Chapter 3

Dark Seconds

                                               Next day, Hui arrived early in school, he quickly went to his class and found a policeman talking with Mr.Hang. He inhaled and said "Sorry" that caught both men's attention, the policeman said "Yes?" , Hui approached and said "I want to say something that I saw with Mark" , the policeman nodded, he gave a look at Mr.Hang to show him to get out, which he did. Both of them stayed alone in the class, Hui sat and the policeman sat in front of him, he said "Hello, I'm YanAn. Who are you?" , Hui smirked and said simply "Hui...HwiTaek actually" , Yanan nodded with a smile and said "I'm listening" , Hui started telling him about the bullying Mark was being through and from who was the bullying, he mentioned that the last time he saw Mark was the moment where the bullies were dragging him in the room where he died. Yanan wrote down everything, he raised his eyebrows while looking at the evidences, he looked at Hui and said "Woah, you know many things. But thanks HwiTaek for telling me" , with that both of them got up, Hui scratched the back of his head and said "Officer YanAn, can you please not tell who said this informations because I'll get bullied" , Yanan smirked beautifully and said "As you wish" with that both left the room. 

                                            It was break time, when all the school gathered on the yard looking with wide eyes, Shinwon took both of his friends from their wrists and went to see what's happening, it was Yanan who had a tight grip on E'Dawn's arm and was taking him out of the school, Hui heard the gossip boys, Yeo One Jinho and Xiao, talking "Yeah and his other friends are asked by other policemen in their classes" said Yeo One, Jinho raised his eyebrows and said in surprise "Really? Why? About Mark?" , Yeo One nodded, while Xiao giggled evily and said "This will be a good cover for the school's newspaper" , then they heard Hui saying in complaintment "Yah Xiao! Death is no fun" , Xiao looked at him in surprise, while Jinho spoke "And why are you gossiping? Either way none of us care about your opinion" , Hui grabbed Jinho from the cloth of his arm, this moment Jinho's eyes widen in anger, he slapped Hui's hand away and said loudly "Don't you touch me like this again!" with that he left while crashing his shoulder with Hui's making him go a step back, then Jinho's friends followed. During class of Maths with Mr.Kogyeol, Hui couldn't concentrate, he wished the police would find the killer or maybe killers. The bell rang, everyone saw in yard E'Dawn walking saying that he did nothing, that moment Hui quickly went to Yeo One, who was putting his books in his locker, he told him "Yeo One I want to talk to you" , Yeo One said with wide eyes "I have no time" with that he shrugged and tried to walk away, but Hui grabbed his arm and said "Yeo One!" , Yeo One pouted and let Hui lead him in Chemistry's room. They stayed there silent, then Hui said "Yeo One tell me if you know something for Mark" , Yeo One shrugged, Hui went closer to Yeo One's face, Yeo One exhaled and said while pouting "Ok ok. I know an old friend of E'Dawn and his clique, he's name is Yuto, but I don't know if they talk lately. But I think Yuto may know something or learn something more than us", Hui said in serious look and voice "Where can I find him?" , Yeo One answered "He comes in school at Saturdays and sits here with some of his friends, and I think he's friend with Ungjae" , Hui nodded and said a quick "Thanks" and left. He hurried to find Ungjae, he saw him in the bathrooms, he said out of breath "Hey Ungjae! Can I ask you, are you friends with Yuto?" , Ungjae was in shock from the sudden act of Hui, he said in low and slow voice "Yes, why?" , Hui smirked and said "Can you call him to come after school?", Ungjae frowned his eyebrows and said in curiosity "Why?", Hui said "I need to talk to him, he may know something" , Ungjae said "About what?" , Hui said abruptly "About Mark's death" , Ungjae's eyes widen and said "How?" , Hui did a motion and sound of exhaustion "Oh come one Ungjae! Call him and tell him" , Ungjae threw his arms down and said "Alright, I don't know why I listen to you" then he did. After the call, Ungjae nodded to Hui and said "Ok, he'll come" , Hui gave a quick hug at Ungjae and left while saying a quick "Thanks" , Ungjae did a sound to show that he found Hui weird and said "Oh, alright" .

                                   After school, Hui waited there with Ungjae, Ungjae pointed at a guy with a tough look and said "There he is" , Yuto came close, he did a low high five with him, Ungjae told him, then Yuto nodded and Ungjae left them alone. Hui went close to Yuto, he reached for handshake which Yuto did and said "I'm Hui" with that he smirked, Yuto nodded and said "I'm Yuto, but from what I see you somehow know me" , Hui nodded "So, ok. I asked some guys and I learnt that you were friends with E'Dawn and I want to ask if you know if he and his friends did something to Mark", Yuto nodded and said "I used to be friends with them, but now I'm not" Yuto exhaled and continued "Look, I rarely talk with Jian, but not too much. I heard that E'Dawn hated Mark for being so weak, I think, I'm not sure alright. So, Jian told me that E'Dawn said something like that Mark is useless to live, that he does nothing and Jian told me he agrees with E'Dawn's opinion.....but alright, that doesn't make them the killers.....Look Hui,it's better to let the police search, you can do nothing, you'll just get in trouble", Hui felt chills, he was becoming more sure that E'Dawn or his friends had killed Mark, he nodded to Yuto and said "Thanks" then he left numbed.

                               Next day at school, Wooshin was washing his hands, he wiped them off, but suddenly someone turned his around and pinned his on the wall, Wooshin's eyes widen, he saw Hui, Hui almost screamed in his face "Tell me! Did you do it to Mark?" , Wooshin looked on the side, then back at Hui and said loudly "Why do you care so much, huh?! Was he something for you?!" , Hui said an angry "Aish!" , he took him in the toilet cabin, closing the door behind them and said close to Wooshin's ear "Answer me!", Wooshin looked Hui in the eyes and said in anger "F you!" with that he scratched Hui's eyes, making Hui make a sound of pain and let him, then Wooshin found the chance to run. Three days passed, Hui was searching, from rumors, sometimes secretly listening to E'Dawn, or from other guys who knew E'Dawn, but found nothing, he felt so disappointed, there was also no news from the police. One day, Hui was walking depressed on the hallway when he noticed officer Yanan, his eyes widen and almost run to him "Good moring Yanan. Did you find something?!" , Yanan with his usual small smirk nodded, Hui's face lightened and said "What? Can you tell me?!" , Yanan made a hand motion to calm him down and said "Relax Hui. You will see" , that moment they heard someone complaining, when he looked he saw E'Dawn swearing and trying to get out of the hold of the other policemen, instead his friends Wooshin Jian and Taeyong had their head bowed down, feeling shame to look at the people around them. Hui's eyes widen, he said in happiness "Good job officer" , Yanan nodded and said "See, you just needed to realx a bit....and your friend, Yuto, came and told us things he knows, he said thanks to you" , Hui's face was full of surprise, slowly a smile was forming on his lips, he nodded and said to himself "Yuto" then he smiled fully. Hui was leaving with his friends, both of them were discussing about today's event, while Hui was lost in his thoughts, thinking how unfair was Mark's end and that he's happy he has his friends supporting him, then he put his arms around his friends bringing them closer and said "I'm happy I have you" , Wei smiled and said "Me too" , Shinwon also smiled and said "What happened all of a sudden, but yes, I love both of you too" , Hui smiled, indeed, he felt better now.

                                                                                                                                                                                         THE END.