Chef (Jeongyeon)

All-Purpose Flour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: Any factually incorrect statements that I make about Jeongyeon's family members and their pasts are entirely my fault, and I apologize.  Most of the anecdotes are indeed fictional, so please take this short with a grain of salt.  This applies to all future one-shots that include heavy focus on the families of our Twice members, so watch out.  Thank you!

-------

Really, Jeongyeon didn't want to downplay her own luck and privilege.  That was luck and privilege in regards to her upbringing, sure; renowned chef Yoo Chang Joon and his wife, Kim Jeong Min (fictional name!), and daughters lived well.  But the real luck and privilege, at least in recent memory, came in that they hadn't restricted Jeongyeon's dream to join JYP as a trainee, nor her subsequent dream to dedicate her young life to the adventures of Twice.  She knew that some of the other members hadn't had it so easy: Mina's parents took some serious convincing, and she was pretty sure that Dahyun and Nayeon's parents hadn't been completely on board with their joining JYP, either.  Jeongyeon saw no such opposition, and while that alleviated any similar stress from her family life, a small part of her felt as if that was just the problem.  It wasn't just Jeongyeon in the Yoo family.  Her sister, now known as Gong Seungyeon, worked under SM Entertainment for 7 years before embarking on her own career as an actress.  And not when Seungyeon joined SM at 12 in 2005 and not when Jeongyeon joined JYP at 14 in 2010 did mom or dad say one word in opposition.  

She had always wondered why Chef Yoo never told her anything about his work, never taught her how to cook a thing.  And then her world changed, and she got the answer she was looking for.  

-------

Perhaps it was ironic that Yoo Chang Joon and Kim Jeong Min, both born and raised in poor households wherein food on the table was never a guarantee, would end up as a renowned chef and restaurant mogul, respectively.  

It was two contrasting environments that had moulded the parents that Chang Joon and Jeong Min would eventually become.  On one hand, neither of Chang Joon's parents were college graduates, and both worked part-time around the clock to guarantee a healthy, if not bountiful, upbringing for the future chef and his two younger sisters.  T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter