Chapter 2

Her Mr. Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

“What?!” Si Jin’s eyes even widened in response to what he heard, “What do you mean crushing on Dong-won?” he asked Myeong Ju.

His sister raised an eyebrow at him and offhandedly elaborated, “Crushing on. Like major crush as in she goes dreamy eyed just by seeing Dong-won oppa type of crush.”

“Is that so” he said softly doing his best to hide the disappointment he’s feeling thus he didn’t notice that his sister was looking at him curiously. Myeong Ju was supposed to say something when their attention was diverted by someone’s footsteps nearing the kitchen. When he and her sister turned to see who it was, they found out that it was Bo Gum, their youngest brother who just arrived from school.

“Hyung, noona good evening!” Bo Gum cheerfully greeted them.

“Hi Bo Gummy how’s football practice?” Myeong Ju asked.

“It went well. But it’s going to start being more hectic as we are nearing the start of the interschool competition” Bo Gum answered then looked at Si Jin and Myeong Ju. “How’s your day, Hyung? Noona?”

Si Jin sat down at the dining table as their house helper started putting plates of dishes on top of the table. He then answered his brother’s question, “Well my groupmates were here a while ago and we were able to finish the scale model needed for our project.”

“That’s good to know hyung. Is that the project given by your “manic” prof?” his youngest brother asked with a grin on his face.

He laughed and said, “Yes that’s the one.”

“I had my study groupmates go here as well for a review session. Our finals are coming up” Myeong Ju said as response to Bo Gum’s earlier question.

“Yeah, Mo Yeon noona told me that she was here at home this early evening when I dropped off Yoo Jung at their house a while ago” Bo Gum said with a faint blush tinting his cheeks.

“Ohhhh so our younger brother is making a move on Yoo Jung huh?” Myeong Ju remarked while playfully looking at Bo Gum.

“Nnoooo I..I-m noootttt” Bo Gum stuttered.

Myeong Ju rolled her eyes, “Oh please it is public knowledge in this house that you’ve had a crush on her since you were in primary school. But have you gotten your Mo Yeon noona’s approval to date Yoo Jung?”

Si Jin laughed at his sister’s question and waited for their younger brother to answer. Bo Gum had a sheepish smile on his face and said, “Well she thanked me for accompanying Yoo Jung home and just reminded me that Yoo Jung’s curfew is at 9:00 PM.”

Myeong Ju folded her arms across her chest and playfully wiggled her eyebrows and remarked, “Hmm I should talk to Mo Yeon. What she said was pretty smooth!”

“By the way speaking of Mo Yeon noona, she said that she will go with you to school tomorrow and that she will just meet you here at home” Bo Gum informed her.

“Oh crap! I need to be in school earlier tomorrow. Anyway I’ll just send her an SMS about it” his sister said.

“That’s alright. She can go with me” Si Jin offered.

His sister beamed upon hearing his offer, “Good thing oppa. She would be bringing with her some old heavy textbooks that we will need to use for our next review session.”

Si Jin inwardly grinned as his sister thought that he is doing her a favor when in reality she is the one doing him a favor. He then sat at the dining table while he and his siblings continued their happy chatter while eating their dinner.

 

Si Jin’s gaze fell on the picture frame on top of his desk. He smiled upon looking at the picture. It was a picture of him together with his siblings, Myeong Ju and Bo Gum and Mo Yeon and her sister Yoo Jung. He remembered the day it was taken because it was also the day when he started crushing on his sister’s best friend.

Ten year old Si Jin was playing with other kids in the playground together with Bo Gum when he heard a loud cry coming from the other side. He and Bo Gum looked at each other and immediately rushed to the scene to check it out. When he and his brother arrived they saw Myeong Ju sitting on the grass with tears in her eyes.

“Myeong Ju what happened?” he asked while kneeling beside her.

His sister sniffed and said, “I fell from the seesaw and sprained my ankle.”

“Si Jin oppa don’t worry. Mo Yeon unnie already went to get something that can be used to treat Myeong Ju unnie” Yoo Jung informed him.

A few minutes later he saw Mo Yeon walking towards them carrying with her some branches. She knelt near his sister’s injured foot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter