You're the One I Need

Natural Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 1 – You're the One I Need~

            Minhyuk lazes around on the couch gaming on his tablet, his tail and furry ears lay limply showcasing how bored he really was as he waits for their new desktop computer monitor to arrive. Shownu, the alpha and pack leader of their little group, specified that a close friend of his, a vampire named Wonho that Minhyuk has met a handful of times, should be dropping it off for them today.

            The vampire was apparently getting an upgrade and it'd have been a complete waste to toss out his recent one so he offered it to Shownu who knew the omegas of his pack: Minhyuk, Jooheon, and Changkyun, would love the thing for gaming since the screen was much wider than their current one. Wonho was supposed to arrive ten minutes ago and Minhyuk was becoming exceptionally impatient. Shownu, Jooheon, and Changkyun were all upstairs attempting to dismantle their old computer monitor and make enough space for the new one while Minhyuk stayed downstairs and avoided any means of cleaning up their computer room.

            Just as Minhyuk was about to open his mouth to loudly complain to his fellow pack mates about the lateness of their new device, the door bell conveniently rings making Minhyuk sit up with attention before scrambling off the couch to answer it with a hardly restrained glee.

            "Finally Wonho! It's about time-" Minhyuk stops part way, he pulled their door wide open but the person on the other side is most definitely not Wonho. Although, this guy was very much a vampire from the pale complexion and sharp protruding fangs that peeked out from the weak smile projected on the other's uncomfortable face.

            "Hey, I'm Hyungwon. I'm Wonho and Kihyun's friend, they said they were supposed to drop this computer thing off here today but some stuff came up so they delegated it to me instead. Sorry for being late, I'm not really familiar with the area around here." The light brunette points towards the box he brought up and placed on the floor near their entrance. Hyungwon coughs uncomfortably into his hand when the werewolf at the door makes no movement and just continues to stare at him with an awkwardly fierce gaze.

            All the words from Hyungwon practically fly straight over Minhyuk's head though, he doesn't hear a single word, it's as if everything around him blurred itself out of focus and his senses zeroed down on Hyungwon. Minhyuk feels the strange sensation first in his chest the moment his eyes lands on the handsome light brunette vampire male. There's a strange tug on his heart, a strong non-ignorable type of pull, that makes him tighten his grip on the front of his sweater to stop his fingers from shaking. He feels an electric like hum racing from the top of his head to the tips of his toes, getting into every fiber of his being. His pupils are blown wide, dilated and dark, as his sight takes in every bit of the creature before him. He doesn't know what this feeling is but if he was to attempt to describe it to anyone that asked he'd have to call it a need. A desperate kind of need, one that can't be pushed aside or disregarded because it felt like the equivalent of needing to breathe after having held his breath far past his limits.

            "Are you okay?" questions Hyungwon worriedly when he still gets no response from the other. The sudden sound of multiple loud footsteps pounding against the floor from inside causes Hyungwon to take a step back out of caution. The movement seemed to awaken the dark haired werewolf by the door and something Hyungwon can't seem to read flashes in the other's eyes.

            Hyungwon opens his mouth to question the pretty dark haired werewolf again but is stopped short when three other werewolves scramble down the stairs, all equally looking panicked. The biggest and most muscular werewolf, that Hyungwon assumed is Shownu based on what Wonho told him before coming here, locks his eyes onto Hyungwon with an undeniable concern.

            The three don't say anything to Hyungwon though because the first thing out of Shownu's mouth is a stern, "Grab Minhyuk!"

            Hearing the order from their leader, Minhyuk actually tenses up and leans into a crouch as if he's ready to pounce too but his eyes are only on Hyungwon. The other two smaller in stature werewolves flanking Shownu pounce forward following their alpha's orders and tackle Minhyuk.

            The three omegas tumble to the ground with audible growls as Hyungwon takes a few more steps back to avoid getting caught in the fight. Being two against one, Minhyuk is easily pinned to the floor within seconds but the one thing that doesn't change is the way his eyes still stay entirely focused on Hyungwon as if he was in some sort of trance.

            Hyungwon stares back with shock as he puts it all together and realizes the other two wolves just stopped the one called Minhyuk from attacking him. He breaks his gaze with Minhyuk, who's now whimpering pitifully on the floor, and looks to Shownu for an explanation, "What the hell was that? Did I accidentally step onto your territory or something? Look, I didn't mean to do whatever set him off. I was just delivering the computer monitor to you guys for Wonho and Kihyun."

            "I know, Wonho texted me earlier and said you were coming. I forgot to pass on the message to Minhyuk but that's not what happened…" Shownu presses his lips to a thin line as he looks between Hyungwon and Minhyuk, who was still whimpering and trying to release himself from Jooheon and Changkyun's hold.

            "Then why did he want to attack me?!" questions Hyungwon rather sharply, if he didn't do anything wrong then there shouldn't have been any reason for him to be put in harm's way like that. If they didn't want any strangers around then they should have told Wonho and he could have simply left the package at the door and rung the doorbell before leaving so they could avoid any problems like this happening.

            "…Minhyuk wasn't trying to attack you…" begins Shownu slowly, although he had a rather stoic expression his eyes were practically begging for Hyungwon to understand, "Minhyuk… was trying to mark you."

            Hyungwon didn't even understand what marking had to do with anything, he doesn't even know what marking was, all he knew was that Minhyuk looked ready to sink his teeth into his skin prior to being pinned to the floor by the other two werewolves. "What? Mark me for what?"

            Shownu looked hesitant to answer, unsure how the vampire would take the news.

            "Just tell him! We can't deny it now. Changkyun and I smelled the scent too," speaks up the red headed werewolf pinning Minhyuk's left arm, "Plus look at how Minhyuk is acting! It's worse than my reaction to seeing Changkyun!"

            "Jooheon is right," adds on the shortest werewolf named Changkyun, "Of all people, Jooheon and I, would definitely recognize the scent without mistake since we're already imprinted and mated. It's weird but it happened so handle it like an alpha Shownu. The vampire can't leave yet."

            Hyungwon is visibly taken back as all the werewolves have their attention turned towards him.

            Shownu takes in a breath, understanding that this is only going to escalate, before explaining with a short, "…Minhyuk imprinted on you. He was trying to mark you as his mate."

            Now, those words all made sense to Hyungwon but the context only served to confuse the hell out of him. Hyungwon had to do a double take at Minhyuk when he heard that, the other was still pinned and looking at him with a need in his eyes. Hyungwon looks away to stare at Shownu in disbelief, "You're joking."

            Shownu shakes his head, "No. I almost wish I was because it'd make things a lot easier. To put it flat out: Minhyuk, a werewolf, just imprinted on you, Hyungwon, a vampire."

            "Doesn't that go against your nature?! Werewolves should only imprint on their own kind right?!" questions Hyungwon in bewilderment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter