his sentence.

 

I grabbed his hand making him look at me. “He’ll-we’ll be fine all of us will we just have to be careful from now on.”

 

“So how does coming here help us in anyway?” He asked annoyed.

 

“I’ll be back in a minute, I just have to talk to him.” I opened the car door slamming it shut before he even had a chance to respond. I walked up to the doorstep, not bothering to knock. I opened the door coming face to face with Chanyeol.

 

“We need to talk Kyungsoo.” I brushed past him and walked straight into the bathroom. I rose the faucet feeling the water run over my cold hands. “I’m serious Soo I-.”  He went quiet at the sight of the blood.

 

“Don’t worry it’s not mine, not this time anyway.” I said already knowing is next question.


“Then who’s blood is it then?”

 

I turned the faucet off turning to him. “Don’t worry about it, you said you wanted to talk?” He sighed as he ran his hands through his hair.

 

“I don’t think I can keep doing this anymore.” He said

 

“Doing what?”

 

“This, things like letting you come in here after two weeks of ignoring me to clean someone else’s blood off of yourself.”  I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came. “You have to let me in Kyungsoo.”

 

“You were never supposed to be in Chanyeol.” I said walking towards the door.

 

“I used to be.” I stopped turning to face him. “Things have changed, I have changed you know that.”

 

“How is it that you, Do Kyungsoo the one going around instilling fear into people is afraid of little things like feelings?” He asked angrily slamming his hand against the wall, trapping me between him

 

“Chanyeol this is a game, one that you chose to play.” I said

 

“So tell me what exactly do I get when this game we're playing is over?”

 

“Whatever you want.”

 

He shook his head. “I don’t think that’s true.”

 

“Why? What do you want?” I asked already knowing his answer.

 

“What I want.” He leaned in pressing his lips to mine. I watched as his eyes closed enjoying the moment. He pulled away looking away from me. “Is you.”

 

I nodded slowly as I turned towards the door. “You know that I can’t let that happen.”

 

“Remind me why Kyungsoo.” He said, his voice cracking with each word.

 

“Because you are a pawn Chanyeol, that’s all I can ever let you be.”  I didn’t stay any longer. I quickly opened the door shutting it softly.

 

When I returned to the car I was met with his soft gaze.“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine Jongin just..drive.”