Crush

SO LONG

Chorong and Bomi were walking home together, minus Sungjae who was having after school club.  They were chattering and joking around cheerfully along the way.  Noticing someone had followed them, Bomi turned around and faced a boy with baby face look.

“Suho Oppa?”  She said in surprised tone.

“What are you doing here?  You have followed us all along, right?”  Bomi continued.

Instead of answering, Suho walked closer to her.

“Emmmm—I am sorry, I was about to greet you, but you two looked excitedly chattering.  I don’t want to disturb.”  Suho replied carefully.

He looked shy.  Bomi caught him to steal glance on Chorong several times.

“Emmmm—you were the girl who came with Sungjae some days ago, weren’t you?”  Suho said hesitantly.

“Ne, I saw you in that restaurant.  Bomi and Sungjae briefly told about you.”  Chorong looked up and a warm smile spread across her face.

“Where is Sungjae?”  Suho tried to divert the topic.

“He has after school club.”  Bomi answered shortly.  She was a bit annoyed by the elders who stole a glance to each other shyly.

“What are you doing here, Oppa?”  Bomi added.  Her tone was a bit higher.

“Ennggg—Park Chorong-ssi, may I have your number?  I am sorry if I am a bit straightforward—I just don’t like to hesitate for long…  maybe it is a bit awkward, I don’t mind if you don’t want to give your number…”  Suho blurted out.  He squeezed his nape frequently due to his nervousness.

“Chorong unnie doesn’t really like to give her number to someone she barely knows.”  Bomi said bluntly.  It clearly shown that her face is annoyed.

Suho nodded, a bit disappointed.  Chorong seemed to notice unpleasant look of Suho.

“I’ll give you my number.  You are quite close to Bomi and Sungjae, I should not treat you like a stranger.”  Chorong quickly replied, causing Bomi to open widely, could not believe of what she had just heard.

Suho smile brightly, he pulled out his cellphone and exchanged his number with Chorong.  Bomi could only grin seeing the scene.

“Thank you very much, Chorong-ssi.  I’ll call you.  See you.”  He bid a goodbye after earned Chorong’s number.

Chorong and Bomi replied by waving their hands.

“Unnie, he is really good as friend and senior, but not as a boyfriend.”  Bomi complained right after Suho walked further away.

“What are you talking about?  We just exchanged number, who said he wanted to be my boyfriend?”  Chorong replied.

“I have known him quite well, this is his first step, later he will try to approach you—and dump you…”  Bomi attested.  She looked funny in her serious look.

“You think too far away.  He has not even texted me—I can take care of myself.  Chill, baby…”  Chorong comforted Bomi by the younger’s cheek.

“Tell me everything—if he is trying to approach you…  I don’t want you to get hurt—to be dumped like other girls he used to date.”  Bomi murmured.

“Arasseo…  Thank you—for worry about me…”  Chorong smiled at Bomi.  An angelic smile, which caused Bomi stupefied a while.

She tried to get her sense back, and soon became a pampered kid.  She hugged Chorong’s waist and walked home being clingy to her along the way.  Chorong already got used by her act, so that she did not bother to hardly walk with someone hugging her along.

 

It was raining hard that night, Bomi dashed to Chorong’s house, willing to ask for help doing her homework, but Chorong was not at home.

“Auntie, where is Chorong unnie?  I want to ask help for my homework.”  Bomi asked Chorong’s mother who was washing dishes in the kitchen.

“Maybe she is still in convenience store as the rain pouring hard.  She did not bring her umbrella along.”  Her mother answered in worry tone.

“I’ll pick her up after washing dishes.”  She added.

“Aniyo…  I’ll go instead.”  Bomi offered.  She immediately searched the umbrella.

“It’s already late.  It would be dangerous for young girl like you.”  Chorong’s mother did not allow her easily.

“I am okay.  I learn taekwondo, Auntie.”  Bomi said proudly.

“Aaaaa…  I should not worry about you…  You frequently beat people.”  Chorong mother’s replied jokingly.

Bomi responded with a small grin.  She went through the rain, heading to convenience store where Chorong usually visited.  She was closer to the store, and she could see Chorong standing near to store’s entrance.  Bomi hesitated to approach Chorong as she saw Suho was talking with her.  They seemed having nice conversation as they laughed to each other like they have known each other for so long.

There was a bitter feel when Bomi saw that scene.  Feeling like someone who always smiles and takes care of her laughed over other guy.  It might be too fast to put an assumption, but Bomi could catch Suho intention from the start.  He wanted Chorong more than just a friend, and Bomi did not want to let Chorong to be approached by him as Suho has a bad record in dating.

Bomi turned around, forgetting her intention to pick Chorong up.  She left them and attempted to back to home.  She walked slowly, and she saw Sungjae was taking shelter at bus stop.

“Sungjae-ya!”  She called Sungjae.

Sungjae looked up and smiled widely.

“Nuna!”  He shouted brightly.

“What are doing in the middle of rain?  It’s cold.”  Sungjae turned his voice into worry tone as he saw Bomi got wet at some parts of her body.

“Aaaaaa…  I was looking for you.  I knew you did not bring your umbrella, so I came to pick you up.”  Bomi answer lightly.

