SLOTH. I

Seven Deadly Sins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yura knelt in the now empty church, the top of her head covered with a delicate veil, as she prayed. 

Suga and RM watched over her, each sitting on one of the multiple columns that lined the sides of the pews. What she prayed for, they could not imagine. The sheer sight of her in this place of worship that had forsaken them was something they could roll their eyes at, but they were always drawn to shadowing her, regardless of where she chose to go.

Yura lifted her head, eyes opening slowly, gazing hazily at the statue of Jesus Christ, a symbol of God Almighty. Her eyes conveyed a certain desperation, the two fallen angels could not comprehend. 

Jimin leaned on the column farthest from them, his expression one of boredom and annoyance. He did not understand why she chose a Catholic church, out of all the religions worshipping the Creator. 

There were ten of hundreds of different gods, in different countries, different regions of the world. It seemed ironic that there were worshippers everywhere with each their respective gods, yet they seemed to delude themselves from the fact that really, the gods they so ardently prayed to were one single being, and an infinite different beings. 

His thoughts lingered his actions of the day before, the kiss, the embrace, the burning gaze he shared with the mortal. Who was she? Or better yet, what was she?

“You might want to keep your thoughts behind some walls, newbie,” Hope passed him, lazily walking down the pews to where Yura was now carefully folding up her veil before placing it into her satchel.

“You might want to stop prying then,” Jimin shot back, giving Hope’s back a glare before letting himself get a quick glance at the girl. “Why do we all have to be in this forsaken place?”

“You can leave, if you want,” RM called down towards the grey haired boy, whose pouty lips were, he observed, even more prominent today due to all the sulking he was doing. It was quite comical, really.

Jimin snapped at the older man, “That’s funny, man. Real funny. I would love to see you try.”

The older boy shrugged in response, before letting himself down from the perch, his wings billowing once, before he landed softly next to his apparent mistress.

They seemed to be caged in, leashed by some invisible force to this girl. Efforts to pull free were rendered useless as Jimin had come to find when he attempted to stop himself from blindly following her into this pitiful excuse for a church.

“I’m not stopping you, Jimin,” Yura smiled at Suga, who had also joined her on the church floor and had taken over her satchel.

“I’m older than you, human child,” Jimin grumbled quietly before finding that he could now leave the premises. “Have some respect for your elders.”

With that, he walked out the door, his wings abruptly opening at the setting sun as he flew away.

“Just ignore him,” Suga rolled his eyes before strolling at a comfortable pace next to her, RM and Hope following close behind in their usual lazy stance.

Yura smiled sadly, her eyes searching the skies for Jimin once they made their way out. 

Suga frowned, unable to understand what looked like tears pooling in her eyes. Was he that important to her? 

His train of thought was interrupted when suddenly, she lurched forward, her lips letting escape a pained groan as she gripped Suga’s arm tightly, and sweat began to form on her neck.

Instantly the three were holding her up; she looked faint as she swayed slightly back and forth.

The pain was searing, white-hot flames, at her wounds, and sweat dripped from her forehead as her face turned an ashy pale colour from such intensity.

“What’s wrong? Where do you hurt? Yura-yah?” Suga worriedly peered into her eyes, his arm strong as he held her waist. 

She managed a weak smile at the three black-wings around her. Just like old times.

“I’m okay…I think I overdid it today by skipping out on sleeping these couple nights…I just feel very dizzy. I’ll be fine, guys.”

RM clicked his tongue at the sheer stupidity of this girl. How could she be so hard on her body? She was only human, for gods sake.

Hope was silent, but Suga’s worry was mirrored on his face as he helped her sit on the grass while sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter