The Beginning of the Brewing Storm

Day by Day

 

"Dara! I need you to buy something!"

"Yah! Dara, if you don't wake up I'll kick you out of the house this instant!"

Dara's mother had been pounding her door for the last fifteen minutes and she's getting real mad for she didn't get any single response from her daughter. She's slowly losing her patience, and she wants to slap her daughter mercilessly until Dara fully wakes up, but her oh-so-great daughter locked her door and Dara purposely threw the spare keys so that they can't invade her so called 'privacy'. Privacy her .

"Ask Sanghyun instead!" Dara grudgingly said, her voice groggy and muffled through the walls.

Well, it's supposed to be a happy and a sunny day but Dara felt the total opposite. She definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed and she instantly felt something wrong is going to happen. Her head is literally all over the place and is disgruntled in the best way possible. It's really one of those days when you're just angry at the world or frightened for maybe it is finally your last day of existing, she just can’t’ pinpoint which one is it. 

The moment she heard the loud pounding on the door and her mother's annoyed voice, she finally realized what's bothering her all along. It's a Saturday for god's sake! Like duh! Nobody wakes up at 7AM during weekends! She can feel her hair is pointed to millions of different directions which just show that she had a good night's rest, well not until 3 minutes ago.

"Dara, your brother went out early so you have no choice but to get your out of the bed!" Dara's mother shouted, almost losing her patience for real. No choice. Tsk tsk

She hesitated leaving her lovely and inviting bed but screamed a forced 'Okay' that sounded like a screech from a dying rooster. Dara hastily washed her face, brushed her teeth and put on some decent t-shirt and a pair of black pants before facing the impending wrath of her amazing mother. Yeah, what a great day it is.

~~~

"Ya! Here’s the list. Be sure it's the right thing and please hurry up, okay?" Dara's mom handed her a crumpled piece of paper with some words written in her oh so familiar scrawny handwriting. Well, at least Dara's proud that she had some decent handwriting compared to this.

She nodded, waved her mom a goodbye and dashed out of the house. She decided to walk because their car is not in a really good condition and it will be a great cherry on top if she had to push the car if it will break down in the middle of the road. Anyways, it will be faster to run than to rely on that super ancient 500- year old car. Truthfully, it's not that old, but it looked like it came straight from an 1800's movie.

She braced herself for the upcoming contact with the cold wind, but fortunately the weather today is not that cold. Her untangled hair whipped freely like birds around her face and neck which annoyed her yet brought a smile to her lips. It's been so long since she felt this... free?

While running, she realized that it's the 8th day Jiyong -her boyfriend didn't contact him. It's been 8 days since she last saw him, or even heared his voice and she missed him so much. This is not the first time he disappeared like it’s nothing, but he usually texts me and calls me every time, not like this-where he just disappeared without even saying anything or leaving a message. It's not that easy to swallow but yeah, she really missed him. But obviously, she is very pissed. She texted him a lot, called him every hour and she even went to his apartment but he is nowhere to be found. Nada. Like poof! He disappeared and went to the other dimension without even a single trace.

"Uggh. Jiyong where are you?!" Dara mumbled while scratching her head. She's really really frustrated right now and thoughts about Jiyong are making the embers grow to an inferno.

Bad thoughts are inevitably flooding her mind. He is nowhere right now and  who knows what is happening to him now? Maybe he flew to Mars and didn't found his  way home or maybe he accidentally kicked an elephant's and the elephant ate him or- Yes, there are millions of possibilities and she hoped that Jiyong has a valid reason on why he is MIA for 8 days. 8 ing days.

She seriously can't imagine how this day could get even tier than it is right now. She just felt that whatever this is, she had enough for this day even though it just barely started. But boy was she wrong when her eyes spotted her missing boyfriend with her bestfriend intimately hugging in my favorite coffee shop. Wow. This is ing amazing.