Tenth and Eleventh Month

While You Were Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For this chapter, some parts are taken from the series and I add the scene between Mo Yeon and Dr. Pyo to make it fit to the story.

Italic fonts = thoughts mentally.

Tenth and Eleventh Month

 

“You’re asking permission to go to Albania for two weeks for a volunteer job?” Director Han asked Mo Yeon in his office.

“Yes.”

“How about your television show? My secretary said the show rating is decreasing because of your absence. When will you return?”

“I can’t make promises. I’m not in any conditions to do any shows publicly,” Mo Yeon said.

“Ah...” Director’s Han’s eyes glinted and the female doctor knew better what that meant. “Is it has anything to do with your boyfriend?”

“No.”

“I know you’re lying, Dr. Kang.”

“Lying or not, it has nothing to do with you. I come here for your permission to go to Albania.”

The Director eyed the beautiful doctor in front of her. “And if I refuse?”

“I’m still going.” Mo Yeon bowed lightly and then, turned around, ready to walk away from the office before her name got called.

“Alright...looks like that didn’t work. Just come back safely,” Director Han finally relented.

“Thank you, Director.”

At lunch time, Mo Yeon sat with her friends and enjoyed their food before the one and only Dr. Kim approached their table with her usual attitude.

“So, you’re going to be Albert Schweitzer again? To Albania?”

Mo Yeon’s friends stared at Dr. Kim with penetrating eyes while Mo Yeon chewed her food slowly, didn’t appear to be bothered with the comment.

“That’s good for you. I told you before if you want to be like Schweitzer...”

Dr. Kim didn’t have the chance to finish her words because Mo Yeon suddenly rose from her chair and faced the nosy doctor, staring straight to her eyes.

“Do you have any problems with me, Dr. Kim?”

The latter could only blinked, surprised by Mo Yeon’s sudden reaction. “N...no.”

“Good,” Mo Yeon said sharply, and showed her right hand which holding the chopsticks. “Do you want me to put holes on your head?”

Dr. Kim stared at Mo Yeon and then, squinted her eyes. “You are crazy. How does your boyfriend tolerate you?”

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows. “He was the one who taught me to put holes on someone’s head.”

Mo Yeon’s friends tried to hold their laughters, but failed miserably. Dr. Kim pouted, feeling defeated, and then, walked away from Mo Yeon’s table by stomping her feet.

“That was very good, Dr. Kang,” Dr. Song commented.

“Well...” Mo Yeon sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter