Anything... - #18

EUNHAE BONFIRE FEST 2017
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Anything ... ?

Author: [Anonymous]

Prompt #: 18

fluff/slice of life.
“I’ll do ANYTHING if you do this for me please” “Anything?” “ANYTHING. Wait no-” “TOO LATE.”

Not to include in the final work: nothing too serious!

Prompt given by: [Anonymous]

Word Count: (ex.: 1707)

Rating: PG

Author’s/Artist’s Notes: This prompt was difficult in only the fact that I had too many ideas! Had a great time writing it & glad it will be my  first story on AFF. :)

Summary: Promises are made to be kept.  - “I’ll do ANYTHING if you do this for me please” “Anything?” “ANYTHING. Wait no-” “TOO LATE.”  

Eunhyuk, hurrying through the crowd of students all currently rushing to and from their classes, hoped that he would be able to make it to his next class before it began. The teacher of his dance class was one of the strictest regarding being on time for class and came up with the most creative ways to make each student regret being tardy and vow to never to let it happen again. While he was normally early to class, several things had happened causing him to have to rush to make it on time. The first delay had been when, the teacher of his previous class, had asked him to tutor one of his classmates, as he had been out due to illness and needed help to catch up. Hyukjae had easily agreed but had then needed to wait while the other had dug in his bag for his schedule, to check for the best time to meet. They had finally agreed upon a day and time with the other thanking him repeatedly before he could escape. Hyuk had decided he still had plenty of time and went to grab a strawberry milk to get him through his next two classes before dinner. That had turned out to be the worst idea ever as he had no more than walked in and he had been hailed from one of the tables nearby by one of his class friends and asked questions regarding the homework that was due later that day. This being the second delay of the morning. After answering the questions that he could, Eunhyuk could finally grab his strawberry milk on his way out of the cafeteria before heading to his next class. As he strode through the halls drinking his favorite milk, he had starting thinking about ideas for the dance he and a partner would need to do for class. At the end of the last class, the teacher had announced that as part of their final grade they would be paired up and each team would need to come up with unique chorography that fit their assigned song. The songs were to be picked by the teacher and then placed into a jar to be picked at random by each team. Wondering who he would get for his teammate, Hyuk had suddenly remembered that today was the day that the teacher was announcing the names of each team and began to hurry toward his next class using his long legs to his advantage. Making his way quickly through the crowds toward his class without stopping for anything else, he only waved at anyone who called his name on the way and was just approaching the door to the class room when he saw the teacher approaching from the other direction. Deciding he didn’t want to be on the teacher’s bad side today, Hyuk quickly did a zig zag dance motion around a few students standing in the hall and dashed quickly through the door and into the practice room. Quickly taking off his hoodie, he threw it and his bag toward the wall with the rest of the bags and got into position just as the teacher entered the room. Letting out a deep breath of relief, he quickly took up his position as the teacher greeted the class.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Donghae walked slowly, enjoying the nice weather as well as an evening without classes, as he made his way to the practice room where he was meeting Eunhyuk. He had plenty of time as there was still 15 minutes until the class ended and Eunhyuk would quickly shower after class as they were eating at a restaurant instead of ordering take out to their apartment. Kim Heechul, their landlord, had recommended a small local restaurant that he said had good food at an affordable price and perfect for broke college students. That had been a couple of weeks ago. It some work but after a lot of pestering Donghae had finally gotten a promise from Eunhyuk that they would go check it out after his classes ended for the day. Donghae knew he could have went earlier either by himself or with someone else but he had decided that he would only go with Eunhyuk and he didn’t regret his decision to wait. Each time when Heechul had asked him if he had gone yet, he came up with different excuses as the reason he hadn’t went already. Donghae didn’t want to examine the reason that he had insisted Eunhyuk go with him or his avoidance of mentioning the true reason while making excuses for why he hadn’t yet gone to Heechul. Thinking too deeply about the reason for both of those things, opened a can of emotions inside of him that he just wasn’t ready to sort out. Looking up from his thoughts, Donghae realized that he had stopped walking and was simply standing and staring at a small flower garden alongside the walk way. Looking at the time on his phone, he realized that if he didn’t hurry, Eunhyuk would be ready and waiting instead of it being the other way around. Donghae took off in a sprint towards the practice room, as excitement for the evening ahead took his thoughts once again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eunhyuk hurried through showering as he didn’t want to keep Donghae waiting any longer than he already had if he could help it. That evening’s class had gone over the usual time by fifteen minutes and then he had waited several more minutes before being able to speak to his assigned dance partner about setting up a meeting time to discuss their project. While Eunhyuk was really, excited about the dance assignment, he had far less excitement about his assigned partner, Lee Kibum. Kibum was known by the public for winning many competitions and was often called ‘Golden’ but among the dance students and even to some others outside of classes, he was known for something very different. He expected that, as his partner, you would be doing most of the work and he would be taking most of the credit. This caused many people to refuse to work with him. Thus, no one volunteered to partner with him and so the teachers had started assigning him to different people for each new assignment. It was just his bad luck that, the teacher had decided that it was Eyunhyuk’s turn to partner with Kibum. The sudden noise of a locker slamming shut caused Eunhyuk to come out of his thoughts about his less than pleasant partner. A quick glance at his phone showed that it was almost forty-five minutes passed the time that he had told Donghae to meet him. After quickly finishing his shower and throwing on his clothes, Eunhyuk headed back to the practice room to grab his bag. Approaching the practice room, he realized there was music coming from inside and the song playing was the one he had wanted to use for the project. Maybe someone else had gotten it and decided to start on the project right away? Opening the door quietly as not to disturb whoever it was, Eunhyuk was shocked to see, not a student form his class but Donghae dancing to the music. He had never seen Donghae dance outside of the small bits that were in several of the plays Hae had been in. Donghae, seeing Eunhyuk enter the room in the mirror, immediately went to turn the music off and grabbing Eunhyuk’s bag headed toward him.

