Final

New Love

The news of Jongin’s relationship had taken its toll on him for quite some time now. They were serious and Kyungsoo could tell. He just had to move on or so he told himself. When he first heard the new he thought it was just a publicity stunt and he had nothing to worry about, in the end Jongin would always return to his bed. But after late nights waiting for the younger male who never came he knew that it wasn’t just for the attention. Months past and Kyungsoo had put distance between the two. They had never come to terms as to what they meant to each other and they certainly hadn’t been dating. They had flirted and slept together but never had in-depth conversations.

Kyungsoo had once wanted more but that came to a sudden stop when Jongin slept with Taemin and then Krystal. Jongin was a playboy before Kyungsoo and even now. He never really changed even if the elder had hoped.

Now the end of the year was quickly approaching and after MAMA awards everyone’s schedule was packed. Jongin was finally able to perform Lotto with them and Kyungsoo could see the excitement in his eyes.

“Hyung!”

“What is it?” the make-up artist seemed to struggle with the final touches of Jongin’s make-up. He just couldn’t contain his excitement when he saw his beloved hyung enter the room.

“It’s finally happening!” Jongin bounced in his chair once more and the poor make-up artist just gave up.

“Yes, it is,” Kyungsoo was busy typing away at his phone that he didn’t even bother to spare Jongin a glance. The younger male hadn’t been able to shut up about the performance so Kyungsoo found no reason to feed into the younger.

“Hyung, this has to be the best day of my life!”

“U-huh,”

“It’s been a while since we’ve all been on stage together.”

“Yeah,”

“It’s a shame Lay-hyung won’t be here,” Jongin plopped himself beside his hyung on the sofa. 

“Sure,” Kyungsoo still didn't seem to be interested.

“Hyung are you even listening?” Jongin stared at the older male intently, but the elder continued to look at his phone.

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo figured Jongin had given up when he heard the younger’s frustrated grunt.

“Who are you texting anyways?” Jongin snatched the phone before Kyungsoo even had a chance to respond, “how is Jaehwan more important than me?!”

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo’s tone was clearly irritated. Jongin seemed to forget that Jaehwan was his hyung and he was always rude and disrespectful when the elder was around.

“What?” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, could he be any stupider?!

“Hyung, Jaehwan-hyung, he’s your hyung Jongin you should treat him with some respect.” Kyungsoo snatched back his phone, “seriously could you be any more disrespectful?”

“Hyung, I didn’t mean it like that . . . I,”

“Kyungsoo-ah,” Chanyeol came out of nowhere and when Jongin saw how Kyungsoo’s face lit up he couldn’t help the sudden tug in his chest. The was certainty something between the two but Jongin had no way of knowing for sure. He knew that face because it had been like that when he once only looked a Jongin. When he was Jongin’s.

Jongin had been lost in thought before he realized that Kyungsoo was already heading out the door.

-----

“What’s up?” Kyungsoo had tucked his phone into one of the inner pockets of the jacket he wore. Chanyeol gently took his hand, interlocking their finger as he dragged the younger male to a dark abandoned corridor. Their performance wasn’t for another thirty minutes.

“I-I know that it has been a month now and we’ve only just begun this – this,” he gestured to both. Kyungsoo had known better than to develop another relationship like the one he had with Jongin but he did it anyway. “But I don’t want this anymore.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know . . .”

“Don’t misunderstand, I don’t want this to end. Really, I don’t, but I don’t want this to be just some casual fling.”

“I don’t understand,” Kyungsoo was by no means an idiot but Chanyeol’s words puzzled him. Chanyeol reached to cress Kyungsoo’s now blushing cheeks.

“Be mine, be my boyfriend and not just some casual fling,” when Kyungsoo stared at him with questioning eyes he knew he had been clear enough and the younger male was still asking why. “I like you, I like you so much that I feel my heart race by even the slight mention of your name. I like you so much that the thought of you being someone else’s makes me furious. So please say you’ll be mine and only mine.” At this point Kyungsoo couldn’t hold his laughter any longer. Chanyeol was playful and he had never looked so serious but when he saw the elder pout he quickly stopped. Chanyeol was defiantly serious and Kyungsoo knew he shouldn’t mess with him but he could never pass the chance to play.

“May I think about it?” hesitant at first Chanyeol simply nodded. Pressuring Kyungsoo wouldn’t help him and if he had waited this long he could wait a little longer.

He pulled the smaller male closer, he leaned in and started kissing him. Lightly at first but as Kyungsoo reciprocated the kisses became more heated, needier and before either one of them had realized it Chanyeol had had him pinned against the wall.

“Jongin-ah!” the two halted, they quickly let go of each other fixing their hair and clothes. That voice had certainty belonged to Joonmyeon and that had meant that Jongin had been spying on them. “Have you seen Chanyeol or Kyungsoo?” they heard once more and while Kyungsoo was panicking Chanyeol stayed calm. He reached for the younger once again hugging him in reassurance. Once they let go they headed down the corridor.  

“Hey hyung,” Chanyeol called out sheepishly Kyungsoo trailing slightly behind him, as if Chanyeol was his shield.

“Where have you two been?”

“Looking for something to eat, Kyungie wasn’t felling all that well. We were on our way back.” Chanyeol had been so convincing that even Kyungsoo would have believed it.

“Are you alright, Kyungsoo-ah?”

“I’m fine hyung, Chanyeol helped me get what I needed.” Joonmyeon nodded and ushered them all back to the dressing room.

------

The whole night had been amazing their performance was one of the bests and everyone had had a great time. They were now all heading back to the dressing room when Jongin pulled Kyungsoo to the side. He waited till the hall was clear before he began to speak.

“Hyung, I know I haven’t been fair lately and that I’ve given you every reason not to trust me but just this once just hear me out.” Kyungsoo did nothing, said nothing, “I-I like you! It wasn’t fair for me to not tell you about my relationship with Krystal and how I slept with you while I was still with her. You didn’t deserve that and I know that I hurt you.”

“Jongin, I . . .”

“Kyungsoo-ah, Jaehwan-hyung is looking for you!” Chanyeol shouted from down the hall starling the two.

“Okay!” Kyungsoo shouted back, “look Jongin, everything is fine now. Although I am flattered that you feel that way, I’ve found someone I really like now. The me from before would have done anything to be able to hear those words from you but that was then. Now I want to hear those words from the person I like and know that I’m not just some fling. Not just someone to just pass the time with. I’ve found that and I don’t want to let that go. I will admit that I was extremely hurt when you started dating Krystal, I seriously thought that there could have been something between us more than just but that was clearly not the case. I’m thankful that you never decided to get serious with me because now I’m able to see past what was just Kim Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo-ah, hurry!”

“I’ve got to go now, I’ll see you at home,” and with that Kyungsoo had felt as if all the doubt he had left in his heart was gone. He rushed over to Chanyeol who was waiting for him at the end of the hall.

“What were you two talking about so intensely?” Chanyeol casually draped his arm over Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

“Nothing,” he wrapped his arm around Chanyeol’s waist in return. “Oh and by the way, yes.”   

 

_______

Wahhh my first CHANSOO one shot!!!! I feel so happy!!

Please tell me what you think!

This was my first one shot ever and I think I did pretty okay. I think I’ll try to write another one.

Any suggestions?