Chapter Four

Strictly Business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Sohee was at the office by five the next morning. When she got there Sehun was already sitting at his desk, clicking the mouse to his computer. Sohee bit her lip and looked down at her outfit. She was wearing a dress and a pair of heels, obviously not suitable for winter, but the look Sehun gave her was colder than any weather she’d experienced.

 

    “Where were you yesterday?” He asked. Sohee gulped and clasped her hands together.

 

    “T-That incident- yesterday, I mean- it won’t happen again-” Sehun shook his head and turned his attention away from his computer.

 

    “I don’t care because that wasn’t my question. I asked where you were.” His voice was cold but stern and suddenly Sohee felt very intimidated, almost as if she was being looked down on.

 

    “I was…” She tried to think of a location to tell Sehun. She couldn’t tell him she was staying with his godmother. “At home.” She lied. Sehun sighed deeply and then took a sip of his coffee.

 

    “That’s a problem.” He said. “A big problem.” Sohee waited for her punishment. “Why?”

 

    “I was sick.” She replied.

 

    “For one day? You seem fine now.” Sohee had nothing to say. She felt a throbbing pain in her wrist and tasted copper on her tongue.

 

    “It was… just a small bug.” Sehun knew his worker was just spouting out whatever came to her mind. She was covering for something, but it didn’t really matter to Sehun. Not until he seen the huge black and blue bruise on her wrist and the blood on her lip. His eyebrows knitted together and he stood from his chair.

 

    “What happened to you?” He asked. Sohee raised her head but still, couldn’t make eye contact with her boss.

    “I-It could’ve been a cold. But, please, I’m begging you, please don’t fire me. I need this job.” She begged. She felt a warm thumb run across her bottom lip and she drew back. Sehun’s thumb came away red. He grabbed Sohee’s wrist, but she tried to pull away.

 

    “Stop.” The one word was simple but held so much dominance that Sohee couldn’t help but comply. “Who did this to you?” Sohee shook her head.

 

    “I fell down the stairs.” She lied. Sehun sighed.

 

    “Don’t lie to me.” Sohee’s mind went back to the other night when Mr. Kim had also told her not to lie to him. “I need to know who did this. Does Mr. Kim know?” Sohee gasped.

 

    “Don’t!” She said quickly. “Don’t say anything to him, please. I’ll make sure to tell him when I get home tonight.” Sehun looked confused.

 

    “So, someone did do this to you.” Sohee shook her head, caught in her lie.

 

    “No, I fell down the stairs. I promise.” Sehun narrowed his eyes at the young woman before letting her wrist go.

 

    “I can’t make you tell me.” He said quietly. “I doubt you’ll be able to do much of anything today with that wrist, so just go back home.” Sohee’s eyes widened and she stepped closer to the desk.
 

    “I-I don’t want to. I can still work. I’ll be fine.” Sehun eyed her and shook his head.
 

    “There’s no use having you here if you can’t do anything. Take it as a paid vacation day.” Sohee’s shoulders sagged.

 

    “If I’m getting paid, I’m going to get paid for working, Mr. Oh. With all due respect, I’m not a child.”

 

    “But you are injured.” The two argued only for a few moments more before Sehun sighed and leaned back in his chair.

 

    “I’ll keep you company!” Sohee said.

 

    “Fine.” Sehun finally caved in. “I could do everything around here by myself, but I don’t think that’d be smart. How about we both take a day off? You can’t work around the office if I don’t.” Sohee’s mouth hung open, ready to protest, but Sehun held his hand up to cut her off. “Final decision.” He rubbed his face. “I haven’t even left the office since yesterday. I need food and sleep.” Sohee fiddled with her fingers before making a suggestion.

 

    “Would you like to go for breakfast and bubble tea? The bill’s on me for missing yesterday.” Sehun looked up, eyes wider than Sohee had ever seen them with a boyish glint.

 

    “Bubble tea?” He repeated. Sohee nodded with a smile and Sehun nodded with the faintest of smiles on his lips. “I think I’ll take you up on that offer.”

 

 

 

 

    They didn’t leave immediately because no stores would’ve been open, and so they stayed in the office and talked for a bit. It was sort of strange speaking to Sehun when the topic wasn’t about work. Sohee remembered Sehun saying he didn’t care about her personal life when she was first hired, yet here he was, asking her if she was happy in her relationship. Once ten o’clock rolled around and the sun was up and shining they left the office, turning off all the lights and locking the door behind them.

 

    Though it was bright and sunny out, Sohee was still cold. There was no moisture in the air and so it was just frigid and the young woman’s legs and arms were freezing. Sehun gave one last wave to the workers at the front desk as he walked out with Sohee. When he looked at her, her arms were wrapped around her body and she shivered. That was when Sehun noticed her outfit.

 

    “Why are you in a dress?” He asked. “Did you walk here in that?” Sohee nodded, her teeth chattering. Sehun ed his suit jacket and Sohee furrowed her brows.

 

    “What are you-” Before she could finish her sentence, Sehun had taken off his jacket and tossed it over Sohee’s head.

 

    “Wear this.” He demanded. “And don’t argue with me about it.” Sohee grabbed the large jacket and looked at Sehun. He raised his eyebrow at her and Sohee sighed before putting the jacket on and smiling.

 

    “Thank you, Mr. Oh.” Sohee gave a small bow and Sehun nodded.

 

    “We’re not at work, so I’m not your boss right now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter