LOVE & ROLL

Our Playlist

“Do you love me? Then show me.”


 

It was seven fifty-five in the evening at a small apartment of Seoul. Inside, a young woman named Kim Yongsun anxiously stared at the contact information with her smartphone.

[Contact Name: Moon Byulyi]

Yongsun took a moment to take a breath as she glanced over her calendar, which was marked on June 14th. Tonight, she was going out on a date with her new girlfriend and her chest was fluttering nonstop. It was something new to her, and would never in the million years she would get the opportunity to do what she was about to do.

Okay, this is it. Call her before you head out.

She paused for a moment to pull her act together before tapping the ‘Call’ button.

It only took a couple of moments before she heard the phone signal has gone through, greeted with a deep, soothing voice resonated into her ear.

[“Hey there, Ms. Yongsun.”]

Yongsun heard her heart skipped a beat.

“Hey,” Yongsun smiled nervously. “Can you hear me?”

She heard a melodic laugh from the other end of the line.

[“Yes. How can I not hear a sweet, wonderful voice of the pretty lady such as yourself?”]

Oh, god. Greasy.

“W-where are you right now?” Yongsun stuttered as her face was starting to turn pink.

[“I’m on my way to pick you up. Can’t wait to see me, huh?”]

Wow, how confident.

“Yeah,” Yongsun giggled while she was slipping in her pair of white high heels. “I’m just about to head out.”

[“Oh, is that so? Then, I’ll see you soon.”]

“OK, see you soon.”

Yongsun hung up the call and she stared at the mirror to check herself out one last time.

She was dressed up in her perfectly adorable, bright summer dress, along with a long beige shawl to cover her exposed shoulders. She curled her long chestnut hair with a touch of seductive make-up around her eyes and lips.

Eyeshadow, check. Lipstick, check.

Yongsun made a playful wink.

Looking like a perfect ten, girl. Knock it out!

With a grin, she grabbed the keys and headed downstairs, not forgetting to lock her apartment door.

As Yongsun was heading outside, she recalled her phone conversation with Byulyi-- of how her heartbeat was racing every time she hears her voice. She swore she felt butterflies into her stomach, knowing she was weak against someone who harbours self-confidence and competence to match her shy, reserved personality.

Little did Byulyi know, Yongsun wasn’t as innocent as she appeared to be.

 

 

When Yongsun stepped outside, she saw a slender, tall woman with long-silvered locks in a rolled-up white dress shirt with her black skinny jeans and high heels; staring at her while sitting casually on the hood of her black Lexus.

Oh, god. Byulyi looks so handsome in that.

She heard her heartbeat skipped for the second time as Byulyi got up to approach her.

“Hey, Ms. Yongsun,” Byulyi smiled as she reached out to caress Yongsun’s cheek while gently grabbing her hand to kiss it. “You look lovely tonight.”

Yongsun went slightly flustered at the gesture.

“T-Thank you,” she looked shyly at Byulyi. “You look handsome yourself.”

Byulyi chuckled. “I got to look good for the lady of the evening.”

Yongsun noticed Byulyi hadn’t let go of her hand as she ended up getting escorted towards the car. Her heartbeat continued to pound crazily as Byulyi’s hand was placed behind her back.

Gosh, can you hear my heart beating right now?

It didn’t go unnoticed for Byulyi as she opened the front passenger side of the car, waiting for Yongsun to come inside.

“You look like a lady in love.” Byulyi laughed as she remarked casually.

A blush appeared on Yongsun’s face-- this time with a shade darker. She was not used to receive such compliments.

“S-shut up!” Yongsun stuttered as she ducked her head to get in the car. She was never the girlish type, nor being the flirtatious and social unlike Byulyi. She was comfortable with wearing sweats and hoodies while reading manga books online in her bedroom.

But for tonight, she wanted to make Byulyi hers.

Amused, Byulyi simply shook her head as she closed the passenger door and went over to the driver seat.

“Where to, my lady?” Byulyi asked.

“A-anywhere nice and quiet. I want to spend quality time with you.” Yongsun spoke shyly while purposefully avoided eye contact with her.

“Sure.” Byulyi grinned as the car engine started to roar into life.

 

 

Throughout the date, Yongsun wasn’t sure if it was the dimmed lighting or she was delusional, but she had a difficult time to focus on the scenery around her as her eyes kept flickering between Byulyi’s eyes and lips. In the car, she found Byulyi attractive when she was focusing her sights onto the road, with her left hand on the steering wheel while her right rested on the gear-shifting stick. The way she gazed at the incoming pedestrians and motorists, along with watching for signals from the passing traffic lights with caution; not to mention how comfortable and smooth she was with the driving. Yongsun found it charming.

Damn. Was that feeling she felt was… love?

Just then, the car stopped as Byulyi leaned back against the driver’s seat.

“Well,” Byulyi sighed as she turned her head to Yongsun. “Here we are, where civilization is non-existent.”

Huh?

Yongsun looked through the windshield to see the outskirts of Seoul, along with countless stars appeared on the midnight sky.

“Wow… it’s beautiful.” Yongsun awed.

Then, she felt a hand placed on top of hers. Yongsun looked down to see both hers and Byulyi’s fingers interconnected.

Byulyi gave out a casual smile while her cheeks were turning pink.

“Not as beautiful as you.”

Damn it.

That made Yongsun blushed and shivered from the greasiness she felt around the girl. Who knew hearing the cheesy lines could be so cringeworthy from someone she really likes?

Clearly it got to her with Byulyi.

Yongsun looked up at Byulyi and behind her charming smile, she sensed shyness and hesitation into her eyes—as if she was contemplating to make a move on her.

And then, she caught Byulyi’s gaze; roving all over her s and lips.

…God.

Yongsun decided to help Byulyi out with a hint. She followed her instincts by tugging at Byulyi’s right arm to the middle of her chest, while leaning closer to close off the distance between them.

A part of her was embarrassed to initiate the physical contact, but another part of her anticipated for what was going to happen in the next few moments.

“Do you love me?” Yongsun asked timidly.

She looked up to see Byulyi’s perplexed expression at first, but transformed into a relieved one.

“Yes.” Byulyi responded.

Yongsun smiled.

“Then say it to me. I want to hear it.”

“I love you.”

Yongsun shook her head.

That wasn’t enough. She wanted to hear her say it again.

Yongsun leaned in closer to Byulyi. “What was that?” She asked innocently. “I can’t hear you.”

With that, Byulyi placed her lips next to her ear and whispered:

“I love you so much, Kim Yongsun.”

Yongsun’s eyes darkened as she turned to face Byulyi; lips were inches apart from each other. The next sentence she said, slipped out of her lips before she even thought about it.

“Then… do you wanna take me out?

She heard Byulyi chuckled quietly and saw a glint of naughtiness in her eyes.

“That depends. Do you want the normal way, or something mor— “

Yongsun wasted no time as she leaned in to kiss her on the lips.

The last thing she remembered was hearing the car’s gear shifted and felt her passenger seat reclined to its lowest level.

It was going to be a good night.


Inspired based from supercell's - "LOVE & ROLL"