“Really?  Liar!”  Sungjae sneered.

Bomi grinned to him and passed an umbrella to them.  They walked toward their home slowly.  No one was talking.

“Sungjae-yaaa…  What if one of us is dating someone?  Will you feel sad?”  Bomi broke the silence.

“Emmmm—Rather than feeling sad, it will be more like—feeling lost.  Like there is something missing…”  Sungjae rolled his eyes, pondering of the answer.

“Eung—because we always stick together…”  Bomi murmured.

“Why?  Are you dating someone?”  Sunjae noticed something odd about Bomi.

“No, if my prediction is right—I think Chorong unnie will date someone soon.”  Bomi said softly.

“What do you mean?”  Sungjae still could not get the point of Bomi’s utterance.

“Suho oppa tried to approach Chorong unnie.”  Bomi stated coldly.

Sungjae was stupefied, trying to digest Bomi’s utterance.

“Heol.  Couple days ago, he asked me to help him approach Chorong nuna, but I firmly refused.  I don’t want Chorong nuna to be played by him.  I respect him as a good buddy and senior, but to let him as Chorong nuna’s boyfriend, it’s a big no!”  Sungjae spoke in frustrating tone.

Bomi nodded agreeing Sungjae’s statement.

“He followed us yesterday, and directly asked Chorong unnie’s number.”

“Chorong nuna gave her number?”  Sungjae said in a shock.

“Ne, she usually ignores a stranger, but not for this time.  I am worried.”  Bomi said desperately.

“I think they are getting closer now.  I saw them together in a convenience store, joking around like a couple.”  Bomi continued.  She could not hide her annoyed expression on her face.

“Really?”  Sungjae asked in disbelief.

“Eung—Shall we back to see them?”  Bomi suggested.

They both faced against each other, and without waiting the response, the rushed to the convenience store where Bomi last saw her.

They arrived in front of inconvenience store, where Chorong and Suho still chattering happily.  They did not seem awkward at all, despite of being freshly known.

“Nuna!”  Sungjae called Chorong.

Chorong looked around and caught her eyes on Sungjae and Bomi’s figures who were running under the umbrella.

“Bbom-ah…  Sungjae-ya…”  Chorong seemed surprised seeing them.

“What are you doing here, Hyung?”  Sungjae sharply asked Suho.

“I was wandering around, and suddenly rain poured, so I am taking shelter here.”  Suho answered lightly.

“Heol…  What a coincidence.”  Sungjae replied in with suspicious glare.

“Let’s go home, Unnie…  Your mother asked me to pick you up since you did not bring your umbrella.”  Bomi pulled Chorong’s hair, caused her to slightly stumbled.

“Be careful…”  Suho managed to hold Chorong.

Chorong looked startled and shy at the same time, while Bomi and Sungjae found it really annoying.

“Eung—Thank you.  I think I need to go home now…”  Chorong said softly.

“Sure…  It is getting pretty late.”  Suho agreed.

“What about you?  It’s still raining hard.”  Chorong asked worriedly.

Bomi and Sungjae grinned unhappily seeing the elders being affectionate toward each other.

“Suho hyung can take care of himself.  He has his people to pick him up.”  Sungjae cut them off.  He also grabbed Chorong’s hand.

“Sungjae is right.  I’ll get someone to pick me up.”  Suho said confidently.

“Arasseo…  See you.”  Chorong a bit relieved.  She formed her angelic smile and waved to him.

Suho was spaced out for a while.  He did not know that this girl has a very warm and beautiful smile.

“Neee…  See you…”  He managed to answer in the middle of his awe.

 

On the way home, Chorong could not stop smiling.  The youngers who noticed her act could only sneer and glare in sullen.

“Nuna, don’t be too close with him.”  Sungjae blurted out.

“Ne, he is only good as friends, not as boyfriend.”  Bomi supported Sungjae’s statement.

“What are you talking about?  We’re just a friend.  We are not dating.  Please, stop thinking too far.”  Chorong replied, a bit annoyed.

“Friend for now…  but you’ll end up date him if you keep acting like this.”  Sungjae flatly answered.

“What acting?”  Chorong did not get Sungjae’s point.

“Acting friendly and likely giving him a chance.”  Bomi replied as she knew Sungjae’s thought.

Sungjae nodded wordlessly.

“Oh God…  Please…  Why can’t I being friendly to him?  He is good, he doesn’t look like a bad person, like your story…”  Chorong argued.

“Nuna, you don’t know him!”  Sungjae disputed.

“Ne, you don’t know him, Unnie…  He is going to hurt you in the end.”  Bomi added.

The mood is getting tense due to the arguing.

“I’ll get to know him then.”  Chorong stated firmly.

“Unnie!”

“Nuna!”

“End of discussion.  I know what am I doing.”  Chorong retorted.  She glared to the youngers, caused them to back off.  They knew it would be worse if they kept arguing.

In awkward mood, they were walking back to home.  Bomi and Sungjae were pondering about how to make a distance between Chorong and Suho, while Chorong was wandering how is Suho personality for real.  She was curious and wanted to get closer to him, and this was the first time she was being like that toward a guy.