[1] the most beautiful people

warring light amongst blue infinities

 

 

 

"It is too good of a day to fall in love," Sooyoung brightly chimes, nearing to the window and her hair covered in starlight sways gracefully along her movements.

He only sighs sadly at his friend's pessimism, knowing full well that no matter how cruel she is with the world, the world itself falls for her without her even trying. How could he not notice the way the sun's stream follows along her shadows, trying to catch her attention while blinding her sight?

"You're going to grow unhappy, old and wrinkly overtime with a mind like that," Mingyu grumbles from the door, crossing his hands over his perfectly ironed suit. Running his fingers lightly to his hair, he attempts to fix his hair by her mirror.

"Your mom is calling from downstairs. You're making your sister wait for her own wedding. How pleasant of you."

"When I'm old, wrinkly and unhappy, I'd still have you to marry me."

He rolls his eyes at her remark."I'd probably have my own grandchildren by that time."

She still has her back face him, but this time she stops rearranging the flowers in her vase.

"That possibility might come true also," she smiles primly to herself, hiding a disappointment nobody rarely sees in Park Sooyoung.

He chuckles, feeling a sudden guilt creeps in. "I'm not getting my heart broken by you, okay?" Mingyu knows too well, falling for someone as volatile as his friend would only hurt him.

"Dear God, you're my last resolve, how could I break your heart so early?" she finally spins around with a brilliant smile that would hide even the scarred doe in her. That would turn eyes away from feeling abashed to be seen by such a beautiful person. He's gotten used to it that he always returns it with another endearing, heart-stopping smile. A smile that breaks the heart of girls from seeing it, but not her.

A smile that he doesn't realise send her hands clammy and making her feel unconscious if she has lipstick in her teeth or she missed a button in her dress. A smile that makes you look away, but not for the girl with a bulletproof smile. "You have too many girls lining up for you to be a bachelor for a long time. I'm only kidding, buddy," she snaps out of her mind and nudges him aside to look at herself in the mirror. He steps aside by a bit and observes with both of his hands in his pockets.

He is taken aback when she faces him. "Are you doing fine?" She places her hand on his cheek, making him look down. That's what he always do whenever she makes him face her like this. Make him face her with all the things he hide yet transparent enough for her to see.

He shakes his head, realizing how easy for her to read him. "How can I? I came with a broken heart today," his heart sinks as he utters this. He feels like leaning his forehead to hers like he always do when days get difficult for him and just close his eyes, when managing a fake smile becomes difficult and standing without slumped shoulders exhaust him. But today is not a good day for that. It is not easy to get comfort from Sooyoung. Her makeup today is too good to be ruined by him. 

"You only came upstairs because my sister told you to, didn't you? You wouldn't take your eyes off her if she didn't," there is a shadow of jealousy wrapped with indifference in her voice, and he doesn't want to listen. 

"Of course not."

"Lies."

"Partly. She looks breath-taking," but he is still not moving away from her palm, finding comfort in her warmth. "Sadly, not for me."

"I never supported you liking my older sister," the warmth leaves with her crossing her arms.

"You never stopped me, though you could."

"It was never my business to meddle with people's feelings."

"But you are my bestfriend. You have the privilege to stop me from getting hurt," she sighs looking at the sullen look starting to rest in his face, the cunning look in his face is no longer seen.

"You looked like you don't care any of that stuffs when you were with my sister okay? That's why I didn't stop you. Now, just deal with the pain and head downstairs. You have girls to impress and I have boys to disappoint. Let's go."

The coldness she gives shakes him back to reality. She is a contrast to her sister, deeply haunting and cold, unstable and roaring wild with her own will like a thunderstorm. So much things a nineteen year old girl carry inside her body.

"This is why I fall for your sister instead."

She gives him a grin filled with a devilish taunt. "You might not recover if you do, anyway. If you fall for me. I am far more thrilling than her."

"You're conceited-"

"More like confident-"

"And cruel-"

"And logical-"

"And selfish-"

"And selfless enough to listen to your rant-"

"I can't believe I'm friends with you," he grumbles, walking downstairs ahead of her.

"Your soon-to-be wife if you can't move on from my sister. You should be lucky that you're going to marry the most beautiful girl in town one day."