second

the great advantage of being alive

Jin stared at Suga unblinkingly. It was lunch time, and Jin, Suga, Rap Monster, Jimin, and Jungkook sat together as usual, but things had changed irrevocably and they all knew it.

Jimin had been annoyed with Suga—and Jungkook, but especially Suga—ever since he found out that he’d been hanging around some Lee Sujin girl.

Honestly, Jin didn’t know what Suga saw in her either. She’d been scared less when he gently confronted her a couple months ago—granted, she had shown some guts the other day when they all had a talk with her. And apparently, Suga was sleeping and eating again, thanks to her. Jin grudgingly felt some respect for her, though he never thought Suga would like such a timid girl.

“So,” Rap Mon began. “The fight’s happenin’ in two days.”

Jimin cracked his knuckles eagerly. “Can’t wait. I’ve been needin’ to let loose.”

Suga just rolled his eyes and Jungkook sighed, looking apprehensive.

“Even though we know it’s comin’, be on your guards,” Rap Monster instructed.

Everyone grunted in acknowledgment. Suga and Jungkook both looked like they had other places to be, while Jimin continued glaring at them. Jin exhaled and stood, catching Rap Monster’s attention.

“Toilet,” Jin said simply and left.

He strode past the courtyard, observing students. His gaze caught on two familiar faces: Hoseok and Taehyung. They were joking around with their girlfriends, looking happier than Jin had seen them in years. Their smiles were strange, familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.

Jin tried to conjure in his mind’s eye Suga’s smile, then Jimin’s, then Rap Monster’s, then Jungkook’s. Jungkook was easy but the others—he couldn’t see them anymore. He didn’t remember them. He didn’t even remember his own.

He wasn’t sure how to feel about that.

He shrugged and continued towards the restroom.

Jin personally didn’t really have any feelings about their gang life. It was something to do—sometimes annoying, sometimes painful, sometimes exhilarating, but mainly, it was something. He was mainly indifferent about the rest of the world; he might as well have been invisible at home. Only the guys ever made him feel anything anymore.

He shook his head out of his thoughts. Ever since Taehyung and then Hoseok had left, he’d been thinking more and more on their gangster lifestyle, wondering if it was really the best for them. But in the end, he just didn’t care enough to change anything.


notes: Sorry, I know it's really short! I just wanted to show a bit of the boys' relationships and Jin's thoughts on things. The next scene didn't fit with this chapter, but hopefully I'll have it up soon.

So this is still a bit before the end of CCT. I wanted to have a little overlap. I think there'll be quite a bit more overlap in later stories. We'll see!

Jin just...doesn't have a lot of feelings about things, lmao. I know it's not that realistic, but I imagine you could cultivate a habit of not caring about anything, given enough time. xD

Next chapter should be longer! I'll make it longer, promise!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2017 by skyblaze208