Chapter 2: A Strangely Encounter

Of Willingness

The outbreak calmed down so much more than yesterday but it was still big enough to appear on the front page of morning newspaper. Mr. Lee wears a thick glasses and skims through the articles. His eyebrows are slowly moving into center of the forehead while reading page after page until he finished. Next he puts it on the coffee table, takes off the glasses and sigh. His youngest son reputation isn't good for several years since he graduated and live off by himself. It's true that out of all children they had Sungjong was the prettiest, sensitive, and sharp enough to make a better business manager than his brothers. At first, they thought he just need time to adjust after a huge success he got then as time pass by he get worst, and they lost hope from him. It showed he did not even try to change their mind; because his wife and he decided to make L become second inline to inherit their money. L was their adopted son but he cared for everyone in the family like they are his real family. Also, he's the only person has not given up on Sungjong yet. 

Mr. Lee got his business from the family and develop to be big like now. Opposite with her husband, Mrs. Lee started with an empty hand, fewer customer until she got the designer award and offer of project together with luxury branches. She has expanded the shop to be one of the most well known stores in fashion kingdom. Sungjong first job was being a model for their shop, the ads gone viral on the internet so soon he got a signed contract. She watched every step of him since begin and understand why he acts different. Despite knowing the reasons, she disagrees with his choice and support her husband about cutting Sungjong's financial help. He is no longer model for her brand instead she asked L to be the model. That make he feel like no one love him anymore because they started to exclude him since long time ago. 

"Don't you need to report for your parents today?" The man in neat black suit behind the office table asking the younger one who sitting on the couch hand busy playing game on his phone. But he probably too concentrate to be bother by Yunho question. Not quite after he back to the work, his office door was widely unexpectedly opened by two men, one of them throw several paper bags next to Sungjong and harshly seated down next to it too. "I'm so done with you and the stupid occasion you always have to deal with your careless family." Sungjong is stopping play game and looking through the bags while the man going with him walks to Yunho table and click the mouse to go over something with other. Ignoring the sound of the two men excitedly after the computer screen giggling like crazy, Sungjong go to the restroom and change to the clothes hyungs brought for him. Stepping out of room with confident, he puts on the show, and his hyung which he gets huge reaction as they are taking out the phone and taking picture to upload on social media. It was lots of fun since they're kept cracking joke about how to be on the T-stage until Sungjong phone interrupt them. He flops down the sofa and lays his head on the man shoulder tiredly said, "Jae hyung, I don't want to keep up with them," the other gently pats his hair, while another tall men speak plainly, "You are in this celebrity world where riches people are then no way to escape than have to lives with it." That statement immediately got a huff from both people on the sofa to lift up his hand to defeat and have ask Yunho for rescue. "Enough of frowning and whining baby boy, let's go. You wouldn't want to keep your loves waiting right? Changmin will drive you there." Sungjong still pouts and slowly getting up, "They weren't anymore!" They just smile at his respond every time. 

"You're such a big baby," Changmin sight as he got off the car and walk to other side open door where Sungjong sit since he didn't seem willing to move anytime soon, "the press is here so don't make me to hold you like Mira does all the time." They both chuckle and Sungjong hops off the car with hand around hyung neck also Changmin hold support on his waist. "I'm glad you come here, thanks so much hyung!" He said in lower volume that only they could hear before heading to the gate that already people waiting for him. He follows the maids lead into house's living room to see his parents and brothers have seated. This is gonna be fun he thought when watch over their face expression change. Nodding his head to everyone then choose a seat with no need of instruction, silent starts to embrace them. The living room air was suffocated but neither side would want to yield each other until one of the maid came in to announce that it's time for dinner. It's such a relief for Sungjong because he was about to pull his phone and play game to kill time. 

As they all eating quietly with not exact when his mom keep glancing at L and him. Sungyeol and Dad are grumble about those foods and such veggies they didn't like. "Don't you have anything to tell us, Sungjong?" Somehow, he's happy that she asks while they're eating; 'yeah, you gonna ruin dinner for them go ahead Mom' he thought. "Well first of, I'm not dating anyone and second, I would like money back for the cost of businesses since I help them avoid the information leak." His dad put the chopsticks and spoon down loudly that his mom startled from her seat then sighed, "Sungjong, it's not about the information you saved," he cuts her, "Mom, enough is enough, I already told that I don't want to." They went silent at the moment before his dad stand up, eyes Sungjong to follow him in his work room, and he is unwillingly go after. 

The door closed loudly behind him, his father get down to a chair already before points to the opposite chair. He began after Sungjong has settle, "So you decided to keep this up even if you'll bankrupt? What do you want to prove, son?" He stand up, body stiffen as he heard the last word. He didn't want to be control or watch over but they never stop. "I don't only have just that investment incase you forget in diverse of money, I won't ever get bankrupt, promise you father." The old man stares at him before slowly speak with a quite sad tone unlike his strict and angry style of usual, "You owned Myungsoo lots Sungjong and I hope realize it no one would be there forever." He stood up and quickly head out of house in no hesitation let everyone was moved to living room surprise with the sudden outburst. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm very sorry for this short update but as you note to what going on in world and US politic now that  I am scared and worry to what gonna happen, also Infinite contract renewal got me distracted so I'm sorry that I cannot promise another update soon.