 

“Ready to go eat?”, Hae asked as he came to stop in front of him.

 

Eunhyuk, still thinking about what he had just seen, just nodded in response and followed Donghae out of the room. Donghae kept up a flow of random bits of conversation with Eunhyuk contributing the occasional noise to show he was listening until they had almost reached the restaurant where they were to eat. They could see the place just down the street when Eunhyuk finally decided to voice the thoughts that had been swirling in his head ever since he had seen Hae dancing in the practice room.

 

“I didn’t know you could dance like that.” he finally commented, interrupting Donghae trying to decide on what to order for their meal.

 

Donghae smiled, glad that Hyuk had finally decided to break his silence. “Back in middle school, I was part of the dance team and ended up winning a couple of competitions but after I was in my first play, I decided I wanted to concentrate on my acting and picked all classes related to acting in high school.”

 

Eunhyuk nodded, remembering the story of Hae’s first play and how he was, at first, pushed into it by his teacher but then had a lot of fun and decided that that was what he wanted to pursue. Eunhyuk hesitated for a moment before asking, “Would you mind if we took our meal back to our apartment instead of eating at the restaurant?”

 

“The song you were dancing to is one of my favorites and I have been wanting to create my own choreography to it. Seeing you dance, I think you could help me with it. We could start tonight. I have all my homework caught up and my fist class tomorrow isn’t until the afternoon. What do you think?” Donghae seemed to ponder it for a minute before saying that was okay with him and it sounded like fun.

 

Hearing Donghae’s response, Eunhyuk then smiled a large smile and started to walk faster toward the place they were ordering their meal from, excited to return to their place even as soon as they could. After getting their meal, they quickly headed back home with food, talking animatedly the whole way about their ideas for the choreography for the song. Upon reachi

Please log in to read the full chapter