Meeting Them

Something To Be Happy About

 

 

Taehyung looked out of the new window of their apartment and saw the same things he always saw -- another apartment building. He is used to the gray buildings since he grew up in that neighborhood. Taehyung didn't like it at all. He hated it. 

 

Suddenly, he heard a giggle. He frowned and looked around. Where did that come from? 

 

"Where are you?" Taehyung called out. Then, he didn't noticed that he also began to giggle. 

 

A shade flew up from the opposite apartment and out came two smiling faces. Two boys stood by the window. 

 

"Hi, I'm Hoseok and this is my brother, Jungkook. We're your new neighbors. We just moved in yesterday. We were looking out of the window and saw that you look sad."

 

Taehyung nodded. He told them that he wished the apartment would look different when he looked out of the window. 

 

"Then you got your wish!" Hoseok announced. 

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked. 

"You're looking out of the window and seeing us!"

 

Taehyung laughed. "That's right, I didn't think about it."

He decided that he liked Hoseok and Jungkook. They were so happy they made him happy. 

 

"Well, we'll have breakfast now," Taehyung said. 

"See you later. Keep smiling," said Hoseok. 

 

Taehyung smiled but stopped when the two were gone. He saw the dark gray apartment again. 

 

"Taehyung, your breakfast is ready. Did I hear you talking to someone?" his mother asked. 

 

"Yes!" and he told her about Hoseok and Jungkook. 

 

"How nice! You'll have new friends."

 

Taehyung looked out of the window again after breakfast. Much to his surprise, he saw that the venetian blinds were down with a picture of a very happy child. Then the shades suddenly went up. 

 

"Hi!" greeted Hoseok and Jungkook. "Do you still see the old apartment?"

 

"No."

"What do you see?"

"I see a happy face."

"Well, it will remind you to be always happy."

 

From then on, whenever Hoseok would look out of the window, he would see a picture of a happy face. Then one day, the picture was changed. He saw a big monkey eating banana. Then, a picture of a famous basketball player who is smiling. 

 

Taehyung thought of something. He drew a funny picture of a happy boy and asked his father to hang it outside their window. He did this every day with different kinds of colorful pictures. He was so busy talking with Hoseok and Jungkook and drawing pictures that he forgot all about the dark gray apartment. 

 

"Are you happy now?" Jungkook asked him one day. 

"Yes, I am. Why are you two always happy?"

"Well, it's better to be happy than sad. Think of something to be happy about. We are your friends. That's something to be happy about."

"Yes, why didn't I think about that before?"

 

 -----------

 

 

One day, Hoseok and Jungkook told Taehyung that they would be moving to another house. 

 

"You don't have to be sad again. You will meet new friends when we are gone and that will make you happy again. 

 

 

When Hoseok and Jungkook's family moved out, Taehyung felt sad again. Then, he thought of something. He drew a big happy face with the word WELCOME and requested his father to hang it on their window. 

 

Soon, smiling faces looked out of the window where Hoseok and Jungkook used to live. 

 

 

"Hi!" said the boy. "I'm Jimin."

 

Taehyung was stunned by the way Jimin smiled at him which made him blush. Taehyung smiles back then introduced himself to Jimin. 

 

"Hello, I'm Taehyung. Nice to meet you, Jimin."

 

Jimin is so beautiful. Taehyung thinks then he smiled widely to Jimin. 

 

 

That is something to be happy about. 

 

 

 

  =========

 

Done! Yey! Sorry for late updates. Being a college student is sooo stressful so sorry again. I hope you like it guys! Thank you so much! Please, subscribe, comment, and vote! Kamsa~ Saranghae ♥