Chapter 4

Her Mr. Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Si Jin slumped down on his bed feeling exhausted. It was a busy and tiring day for him. He had a lot of exams and had to attend football practice as he is the captain of the team. Add to that the stress of finding out that one of his closest friends is crushing on the same girl as he. To say that his head is aching is an understatement. Just when he finally decided to take the plunge and confess to Mo Yeon, he found out that Dong-won also likes her. To say the timing is inconvenient is putting it mildly. He didn’t know how to react and was clearly taken aback with the discovery. Good thing that Dae Young, who knew about his feelings for Mo Yeon, came to his rescue by reminding their friends that if they don’t get moving they will be late for their next class which made the others temporarily forget about the topic of his conversation with Dong-won. However, he knows that at some point the subject will be brought up again and he must be more prepared to dwell into it. He took a deep breath and decided to open his laptop to go online. Since he recently discovered that he enjoys taking photos, he recently joined an online community whose members are into photography and made friends from the said group. He finds the exchange of ideas and easy banter among the members fun and satisfying. He smiled as a familiar username popped in and he decided to send the person a private message.

“Hey polaroid_girl what’s up? J” he typed.

polaroid_girl responded, “I’m doing okay J How about you?”

“I’m doing good J” he typed back.

“It seems like you went online later than usual? J” polaroid_girl asked.

“Yeah, I had to attend football practice J” he answered.

“Sooo you play football huh? Are you any good?”

He can’t help but smile at the question, “Well you could say that. Not bragging about it, I am the captain of the team.”

“Really now? I wonder if you lead your team to wins or loses…. :p J”

Si Jin didn’t feel annoyed at his online friend’s teasing, instead he decided to return the favor by teasing her back, “ L Are you trying to say that I’m not any good? If you must know, our team’s very good.”

“Yeah, yeah. If you say so :p” polaroid_girl shot back. “So how did your day go so far?”

He was reminded of the day’s events and since his feelings of unsettlement came back and he decided to ask his friend’s opinion on the matter even though he knows for a fact the she is a girl. It may be good to get a girl’s perspective on the matter, he thought. “Well it was a bit draining actually” he started.

“Because of football practice?” polaroid_girl’s question appeared on his laptop screen.

He started typing, “Not just that. I found out today that one of my closest friends also likes the same girl that I like” he finished and pressed the enter key to send his message. He could see that polaroid_girl is typing and his friend’s response appeared on his screen.

“Oh that sounds complicated. I can’t imagine what will happen if my friend likes the same guy that I do.”

He typed, “I know. It is indeed a dilemma. What will you do if you were in my shoes?”

“Hmm do this girl and your friend know each other?”

“Yes. We are all in the same social circle. This girl happens to be my younger sister’s best friend.”

His friend’s response made him smile, “LOL oh so you’re crushing on your sister’s best friend. But wait isn’t being the brother of the best friend an advantage in this situation already? I’m thinking you and this girl are comfortable with each other. So that’s a plus for you J”

“Not nec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter