Flat Shoes Can't Hide My High Value (Chaeyoung)

All-Purpose Flour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chaeyoung is my designated inner-turmoil character.  I love her so much, and she seems to think about things very deeply.  I take that to the extreme in some of these stories, but I hope it really shines through how much I actually love and respect my Chaeng.  Enjoy an angsty hurt/comfort piece!

------

Chaeyoung towers above all the other Twice members.  

Not physically, duh.  She's barely 160 cm on a good day, and most of her days are not good days in that regard.  Rather, it's in a more humane (not human) sense that she looks down on those around her, metaphorically.  Ironically, it's because she doesn't look down on those around her, actually.  Or, at least, she really really tries not to.

Chaeyoung was raised in a household that was strict at face value - her parents expected her to try hard in school and to be an active participant in extracurriculars and sports - but had an underlying leniency when it came to the big fish: the future.  It was Chaeyoung who decided what she wanted to do, and how she was going to do it.  And she resolved - she had some kind of resolve - that she would be purpose-driven, that she'd stop at nothing to get there.  And purpose-driven she was, not only in pursuit of her dream of stardom, but also in academia and in her quest to be a good daughter and in her attempts to make friends so that her parents could see her be happy on a daily basis, for they deserved as much.  

And about that dream!  She practiced hard and sang in the mirror, wearing masks and moisturizing her face; she ate her fruits and vegetables and drank milk, for those would make her grow both physically and in mental fortitude; she popped and locked and jammed and broke in the privacy of her bedroom.  She'd be the tall, picturesque stunner with killer vocals and hard-hitting dance moves, if she had anything to say about it.  

And look at her now.  Now she's a superstar, if a short, cute one with decent vocals and what some might call a pretty reserved dancing style.  But she can hella rap, and she's really been given room to expand on her artistic sense, which means alot to her.  

So she's done her best to become the archetype of something, but now she's the exception, albeit of that very thing she aspired to.  

There has to be a lesson here.  

-------

Dahyun is Chaeng's best friend, but it bothers her a bit whenever she seems a bit... negligent?  It's just that, when somebody asks Dahyun what she'd do if she weren't a star, she has no idea.  Whenever somebody asks Dahyun how she became a star, it's not because she sang non-stop or ate her fruits and vegetables and popped and locked and jammed and broke in her bedroom when she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter